AA 22 GPA 3.58 non-traditional applicant, which schools should I add to the list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgal11

Reaction score
Hi guys, long story short, I did 2 semesters of nursing program and got 20 credits of C's even with 83% in the courses :( The good news is I have been having straight A's for all of my courses and prereqs for the last 2 years and about to graduate soon.

cGPA: 3.58 -- sGPA: 3.47 -- BCP GPA: 3.81

DAT -- AA: 22 PAT: 24 QR: 21 RC: 25 BIO: 19 GC: 20 OC: 23 TS: 20

FL resident, Biomedical Sciences major
Shadow hours: 224
Volunteer hours: 202
4 years working as assistant manager
Weekly volunteer dental assistant at a local low-cost dental clinic
Paid and volunteer chemistry tutor for school
Foodbank and dental assistant at many dental events
1 week of medical mission trip
Member of Predental society and ASDA chapter at my school

Schools applied:
ATSU Arizona
Case Western
LECOM
UF
NOVA
AZ Midwestern
IL Midwestern
Oregon
Touro
Tufts
UNLV
WesternU
Rutgers
Virginia Common Wealth

What are my chances at these schools and which schools should I add more to the list? TIA!!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I’d drop some of the more expensive schools on your list including both Midwesterns and ATSU unless your parents can help with a large portion. Apply to schools that give you in-state tuition after a year.

Op is a florida resident so only has one chance at public IS tuition. The more expensive private schools on your list are good safety schools, of course aim to get in to the cheapest programs if you can. But your total profile looks good and you applied to enough schools, so you stand a very good chance this cycle.