Program-Specific Info / Q's A.T. Still - Fall 2018 - OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neazea

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Has anybody been accepted for an interview at A.T. Stills Unversity, AZ for Fall 2018 OTD program?

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted for an interview for their MOT program on 9/23! I scheduled my interview for November 3 and I just bought my plane ticket and booked an Airbnb yesterday. I'm excited but nervous!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted for an interview for their MOT program on 9/23! I scheduled my interview for November 3 and I just bought my plane ticket and booked an Airbnb yesterday. I'm excited but nervous!
That's great xalexisxOT!! Good luck!! I have an interview for the OTD program on 12/8!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you both on your interviews! Would you mind posting your stats? Also, do you know if prereqs can still be in progress as long as they are completed before matriculation? (I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, but I figured I'd ask you guys, too) :)

Hi herculinessOT,

My stats are not outstanding.
Cumulative GPA - 3.04
Prerequisite GPA - 4.0
Did not take the GRE
Did 90+ volunteer hours at a nursing home and am currently a hospice volunteer
I work as a hospice CNA
Had 95 hours of shadowing in different fields; Special Needs Pediatrics, Spinal Cord Injury hospital, LTAC, Long term assisted living, outpatient, inpatient
Have my CPR and First Aid and worked really really hard on my personal statement.

Not sure about the prerequisites being completed but they were really helpful when I called for another issue. Best of luck to you!!!

Hi herculinessOT,

My stats are not outstanding.
Cumulative GPA - 3.04
Prerequisite GPA - 4.0
Did not take the GRE
Did 90+ volunteer hours at a nursing home and am currently a hospice volunteer
I work as a hospice CNA
Had 95 hours of shadowing in different fields; Special Needs Pediatrics, Spinal Cord Injury hospital, LTAC, Long term assisted living, outpatient, inpatient
Have my CPR and First Aid and worked really really hard on my personal statement.

Not sure about the prerequisites being completed but they were really helpful when I called for another issue. Best of luck to you!!!

I think your stats are pretty outstanding! Good on you, girl! :) Congrats on your interview. I just sent in my app today and am waiting for the supplemental app. I know the apps opened in July, so hopefully I am not too late to be considered! I imagine the program is pretty impacted.

Thank you! Best of luck on your application! What other schools are you applying to? Did you take the GRE?

Thank you! Best of luck on your application! What other schools are you applying to? Did you take the GRE?

Thanks so much :) Taking it next month...fingers crossed! I'm applying to LLU, Pacific U, St. Augustine, and West Coast :) What about you?

Hi! Just wanted to chime in. I had my interview at AT Still on 9/22. They did 2 on 1 interviews with professors of the program. I had Diamant and Mica. They asked questions from a packet and took notes based on your answers. They asked what OT is to you, and what traits you think an OT should possess. The rest were situational. For example, a stressful situation and how you dealt with it, a situation when you were presented someone with different moral and ethical values as you, what you do when you are stressed out an overwhelmed, instances when you take leadership, etc. The student ambassadors took you on a tour and had a Q&A session. The administrators are big on mental health right now, so if you said that you were interested in it that would probably help!

Hi! Just wanted to chime in. I had my interview at AT Still on 9/22. They did 2 on 1 interviews with professors of the program. I had Diamant and Mica. They asked questions from a packet and took notes based on your answers. They asked what OT is to you, and what traits you think an OT should possess. The rest were situational. For example, a stressful situation and how you dealt with it, a situation when you were presented someone with different moral and ethical values as you, what you do when you are stressed out an overwhelmed, instances when you take leadership, etc. The student ambassadors took you on a tour and had a Q&A session. The administrators are big on mental health right now, so if you said that you were interested in it that would probably help!
Thank you mb1316!!! This is great as I practice my questions!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks so much :) Taking it next month...fingers crossed! I'm applying to LLU, Pacific U, St. Augustine, and West Coast :) What about you?

Kansas, Midwestern in Arizona, Davenport, D'Yongville, Bay Path, Allen, Regis

I just got an email today inviting me for an interview for their MOT program!! :)

Hi!

