A.T. Still University- MESA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsolana

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find ANYTHING on the MESA campus- no interview feedback or no advice on where to stay. I've been randonely searching through the feedback, but it's all for the other campus.

Is anyone interviewing here or has interviewed here? If so, could you give me your feedback or point me in the direction of others feedback? Also, my interview is on Jan 25th and if anyone is going that day, I wouldn't mind sharing a room to save some money.

Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

The interviews have yet to begin. I think the earliest one, from the people on sdn, is next week. That's why there is no feedback yet.
Congrats on your interview! When were you complete and when did you hear from them? Also, how did you hear-email, snail, phone? There are several of us waiting to hear from them.
Good luck!

This school has been very illusive for everyone so don't feel like it is just you that is a bit in the dark. Have you checked out the other Mesa thread on this page?? There are many posts on that thread that voice your same concerns.

Members don't see this ad :)
No- I didn't know there was a thread for Mesa. I'll check it out.

I also didn't know they hadn't had any interviews yet. They sent me an email yesterday and it had a calander for the dates of the interviews- even as early as this week! If any of you get it, do it on Jan 25th so we can meet up!

nsolona- When were you complete with them?

I can't seem to find ANYTHING on the MESA campus- no interview feedback or no advice on where to stay. I've been randonely searching through the feedback, but it's all for the other campus.

Is anyone interviewing here or has interviewed here? If so, could you give me your feedback or point me in the direction of others feedback? Also, my interview is on Jan 25th and if anyone is going that day, I wouldn't mind sharing a room to save some money.

Please help!

youre quite gorgeous, have you considered applying to pcom-ga and/or nsu? :cool:

Maybe she's applied to them and hasn't heard anything yet. It does seem like she would get some in-state preference for Nova.

You guys are funny. I haven't applied to Nova- I would hate to live in Miami. Tampa is bad enough with all the overcrowdedness, but maybe LECOM.

My application was completed on (I think) 12/11. Have any of you heard from Midwestern University yet? That's where I really want to go.

Please help!

Hey, good to meet you! I actually was scheduled for the same day as you, but I just canceled my interview last week! Honestly Im just not too impressed with the school and I didnt wanna waste more money traveling. I was really excited when I heard a new school was opening in Mesa bc I love that area. I've always wanted to live there and in Tempe, AZ. But the school just doesnt have their things together. I was actually one of the first to get an interview, the very first interviews were actually on Dec 15th! Let me know how your interview goes. I know alot about the school if there is anything you want to know! Have a good day!

You guys are funny. I haven't applied to Nova- I would hate to live in Miami. Tampa is bad enough with all the overcrowdedness, but maybe LECOM.

My application was completed on (I think) 12/11. Have any of you heard from Midwestern University yet? That's where I really want to go.
Looks like we are applying to the same places...

No word from Midwestern yet though..

good luck on the interview:luck:

Hey super21! Are you from Cali?

thanks for the luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from AZCOM in mid-December after being complete since the end of October. The only interview dates available were for early March. Oddly, I was rejected from CCOM the week before Christmas.

nsolana- Would you mind posting your stats so those of us that are waiting to hear can know if we have a shot?

I heard from AZCOM in mid-December after being complete since the end of October. The only interview dates available were for early March. Oddly, I was rejected from CCOM the week before Christmas.

nsolana- Would you mind posting your stats so those of us that are waiting to hear can know if we have a shot?

Stats? As in GPA/MCAT? Sorry, I'm still new to this forum thing.

So, I guess I should forget about Midwestern, huh? They probably already have all the seats filled, since they are booked until March. :mad:

AZCOM will still be interviewing for awhile. I don't know when they stop. Don't write them off yet. They seem to do the invites in batches, so you may hear something this month. I wish I knew how many seats they have left. FYI: If you plan to interview in the Phoenix area (either Mesa or AZCOM), plan on paying high hotel rates if it's for early March. I just booked mine for Glendale and it's $178/night- that's with the MWU discount.

