A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be declining my acceptance. I'm matriculating somewhere else. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered but could anyone tell me the format of the interview? I'll be there 11/18 and would love to hear about someone's experience! This school is one of my top choices so I want to make sure I'm prepared :)

I will be declining my acceptance. I'm matriculating somewhere else. Good luck with the rest of the cycle!

do you email informing the committee of your decision? how do you go about rejecting an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview for Dec! Kinda excited! Any tips!?

Reactions: 4 users
Hi! Anyone deciding between ATSU-SOMA and AZCOM and would like to share their thoughts? Or current ATSU-SOMA students who had to make that decision? Thanks!!

EDIT--meep sorry just saw there's already a thread on it

Last edited:
Just got the axe! Pre-II. Complete 9/15 OOS LizzyM 66. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how often they send out interview invites?

Just gave up my interview spot this week. Hope it goes to one of you!

Anybody heard anything from AT still if you submitted your secondary in September? There has been pure silence so far from this school. I'm kind of shocked because I have a 3.6 GPA and got a 508 on the MCAT. LizzyMscore is 66. Has anyone with the same stats been asked for an interview/accepted?

Anybody heard anything from AT still if you submitted your secondary in September? There has been pure silence so far from this school. I'm kind of shocked because I have a 3.6 GPA and got a 508 on the MCAT. LizzyMscore is 66. Has anyone with the same stats been asked for an interview/accepted?

When were you complete? I think most schools are experiencing a lot of applications at this time so it may just be taking longer to sift through them. But with those stats I wouldn't worry too much! I think as long as your were thoughtful in your secondary essays you have a great shot at an interview.

Was complete in August, have similar stats, and just received II last Friday. Don't lose hope!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Similar stats, complete 9/15, got rejected last Thursday.

When were you complete? I think most schools are experiencing a lot of applications at this time so it may just be taking longer to sift through them. But with those stats I wouldn't worry too much! I think as long as your were thoughtful in your secondary essays you have a great shot at an interview.
Thanks for the good vibes! I was complete late August/early September. Hopefully I hear back sometime soon. I interviewed at a couple other schools and am in the waiting period right now, but I would like to have other options before my time period is up to put down a deposit.

Sorry to hear that. Keep you head up though. Have you heard from other schools?
Yes, I'm fortunate enough to have several other interviews, this was my first rejection so that helped to soften the blow. Thank you!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if SOMA does more than just one interview day per month? I just got an II, and I'm already going to AZ for an interview at AZCOM. I will literally be flying back to Texas from AZ on the only day that is offered in December for interviews :(

So I spent a month trying to refine the essays for this monster of a secondary. I submitted it 11/21 and got confirmation e-mail 11/22. Was I late in applying or did I submit my secondary in a decent enough timeline? I apologize if this question has been asked before.

So I spent a month trying to refine the essays for this monster of a secondary. I submitted it 11/21 and got confirmation e-mail 11/22. Was I late in applying or did I submit my secondary in a decent enough timeline? I apologize if this question has been asked before.
You're fine (as long as your stats are decent), but you really shouldn't have spent that long refining your essays. It was a waste of time and just puts you that much further down the pile of apps.

just sent my acceptance decline email..painful because i loved my experience interviewing there

Anyone else nervous waiting for the decision from the 11/18 interview? I'm dying.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted from 11/18 as well, pink group! Will most likely be withdrawing though.

Waitlisted from 11/18...This was my second interview here (2 cycles) and both times been waitlisted... this ****ing blows.

Does anyone know how long it takes to move from committee to a potential interview invite? I've been complete since 8/29 and have also had complete silence as to my status. Thoughts??? Thanks!!

Does anyone know how long it takes to move from committee to a potential interview invite? I've been complete since 8/29 and have also had complete silence as to my status. Thoughts??? Thanks!!
There's no way to know. My II came 10 days after my complete date. Others have taken months.

I was complete in late July and never heard a single word. Such is the way of the application process...

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete in late July and never heard a single word. Such is the way of the application process...

I was complete end of September and did not hear anything until now! Just got an II.

Reactions: 2 users
withdrew my interview here! hope one of you gets it! good luck everyone:happy:

Reactions: 1 users
Hey if there are any current students that wouldn't mind answering some questions I would love to get some advice! I'm having a hard time choosing between a couple schools and would be so grateful for some feedback! My pro/con lists don't seem to be helping me lately! PM me if you are a current student willing to be bombarded with questions :) (sort of joking)

In addition, does anyone know when the deposit is due for those accepted from the 11/18 interview date?

Last edited:
Hey if there are any current students that wouldn't mind answering some questions I would love to get some advice! I'm having a hard time choosing between a couple schools and would be so grateful for some feedback! My pro/con lists don't seem to be helping me lately! PM me if you are a current student willing to be bombarded with questions :) (sort of joking)

In addition, does anyone know when the deposit is due for those accepted from the 11/18 interview date?

I believe it's 30 days from notice of acceptance.

officially withdrew my acceptance from here today.
such a tough decision because I really think the community-based curriculum and early clinical exposure is super innovative.
good luck everyone!! happy holidays. :hello:

Has anyone who was accepted from the 11/18 interview received the confirmation email yet?