A week to go until COMLEX..whos ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NebelDO

future surgeon
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
well one week to go...whos and ready and whos not...i wish the damn thing was today so i could get it over with.

good luck to everybody next week

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like Dr. Mom and I are the same person!!! :laugh: I still have a week to go. I'm going to go through FA (with all my added notes) one last time and then do Savarese the last couple of days. If anyone has better ideas...let me hear it. I'm also taking the USMLE on the 19th so I'll have a week to learn biochem!!!!! GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Im Adding A Half Day For Basic Path To That... I Keep Forgetting All The Markers And The Lysosomal And Sugar Dz

here's a silly question but do we get breaks? i realize it's 200 questions/4 hours/8 hours a day but let's say i need to, i don't know, go to the bathroom, get some fresh air...can i just get up and leave and come back or do i have to sit and wait until the four hours is up?! :eek:

thanks in advance!

sulewsag said:
here's a silly question but do we get breaks? i realize it's 200 questions/4 hours/8 hours a day but let's say i need to, i don't know, go to the bathroom, get some fresh air...can i just get up and leave and come back or do i have to sit and wait until the four hours is up?! :eek:

thanks in advance!

BYOBP

bring your own bedpan
:laugh:

DrMom said:
I'm ready to get it over with, but that doesn't mean I'm actually ready.

Same here. Then I have usmle on the 16th.

I wonder if I will ever be in a good mood ever again after all this is over, or if the furrow between my eyebrows will now be permanent. :mad: <--just like the mad smiley.

M.

Usually the proctors are pretty cool and let people go to the bathroom any time during the 4 hour block. They usually allow only one at a time and make you leave your test with them. Off the record, even though they say no food or drinks, most proctors allow snacks as long as the wrappers don't make noise. But please don't abuse it because then they will enforce the rule and everyone else will get screwed. This applied to when I took Comlex 1 and 2. Hopefully it still holds. Good luck!

Thanks tsh52777. It's not like this is my biggest concern about this entire process, but I couldn't imagine sitting in the same place for 4 straight hours. Good luck to everyone!

They are pretty tight about food and drinks at OUCOM. Sometimes a home field advantage isn't that great :rolleyes: . I don't know what they're afraid of... although the sound of bottles and cans opening might drive me nutty. Red bull gives you wings...
Oh, I'm NOT ready... I'm still learning but that's how I've always been. Gettin' information in there up to the last minute ;) .
ATnS

I don't feel ready. I chose not to study in the traditional fashion these last few weeks, and instead decided to simply do as many questions as I could, taking careful measures to read each of the explanations. Consequence: A 58% on Qbank after 1000 questions. The Qbook is not much better. That damn bood is very humbling, especially the third path test. I gained some confidence from the 100 question sample exam posted on the NBOME website, which seems far easier than the Kaplan stuff. For any out there that want a pick me up for their confidence levels, I recommend answering those questions. If you don't know what I am talking about, here's the link.

http://www.nbome.org/

Click on sample exams in the left hand column.

I agree...I was getting sick of the QBANK crap and started this and did much better...except for all of the OMT cause I haven't hit that too hard. I do feel much better. Thank goodness, I was about to have a breakdown :scared:

well, after all this time (3 wks of kaplan+ 2 wks going over notes, etc) i still feel that i know about the same now as i knew before i started. is that weird or what? :scared: