A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Also got the call this morning! Interview 10/14!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have advice on housing? I was thinking about student housing but they dont seem to have AC's? What's a good realty company to go with? Is ~450/month pretty good for a 1 bdrm?

Is it pretty simple to get a good internet provider?

II! Complete 10/16 was the wait this short for everyone?

Reactions: 1 user
Did you interview already? How was it?

I interviewed yesterday. Very relaxed and conversational. Nothing stressful about the entire day. Just know why DO and be ready to explain any weaknesses in your application. You'll love the school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today, interviewing the 21st. 3.3ScGPA, 510 MCAT, 6 very strong LOR's.

It's been asked before but wasn't answered, anyone know ratio of interviews to acceptances are? I'm interviewing at UNECOM and apparently they're very selective, it's almost a sure thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!!!!!!!

I got a call last night from the admin I interviewed with, Donna, but I was at work. Called back this morning for the good news :) interviewed 10/14!

II! Complete 10/16 was the wait this short for everyone?
I was complete 10/1, called for interview 10/11, interviewed 10/14, accepted 10/24. Things moved pretty fast. Good luck!

Been complete since August and haven't heard anything...:(
Anyone else?

Is it too late to apply here?
I was complete on Monday, just got an interview invite this afternoon. However, earliest date available isn't until December. I would say it is not too late if you submit relatively soon.

Been complete since August and haven't heard anything...:(
Anyone else?

Yeah I was complete August 1st and hadn't heard anything so I emailed last week to see if I could get any sort of update and the response was that my application is "still in the screening process" which doesn't mean too much I guess.

Does anyone know if admissions will reconsider their gpa minimum? I graduated Magna for my BS but my overall from junior colleges is below the threshold. Is it worth contactingadmissions to request a reevaluation?

I emailed them for an update yesterday and they first emailed me that my application is still under review. This morning I got an email saying my application is now on hold. :(

Edit: I was complete 8/23. 509 MCAT 3.4/3.1 science

Waitlisted. From looking at last year's thread, it might as well be a rejection. Really liked the school. Good luck everybody.

Waitlisted. From looking at last year's thread, it might as well be a rejection. Really liked the school. Good luck everybody.

I know several people who were waitlisted and then later accepted so don't get your hopes up. There was even a girl in my class who got pulled off the wait list a week before orientation

I know several people who were waitlisted and then later accepted so don't get your hopes up. There was even a girl in my class who got pulled off the wait list a week before orientation

Thanks for the pep talk. I already have another acceptance, so I doubt I'll be making a change really late in the cycle, but it's possible. At least there's hope.

I was complete on Monday, just got an interview invite this afternoon. However, earliest date available isn't until December. I would say it is not too late if you submit relatively soon.

Thank you for responding. I am submitting hopefully by the end of today.

You think so? I feel like you interviewed fairly early so you should be pretty high up on the list right?

You think so? I feel like you interviewed fairly early so you should be pretty high up on the list right?

Seeing all the people who were accepted pending an open seat last year leads me to believe they didn't pull many off the waitlist

Accepted!! Got the phone call last weekend, I really liked the school, but still waiting for a few more schools before I make a decision.

Has anyone that was accepted received an acceptance packet through the mail yet?

Interview on Friday... Any advice? Maybe some prayers too?

For those who have interviewed here (and current students!) what did you like/dislike about the school?

Current Student
5 reasons why I chose KCOM
1. The friendliness of the campus and staff
2. Location ( I love the small town)
3. Reputation
4. Few required lectures and no dress code
5. I actually like the emphasis on OMM

I honestly will say that if you have the opportunity to be accepted to more than one school to really think about how you felt while you were there. When I interviewed at KCOM I felt super welcomed and was really excited to be here. I also stayed with a current student and was able to ask them all the questions I had and it was really comforting to know that the school had nothing to hide. That is why I try to reach out to students on here who may not have had the chance to stay with a student host and have all of their questions answered about the town or the school itself.

cGPA 3.0 sGPA 3.1 MCAT 502. Great extracurriculars and experience in medical field. Do I still have a chance with my stats for either of their campuses?

For those who have interviewed here (and current students!) what did you like/dislike about the school?
1. Very supportive environment and are very genuine. I never felt like a hassle or a set of statistics to them.
2. I LOVE that they have incorporated ultrasound courses into their first two years. I can tell you from working in medicine already, that ultrasound applications are going to be a MUST for future physicians.
3. Good student to cadaver ratio and nice patient simulator labs.
Dislikes:
1. The housing that is available in Kirksville and the one lane highways if you're driving in from KC. But don't really have any dislikes about the actual program.

Interview on Friday... Any advice? Maybe some prayers too?

I recently interviewed here and absolutely loved it. All of the things mentioned above by current students are really what drew me in. And everyone was SO friendly - you can tell students and faculty really do form a closeknit and collaborative community. Do not stress about the interview, it was very conversational and they do an excellent job easing everyone's nerves and making you feel comfortable. Just know the usual, why DO/why A.T. Still, and you'll be good. Really hoping to hear from them soon!! :D