AA from UMUC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lehla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently attending UMUC since I am stationed overseas. I am getting my AA in General Studies (currently have a 3.9 GPA) so I can transfer to a 4 year university after we head back to the United States. I want to apply to med school after I graduate from the 4 year university, so here is my question:

I know that being stationed overseas limits you on what colleges you can attend and UMUC is the best option for me at this point. Should I keep my General Science and complete as many pre-reqs as I can, or should I switch to another AA degree, if so, what? If I keep my Degree in General Studies, will colleges (and med schools) in the U.S. accept credit from UMUC, especially science and math, since UMUC can be taken online or in a classroom and I don't want to have to repeat all the math and science courses I took here at UMUC if schools in the U.S. don't look kindly upon "online schools".

I'm confused, I want to take the best/right path without hurting my chances.

Members don't see this ad.