A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Great to see things are still moving!

Congrats on getting accepted! I saw that you were accepted to other medical schools/programs too - have you decided on ATSU SOMA?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, I'm still waiting on the pending list, myself. I have a deposit down at LECOM, but I'm very pro SOMA. The atmosphere was just so much nicer.

Congrats on getting accepted! I saw that you were accepted to other medical schools/programs too - have you decided on ATSU SOMA?

Reactions: 1 users
I gave up my seat here yesterday. Good luck to those waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Only about 20 people left on the pending-list!

What number do i call if i want to know my percentile on the accepted pending list?

Standard admissions numbers:
866.626.2878, ext. 2237

Most counselors won't give you anything to go on, but there are a few compassionate folks.

What number do i call if i want to know my percentile on the accepted pending list?

Is orientation mandatory? I don't want to cut my vacation in the Caribbean short

What do you guys think is the likelihood of me not getting a seat despite being on the accepted pending list?

thanks man, i like those odds. I would have a lot of awkward explaining to do if I didn't get in.

Hey, I would always have a plan B just in case. They did say they expect to get through the list, but I wouldn't go all in on that information alone! I don't mean to sound negative or whatnot, but it's definitely best to prepare for worst case scenario and apply early for the next cycle if you have the funds to submit at least one school (just so everything is prepped and you can submit right away).

Good luck! Hope we become classmates :)

Hey, I would always have a plan B just in case. They did say they expect to get through the list, but I wouldn't go all in on that information alone! I don't mean to sound negative or whatnot, but it's definitely best to prepare for worst case scenario and apply early for the next cycle if you have the funds to submit at least one school (just so everything is prepped and you can submit right away).

Good luck! Hope we become classmates :)
I agree. I have a seat somewhere else but I'd rather go to SOMA, depending on the CHC they assign to me

Members don't see this ad :)
Whose still on the accepted pending list waiting for a finalized acceptance? I was just informed the class is filled and they are waiting on people to give up their seats so the list may not be exhausted this year :(

Whose still on the accepted pending list waiting for a finalized acceptance? I was just informed the class is filled and they are waiting on people to give up their seats so the list may not be exhausted this year :(
I'm on the waitlist hoping for the best. The person who gave me my tour said that a lot of people get accepted right before class starts. Her roommate was accepted two days before orientation. I think a lot of people will make their final decisions in July.

Sucks. I am still on the pending list also. But school hasn't started yet so there is still hope!!

I'm on the waitlist hoping for the best. The person who gave me my tour said that a lot of people get accepted right before class starts. Her roommate was accepted two days before orientation. I think a lot of people will make their final decisions in July.
That makes me feel a little better, still such a nerve wracking process. I instantly became religious after having that conversation with her, praying for the best for all of us! I wonder how they are checking to see if the people who have paid their deposit are still planning on attending, or do they just do a head count at orientation?

That makes me feel a little better, still such a nerve wracking process. I instantly became religious after having that conversation with her, praying for the best for all of us! I wonder how they are checking to see if the people who have paid their deposit are still planning on attending, or do they just do a head count at orientation?

There are probably other deadlines such as immunization records submission, enrollment fees, etc, of which failure to submit could mean loss of your seat

I just got the email about the class being full. Congrats to everyone who got in and good luck to everyone else!