Has anybody been accepted for an interview at A.T. Stills Unversity, AZ for Fall 2018 OTD program?

I just got my Acceptance into A.T. Still University for the Masters program and I interviewed 11/3 and I also got accepted for Midwestern University!!! Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my Acceptance into A.T. Still University for the Masters program and I interviewed 11/3 and I also got accepted for Midwestern University!!! Good luck guys!
I also interviewed at A.T. Still on 11/3! When did you get your acceptance?

congrats! did you apply to the MSOT or OTD program? I keep checking my email and anxiously waiting haha
I applied for the MSOT program! That is exactly how I was! Are you interviewing at any other schools in AZ?

I just got my acceptance right now! This is the first school I have received an acceptance from so I'm just so relieved haha I have an interview at St. Augustine this Friday in San Marcos which is my top choice so if I get into there I will be giving up my spot at A.T. Still! I also have an interview at Samuel Merritt either in Dec or Jan, haven't picked a date yet. I'm from CA so I trying my best to stay in the state.

I have an interview at ATSU on 11/17 so this information has been very helpful when preparing! Thank you! Did they give you a time frame when you were accepted on how long you have to decline or accept your spot?

I have an interview at ATSU on 11/17 so this information has been very helpful when preparing! Thank you! Did they give you a time frame when you were accepted on how long you have to decline or accept your spot?
Hi! I interviewed 11/3 and was notified of my acceptance on 11/13 so it was pretty quick! I have until 12/26 to pay my nonrefundable deposit ($500 SOS) and accept my spot.

The interview was pretty standard and like previous people have stated. They asked why A.T. Still, a time you encountered a problem, what you did to resolve it and what you would change the next time, what fields of OT are there, a life experience that isn't on your resume that made you who you are, if you think your academic history represents you well, and I think the other questions have been covered! I think what really helped me was that when it was my time to ask my interviewer questions, I came prepared with thought provoking questions not just about the school but about the OT field in general which brought up discussion and it just felt as if me and my interviewer were having a nice in depth but casual conversation and we really clicked! I'm not sure if this is standard, but I also made sure to get his email and sent him a thank you email after the interview, just to express gratitude and so that he wouldn't forget who I was among all the other people interviewing that day.

Hope this helped!

Hi! I interviewed 11/3 and was notified of my acceptance on 11/13 so it was pretty quick! I have until 12/26 to pay my nonrefundable deposit ($500 SOS) and accept my spot.

The interview was pretty standard and like previous people have stated. They asked why A.T. Still, a time you encountered a problem, what you did to resolve it and what you would change the next time, what fields of OT are there, a life experience that isn't on your resume that made you who you are, if you think your academic history represents you well, and I think the other questions have been covered! I think what really helped me was that when it was my time to ask my interviewer questions, I came prepared with thought provoking questions not just about the school but about the OT field in general which brought up discussion and it just felt as if me and my interviewer were having a nice in depth but casual conversation and we really clicked! I'm not sure if this is standard, but I also made sure to get his email and sent him a thank you email after the interview, just to express gratitude and so that he wouldn't forget who I was among all the other people interviewing that day.

Hope this helped!
Thank you so much for the information! It makes me a little less nervous hearing about some of the questions that have been asked. I was actually thinking about sending a thank you letter after the interview, but it sounds like a quick turn around time from the interview to their decision. Getting their email sounds like a great idea too! Thanks for your help!

Hope this helped!
So I just interviewed there today and loved it! I was wondering if they told you a time frame that they would get back to you in. I understood it only took around 10 days or so before you heard back but did they tell you that you would hear within the next couple weeks? Today they told us we would hear back from them in 4-6 weeks. I wonder if this is because they are waiting on decisions from those who have already interviewed. Just curious! Thank you!

So I just interviewed there today and loved it! I was wondering if they told you a time frame that they would get back to you in. I understood it only took around 10 days or so before you heard back but did they tell you that you would hear within the next couple weeks? Today they told us we would hear back from them in 4-6 weeks. I wonder if this is because they are waiting on decisions from those who have already interviewed. Just curious! Thank you!
They just told us that we'd hear back in a few weeks without any sort of time frame which was why I was surprised I heard back so soon

I just got my acceptance right now! This is the first school I have received an acceptance from so I'm just so relieved haha I have an interview at St. Augustine this Friday in San Marcos which is my top choice so if I get into there I will be giving up my spot at A.T. Still! I also have an interview at Samuel Merritt either in Dec or Jan, haven't picked a date yet. I'm from CA so I trying my best to stay in the state.