For stats- yes- science gpa, overall gpa, MCAT score. They haven't given any guidelines as to what they are looking for. I know they seem to place high emphasis on community service.

When were you complete with them?

AZCOM will still be interviewing for awhile. I don't know when they stop. Don't write them off yet. They seem to do the invites in batches, so you may hear something this month. I wish I knew how many seats they have left. FYI: If you plan to interview in the Phoenix area (either Mesa or AZCOM), plan on paying high hotel rates if it's for early March. I just booked mine for Glendale and it's $178/night- that's with the MWU discount.

For stats- yes- science gpa, overall gpa, MCAT score. They haven't given any guidelines as to what they are looking for. I know they seem to place high emphasis on community service.

When were you complete with them?

GPA: 3.6
Science: 3.5
MCAT (ugh): 22

They did ask me what kind of community service I've done, but they didn't seem to care THAT much about it. I was complete with them... probably in early December.

When are you going in March? Maybe if they ask, I can get the same date as you and we can split the costs of that hotel.

My stats are close to yours (my science gpa is about 1 point lower and MCAT 3 points- ugh!!) so maybe I'll hear from them soon. I've only been complete since 12/22.

My AZCOM interview is for Friday, March 9. I only got the hotel for the night of the 8th. I did chose the only one that has shuttle service from the hotel to the school. I was told the shuttle service from the airport (non-hotel related shuttle) is about $21. Let me know if you get invited.

Thanks for posting your stats.

I'm sure you'll here from them soon then.

I'll keep in touch about the AZCOM stuff and try to get the same date as you.

Ok. If, by dumb luck, I get an invite from Mesa, I'll try to make it for the same as your's. I'll let you know if it happens. Good luck!

Cali? Why do you say that? Actually I was born in Cali but I live in San Antonio, TX now! Tampa huh.. nice!

I just saw this post. nevermind about the Cali thing. By the way- I love San Antonio. Do you ever go to Howl at the Moon? My good friend is the piano player there.

Is Miami really all that bad? I am considering it heavily, as I live in AL. However, PCOM-GA (near ATL) and now possibly DCOM in TN are on my list because of family. Give me some pointers/tips to consider about south FL life, COL, and other things that want you OUT of South FL.

Thanks and goodluck in your endeavours.
Dr. Inviz

Hey, good to meet you! I actually was scheduled for the same day as you, but I just canceled my interview last week! Honestly Im just not too impressed with the school and I didnt wanna waste more money traveling. I was really excited when I heard a new school was opening in Mesa bc I love that area. I've always wanted to live there and in Tempe, AZ. But the school just doesnt have their things together. I was actually one of the first to get an interview, the very first interviews were actually on Dec 15th! Let me know how your interview goes. I know alot about the school if there is anything you want to know! Have a good day!

I hear yo man, I too was excited about the new campus in Mesa (being from PHX and all), but right now I am just not too sure if it is a good idea. Right now i am about 80% sure of going into family practice, however when it comes to residensy it think your clinicals matter and where you do them. and the Mesa campus does not seem to have them all together. I would not mind doing some clinicals at a CHC but what about other specialties or subspecialties? From what I heard most of the patients you will see there have diabetes (which is good but what about caring for patients with other illnesses?).
Just my 2 cents

Stats? As in GPA/MCAT? Sorry, I'm still new to this forum thing.

So, I guess I should forget about Midwestern, huh? They probably already have all the seats filled, since they are booked until March. :mad:

Actually, my family physcian is affiliated with AZCOM and he told me that they haven't even started interviewing yet. I guess it took them forever to get selection and interview committees together. So, for what it's worth, you definitely still have a chance.

Actually, my family physcian is affiliated with AZCOM and he told me that they haven't even started interviewing yet. I guess it took them forever to get selection and interview committees together. So, for what it's worth, you definitely still have a chance.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. AZCOM has been interviewing for months now. He might be confused with the next interview season.

