a very stupid question I realize but..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amathew

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was starting to fill out the secondary for Touro-Harlem, and I wasn't sure whether the grey areas are for us to fill out or not since on the top of the page, the gray says office use only. For those who are working on the secondary (and I haven't received anything from Touro, just trying to be an early bird) did you guys fill in the student ID# and other information in the grey shaded areas?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was starting to fill out the secondary for Touro-Harlem, and I wasn't sure whether the grey areas are for us to fill out or not since on the top of the page, the gray says office use only. For those who are working on the secondary (and I haven't received anything from Touro, just trying to be an early bird) did you guys fill in the student ID# and other information in the grey shaded areas?

Thanks!

Um ... if it says at the top of the page that grey, shaded area is for office use only, why would you fill in those areas? Unless, of course, the first thing you want them to know about you is that you can't read and follow instructions. :laugh:

Are you talking about the part for "optional questions" and birthday? Definately DO NOT fill out the student ID section. That is obviously for them to fill out. But, it is strange that the bday, ethnicity, and marital status are shaded gray. Fill out the bday for sure, but you don't have to fill out the optional (ethnicity and marital status) if you don't want.
Maybe they shaded them gray so the staff will know not to use those stats as deciding factors. Who knows.
I just hope to receive the secondary soon. Their office is open this week so people should begin receiving them.
Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
how did you guys get the secondary? via snail mail or email? did anyone ask an admissions officer whether they're screening primaries or not? i'm also really eager to get this one soon!

ohok thanks!! i'm hoping all of us get this secondary from them pronto!

Thanks!

As a side-note, there was a debate on another Touro-Harlem thread as to whether some of their admissions people had said to send LORs in ASAP (meaning before they request the secondary) and whether others had said not to do so...
I just posted this on the other thread: FYI I noticed in the admissions section of their website they ADDED,

"WHEN REQUESTED (my caps), information should be directed to Office of Admissions:
2090 Adam Clayton Powell jr. Blvd. New York, N.Y 10027"

http://www.touro.edu/osteopathic_medicine/prospective_students/admissions_ps.html

...Since there was also some debate as to which of the two addresses we should send secondaries to, this seems to be clarified now as well:)

PS: Since they were open all week, does this mean they probably snail-MAILED out secondaries? Doh!

Um ... if it says at the top of the page that grey, shaded area is for office use only, why would you fill in those areas? Unless, of course, the first thing you want them to know about you is that you can't read and follow instructions. :laugh:

well i wasn't sure whether they meant my aacomas ID like the MD secondaries required. And yes, it has stuff like bday and ethnicity, which again are things I doubt the office could just magically come up with. Pretty much, the grey areas are vague in the application.

Thanks conniehaley for clearing that up, I think I'm just going to fill the rest out and wait on them to see whether they send me a secondary to call and find out.