Congrats on the acceptance!!!! Same here my first choice is Midwestern and I have been accepted i have one more interview at NAU though 12/1! Good Luck for St. Augustine!!!!!

That's great xalexisxOT!! Good luck!! I have an interview for the OTD program on 12/8!
I have an interview for 12/8 also. What time is your interview..morni g or afternoon?

I have an interview for 12/8 also. What time is your interview..morni g or afternoon?
Hi Sjaze, I have the morning interview. How about you? It would be nice to connect and have an ally before we go, right?

Hi Sjaze, I have the morning interview. How about you? It would be nice to connect and have an ally before we go, right?
Hey! I have the afternoon interview. Good luck to you! I'll inbox you my number

Hi!
Just popping in to stay updated on everyone's journeys. I submitted my application last Thursday--Nov. 30th. So I'm hoping for an interview after the holidays. Waiting to hear back from everywhere is so stressful!

Last edited:
For those of you who have already been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?

For those of you who have already been accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?
GPA: 4.0
Observation hours: 50 pediatrics, 30 hand therapy
I was accepted within a week of the interview but ultimately choose Midwestern! Good luck!

GPA: 4.0
Observation hours: 50 pediatrics, 30 hand therapy
I was accepted within a week of the interview but ultimately choose Midwestern! Good luck!
Wow amazing GPA! Is that cumulative or last 60 units?
Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to do great at the Midwestern program--is it OTD or MOT?

Last edited:

Hi!

Undergraduate University: University of California, San Diego
Degree: Public Health, Minor: Cognitive Science
Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.08 (Did not take college seriously until I realized I wanted to go to grad school and by then it was too late lol)
OTCAS GPA: 3.13
Prerequisite GPA: 3.7-3.8
GRE: 148 V 151 Q 4 AW (Not great at tests)

Applying to: AT Still, Midwestern, Stanbridge, University of St. Augustine San Marcos, Loma Linda, Samuel Merritt, Chatham

Misc: Volunteered in Mexico with a OT/PT/SLP Triage throughout the year, ABA Therapist for 6 months, Worked in multiple research labs, Study abroad ambassador for the University of Sussex in England, Executive position for the Panhellenic Council at my university

Observation experience:
- 85 in peds from 3 different settings (this was all that was available that worked with my schedule)

Acceptances: AT Still

Rejections:

Interviews: AT STill (11/3), (St. Augustine 11/17), Samuel Merritt (1/13)

I'm supposed to hear back from St. Augustine this week and it's my top choice so I'm anxious refreshing my email UGH it's so stressful.

This past year I've been working full time and finishing my last couple prerequisites (physio, physics, and developmental psych) as a full time student as well and I've never been more stressed lol but it's paid off!

To be honest, my stats are not impressive AT ALL and I did not I think I would even get interviews let alone get accepted anywhere this cycle. I even planned to retake the GRE thinking I would not get accepted. But I worked really hard on my personal statement and I killed my interviews because I knew how I looked mediocre on paper. I think I'm the perfect example that says GPA and GRE scores are not everything!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oh wow thats awesome! My stats are very similar to yours so it definitely gives me hope of a positive outcome of all of this!

PS. Pan love! What sorority are you?

Last edited:
I had my interview back in September. Got in! Put down my deposit and even did the background check! Can't wait to start!

Oh wow thats awesome! My stats are very similar to yours so it definitely gives me hope of a positive outcome of all of this!

PS. Pan love! What sorority are you?
Good luck to you! I was in Alpha Chi Omega :)

Also, I literally just got notification that I was accepted to the University of St. Augustine and will be accepting their offer which means that there's another spot open for those wanting to go to AT Still!

Also, I literally just got notification that I was accepted to the University of St. Augustine and will be accepting their offer which means that there's another spot open for those wanting to go to AT Still!
Omg how funny I’m an Alpha Chi as well! Congrats on your admittance! Hi exciting !