AZCOM has been interviewing since at least september.

I just saw this post. nevermind about the Cali thing. By the way- I love San Antonio. Do you ever go to Howl at the Moon? My good friend is the piano player there.

oh really> wow, what a small world! Yes I love Howl at the Moon on the Riverwalk, its pretty fun! Do you come here often?

More input... great. I'm debating now about going to Mesa. It's not really my top choice and I think i'd rather wait (and save money) for AZCOM.

Again, about Florida... I just am sick of it here. Don't get me wrong, the weather is great and there's a million things to do, but it gets old after a while. I'm just sick of all the rude people. I know there's rude people everywhere, but when you are in an area that is WAY overcrowded, it's just that much worse. The traffic drives me crazy here. It takes forever to get anywhere- and you have a lot of old people, who shouldn't be driving, that run you off the road on a daily basis. I really want to get a house, but I can't afford anything! If you want something descent then plan on spending over $200,000... and that'll probably get you a 1 bed/bath. Miami is worse than Tampa. Everytime I've been down there, something has been stolen from me or my friends. Crime is awful. I'm a victim of ID theft, my car has been broken into twice, and my wheels were stolen off my car too (they are stock wheels)...not to mention the cops running up and down the halls of my condo on a regular basis and I don't really live in the worse part of Tampa- I live a mile from USF.

I don't want to discourage you from Florida, but that's what i've been through here. Bradenton is a lot nicer.There are still beautiful beaches, warm weather year round, stuff to do, and plenty of good-looking people. It's got it's up and it's downs. I personally want to live in a more rural area.

More input... great. I'm debating now about going to Mesa. It's not really my top choice and I think i'd rather wait (and save money) for AZCOM.

Again, about Florida... I just am sick of it here. Don't get me wrong, the weather is great and there's a million things to do, but it gets old after a while. I'm just sick of all the rude people. I know there's rude people everywhere, but when you are in an area that is WAY overcrowded, it's just that much worse. The traffic drives me crazy here. It takes forever to get anywhere- and you have a lot of old people, who shouldn't be driving, that run you off the road on a daily basis. I really want to get a house, but I can't afford anything! If you want something descent then plan on spending over $200,000... and that'll probably get you a 1 bed/bath. Miami is worse than Tampa. Everytime I've been down there, something has been stolen from me or my friends. Crime is awful. I'm a victim of ID theft, my car has been broken into twice, and my wheels were stolen off my car too (they are stock wheels)...not to mention the cops running up and down the halls of my condo on a regular basis and I don't really live in the worse part of Tampa- I live a mile from USF.

I don't want to discourage you from Florida, but that's what i've been through here. Bradenton is a lot nicer.There are still beautiful beaches, warm weather year round, stuff to do, and plenty of good-looking people. It's got it's up and it's downs. I personally want to live in a more rural area.

My family learned the lesson after about 20 years in south florida....move to north florida.lol None of that stuff is really a problem here....the only thing that is a problem is that the good ol boys can take a while to get to an appointment sometimes.

My family learned the lesson after about 20 years in south florida....move to north florida.lol None of that stuff is really a problem here....the only thing that is a problem is that the good ol boys can take a while to get to an appointment sometimes.

Where are you from?

Is Miami really all that bad? I am considering it heavily, as I live in AL. However, PCOM-GA (near ATL) and now possibly DCOM in TN are on my list because of family. Give me some pointers/tips to consider about south FL life, COL, and other things that want you OUT of South FL.

