A vs. A+ vs. A with Honors vs. A+honors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's time i participate in this forum!
Is an A just as good in an admissions commitee's eyes as and A+ with honors...an A+ with honors is given in my college to overy excelling student in a course
not honors college

Members don't see this ad.

A=A+=A+ honors=A+ with anything else=4.0

AMCAS counts them all as a 4 for your grade point average. Some ADCOMs might eye through your transcripts and see the honors, but either way they're the same for your GPA.

If you are getting anything below an 'A+ with honors' you should really consider a post-bacc program.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are getting anything below an 'A+ with honors' you should really consider a post-bacc program.

why go through all that? just beast the mcat so the adcomms see your "A with honors" was only a minor setback.

I'll take the A- and use the rest of my time more wisely. There's more to preparation than tests, and a 3.7 will get you in the door anywhere.

why go through all that? just beast the mcat so the adcomms see your "A with honors" was only a minor setback.

Nah, unless you get a 40+ to balance out the A with honors ... you're pretty much done.