Hi!

Undergraduate University: University of California, San Diego
Degree: Public Health, Minor: Cognitive Science
Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.08 (Did not take college seriously until I realized I wanted to go to grad school and by then it was too late lol)
Prerequisite GPA: 3.7-3.8
GRE: 148 V 151 Q 4 AW (Not great at tests)

Applying to: AT Still, Midwestern, Stanbridge, University of St. Augustine San Marcos, Loma Linda, Samuel Merritt, Chatham

Misc: Volunteered in Mexico with a OT/PT/SLP Triage throughout the year, ABA Therapist for 6 months, Worked in multiple research labs, Study abroad ambassador for the University of Sussex in England, Executive position for the Panhellenic Council at my university

Observation experience:
- 85 in peds from 3 different settings (this was all that was available that worked with my schedule)

Acceptances: AT Still

Rejections:

Interviews: AT STill (11/3), (St. Augustine 11/17), Samuel Merritt (1/13)

I'm supposed to hear back from St. Augustine this week and it's my top choice so I'm anxious refreshing my email UGH it's so stressful.

This past year I've been working full time and finishing my last couple prerequisites (physio, physics, and developmental psych) as a full time student as well and I've never been more stressed lol but it's paid off!

To be honest, my stats are not impressive AT ALL and I did not I think I would even get interviews let alone get accepted anywhere this cycle. I even planned to retake the GRE thinking I would not get accepted. But I worked really hard on my personal statement and I killed my interviews because I knew how I looked mediocre on paper. I think I'm the perfect example that says GPA and GRE scores are not everything!
Hey

Congrats! So I have an interview at AT stills tomorrow and I'm trying to get an idea how long the process is so I can coordinate a pickup time. How long was the interview?

Hey

Congrats! So I have an interview at AT stills tomorrow and I'm trying to get an idea how long the process is so I can coordinate a pickup time. How long was the interview?
For mine, it started at 10:15 and then we got out around 12:30, but they were planning for it to go until 1. We got out early. They talk about the process and put you in groups for 15 minutes, then you and your group talk to a student for 30 minutes, switch, take a tour for 30 minutes, switch, interview for 30 minutes, and then everyone comes back together to have a Q & A for 30 minutes to an hour. The order you take a tour, interview, and talk to a student may be different. I noticed that those with last names that start with letters at the beginning of the alphabet did their interviews first. Good luck!!

Have all the seats been filled? And are they starting to interview for the waitlist? I'm still debating whether I should submit my application, but I don't know if it's a bit too late now. Congrats to all that got accepted!

Did anyone get an email to fill out a secondary app?

Undergrad University: SJSU
Degree: Business
Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 2.82
Prereq GPA: 3.9
GRE: 155 V 156 Q 4 AW

Acceptances: University of St Augustine (San Marcos), A.T. Still, Samuel Merritt

Rejections: CSUDH, Midwestern (Waitlisted for Interview), Chatham (Waitlisted for Interview)

Interviews: Rush University

So did you not interview for ATSU or USA?

Acceptances: University of St Augustine (San Marcos), A.T. Still, Samuel Merritt

Rejections: CSUDH, Midwestern (Waitlisted for Interview), Chatham (Waitlisted for Interview)

So did you not interview for ATSU or USA?

Oh I did! I have an interview scheduled with Rush in January. Sorry about the confusion, that was my first time quoting my stats ha.

Did you apply to Midwestern AZ or IL? And when did you apply? Wondering because I didn't realize they already started waitlisting people

Did you apply to Midwestern AZ or IL? And when did you apply? Wondering because I didn't realize they already started waitlisting people

I applied to AZ. It was a waitlist notification for their interview process back in late August.

Has anyone who interviewed at AT STILL 12/8 heard back yet?

Has anyone who interviewed at AT STILL 12/8 heard back yet?
Hey! I interviewed on December 8th in the morning for the OTD program and still have not heard back. Let me know when you do and I'll do the same! Good luck!

Hi! I was also in the morning session at AT still on 12/8... Have you heard back yet??