Camel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
From the Campaign for Liberty:

"Liberty Counsel, a nationwide public interest religious civil liberties law firm, has read all 1018-pages of HR3200, Healthcare Reform Bill, and has provided a complete analysis of the bill. Please take the time to read the entire 10-page analysis here: http://is.gd/1WtUA"

For those who prefer, I also attached it to the thread (just a pdf).

This is an incredibly interesting read... anyone know if this thing is accurate? It even says docs will all be paid the same regardless of specialty... Well that will kill all of the medicine subspecialties pretty quickly, would it not?

Thoughts from those wiser than myself?

Edit: Ok just finished reading through more of it... mandatory service in the NHSC to get loan forgiveness for medical students. I don't know how I feel about that actually... could be good or bad, but do current 4th years get grandfathered in?

Attachments

Last edited:

pgg

Laugh at me, will they?
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2005
Home Again
Status
Attending Physician
First, don't interpret this post as any sort of defense of this bill.

From the Campaign for Liberty
And who is that, exactly?

It even says docs will all be paid the same regardless of specialty...

that pdf said:
Sec. 1121, Pg. 241, Lines 6-8 - Doctors, it does not matter what specialty you have; you'll all be paid the same. "Service categories established under this paragraph shall apply without regard to the specialty of the physician furnishing the service."
I'm not a lawyer (damn their oily hides) and I really don't know what any of the actual bill actually means, but I'm pretty sure that means if (for example) a FP doc and an OB doc both deliver a baby, they'll both be paid the same fee for that particular service. NOT that all FP docs and all OB docs will earn the same government-mandated salary. NOT that spine surgeons will be paid the same as pediatricians, or that anesthesiologists will be paid the same as internists.

There's plenty to criticize in this bill, but effective and productive criticism isn't based on selective quoting and out-of-context FUD-mongering. This one statement alone is enough make me distrust anything that comes from this "nationwide public interest religious civil liberties law firm" ...

more from the "Campaign for Liberty" said:
Sec. 2511, Pg. 992 - Government will establish school-based "health" clinics. Your children will be indoctrinated and your grandchildren may be aborted!
JFC. Who the hell are these ******s?

OP
C

Camel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I certainly don't think this is an unbiased look at the bill. That's why I asked if it was valid.

The Campaign for Liberty is Ron Paul's group. Say what you will about him, but he is a man of integrity (though that statement may not apply to the group).

I did see some of those... shall we say sketchy... remarks like the one you quoted. If this group is composed of law experts then I figured there might be some utility to it.

I very much appreciate your balancing viewpoint (I tend to favor balance.).

More thoughts?