Thanks and goodluck in your endeavours.
Dr. Inviz

Once you escape this whole mystique of living in south florida it boils down to being expensive and frustrating. Great opportunities, variety of people, and all the stuff that comes with living in such an environment but after a couple of years it gets real old. The average house cost is something like 230k there...and that is usually for a house with a very limited yard about 10 feet from the neighbors house. As soon as you enter west palm, it is essentially one extended city with pretty crazy sprawl by my standards. It feels like it takes a half hour to get anywhere you want to go...although the stuff is all really nice. Bad drivers are a plenty there. You have the interesting mix of 120 yearold blind people going 5 mph with their blinker, and punk fast and furious wannabes going fast and cutting you off and then giving you the finger. The only thing that really makes me want to be there is that I enjoy sailing and fishing with my brother, and being with my nephew and what not. If you really don't care for water activities then it seems kind of a wash to me. 4 years of school would probably be ok though.....there is a minor nightlife there. :p

Where are you from?

Now I live near Crawfordville on the gulf....aka about an hour south of tallahassee. My family is originally from Pembroke Pines kind of area in south florida before we moved to the midwest...I spent most of my summers in south florida though so I still have plenty of experience there. :p

Now I live near Crawfordville on the gulf....aka about an hour south of tallahassee. My family is originally from Pembroke Pines kind of area in south florida before we moved to the midwest...I spent most of my summers in south florida though so I still have plenty of experience there. :p[/QUOTE

I've never been there. I've been to Panama city for Spring Break (never would do it again:thumbdown: ).

I agree with you 100% on your post above about Florida. Thanks for backing me up.

It seems like everyone is turning down their interview invites to Mesa. Maybe that is why the interview slots never get filled. I am not sure the December interview day even happened!

That's fine with me! At this point, I would go anywhere (well, within reason). I can't afford to apply again. The more people turn down the interviews, the more opportunities available for the rest of us.
I don't think the Dec. interviews happened either. Hopefully, those that interview next week, will post on here letting the rest of us know how it was.

Yeah for people turning down the invites. :D I need more spots to be available because I have been put "on hold". Ouch that hurts!:eek:

Maybe the Dec interviews didnt happen.. not sure! I declined the first interview day on DEC 15th and then I scheduled for January and then just changed my mind, so I canceled it too! Sorry, DCOM way over Mesa and all the other ones I interviewed at!

That's good you found your "home," and left an opening for the rest of us. :) Congrats and good luck.

Once your app has been reviewed, it becomes available for viewing on the online app service, right? I know my KCOM app is now viewable (complete since 11/15) but the Mesa app still is not viewable. I can see that everything is received, but that's it.

Yeah for people turning down the invites. :D I need more spots to be available because I have been put "on hold". Ouch that hurts!:eek:

What reason did they give you? That's so strange. I wouldn't think they would be putting anyone on hold this early. Is that kinda like waitlisted or are they waiting on grades?

Please help!

nsolana, you are hot as hell. i hear you like going to po boys. look for me. i'm the guy in the corner quietly sipping on his beer after a couple jaegerbombs.

What reason did they give you? That's so strange. I wouldn't think they would be putting anyone on hold this early. Is that kinda like waitlisted or are they waiting on grades?

They didn't give a reason. All they said is that I would be re-reviewed at a later time. So, I am hoping for the best. :)

They didn't give a reason. All they said is that I would be re-reviewed at a later time. So, I am hoping for the best. :)

That's so strange. Hopefully, they will see their mistake since so many others are cancelling. Maybe you'll hear good news from them soon.:luck:

nsolana, you are hot as hell. i hear you like going to po boys. look for me. i'm the guy in the corner quietly sipping on his beer after a couple jaegerbombs.

WAHT?! Is this Chuck?

hmm, reading all this sorta makes me wonder about NSU. Oh well, i still want to go there, but i'll be happy wherever.

Just found out I got put on hold at Mesa too. I wonder what was so wrong about my application to not even get an interview?

Just found out I got put on hold at Mesa too. I wonder what was so wrong about my application to not even get an interview?

That doesn't make sense. Did they notify you via email? Are you going to talk to them to see what their reasoning is? Now I'm getting worried about my app.

I hope all these holds don't mean something has gone wrong with the school plans. :confused: