A withdrawal and transcript issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doubtnichts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two questions:

1. I withdrew from one of my classes last semester and got A's in the other four with 3 bio courses in them. The class I withdrew from was a bio course too. Do you think they'll ask why I got a W and four A's?? Will that seem kind of odd?? Other wise, I'm not too worried about the W...

2. I am a double major, but I just decided to do the second major so it's not on my transcripts yet. Should I say that I'm a double major on AMCAS? I turned in the paper work already, but I don't think it'll get approved in time and I don't want to wait to submit the application.

Thank you for any help!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

1. As long as your transcript isn't riddled with W's and you have a legitimate reason for the W (trying to preserve a 4.0 or a 3.9 probably won't fly), you should be fine.

2. If your double-major status doesn't show up on the transcript that you plan submit to AMCAS, I wouldn't include it on your application.

I withdrew an anatomy course because it was a complete and utter waste of my time. (It was a class for nursing majors, and the prof used exams from previous years and students literally memorized "A" for such and such question, "C" for such and such question, etc.) I had a legitimate reason for withdrawing, yet it was never brought up in any of my interviews, and I was accepted to med school no problem. Just don't do it more than once.