A week before CK - what do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdoom12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Finishing up Uworld for the second time today and have a week before my test. Haven’t done a practice test yet and was looking for some insight into how to proceed. I averaged 80% this go around on Uworld and was planning on doing my incorrects and brushing up on topics I feel like I need to improve on. This is roughly 500 questions. However, I’m a bit nervous that a practice test might hurt my confidence, so I was skeptical on if I should do UWSA or not. Any advice? Was thinking of doing it tomorrow morning if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Try to do the incorrect Qs first. However, I think 80% on UW 2nd run is a very solid performance, I think it correlates to 85th+ percentile, If you could match that performance in UWSA you will score 250s+.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Finishing up Uworld for the second time today and have a week before my test. Haven’t done a practice test yet and was looking for some insight into how to proceed. I averaged 80% this go around on Uworld and was planning on doing my incorrects and brushing up on topics I feel like I need to improve on. This is roughly 500 questions. However, I’m a bit nervous that a practice test might hurt my confidence, so I was skeptical on if I should do UWSA or not. Any advice? Was thinking of doing it tomorrow morning if I do.

Sent from my iPhone

Finishing Uworld for a second time is a really good accomplishment. And 80% is also really good.
Normally, I would say you should do UWSA to know where you stand, BUT based on my test, the concepts and questions were so different than both the UWSA, that it may be better to focus on the incorrect questions.
Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Just as a follow up, I didn’t do a UWSA or any practice test and ended up with 255+ on the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will a lower than expected UWSA change anything? If it won't, I wouldn't take one. But if you have any flexibility in taking CK I would absolutely do a practice test. Either you do well and go into your exam more confident or you do poorly push it back.

That being said. If your 80% is taking it randomly and timed I don't think you will score poorly (just my opinion)