1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AAAAAAAAA, DAT in one day and my practice scores aren't that great

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Dr. Konfetka, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Dr. Konfetka

Dr. Konfetka Sveta
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I've been studying all summer long and took topscore first, then achiever, and well no great scores. Is there any hope? I just feel like I want to get it over with, I just hope I don't mess it up.

Here are my scores:

topscore: aa, bio, chem, ochem, pat, qr, rc, ts
    1: 17, 19, 18, 12, 18, 17, 20, 17
    2: 19, 17, 17, 20, 19, 21, 21, 18
    3: 18, 17, 15, 18, 19, 22, 20, 17
    Achiever:
    1: 18, 16, 18, 19, 16, 16, 21, 18
    2: 18, 16, 15, 16, 17, 20, 20, 16
    3: 17, 16, 14, 16
    I took the 3rd achiever exam today, and I almost ran out of time in the sciences and in orgo I mistakingly missed 2 questions and made 3 stupid mistakes...i guess that explains the low score. I'm just hoping for at least an 18 or something in all sections. Do you think it's doable based on this or should I hit the books super hard tomorrow?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Envision

Envision Envisioning...
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    its really hard to say. see the thing is, your achiever scores are pretty good i think. unfortunately, its easier to gauge your abilities through topscore or kaplan or the ADA release exam. now your topscore scores are not very good, but its expected since you took that earlier on. with achiever, the general consensus is your score will be much higher, but again, its hard to estimate. i took kaplan exams first, then took some achiever, and then topscore. and my scores for kaplan and achiever are pretty consistent, but my achiever scores look kindof like yours. in anycase, gl.

4. WVUdental

WVUdental Membership Revoked
    Removed

TRUST ME, do not let those topscore scores sway your judgement, I actually memorized all of the topscore questions and I can assure you this:

NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN QUESTIONS WERE ON THE ACTUAL DAT.

I didn't use Achiever so I can't comment on it.

5. The best thing to do right now... is to completely stress over it and freak out! whahhhhh!!!

...or not.

6. Envision

Envision Envisioning...
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Do you mind elaborating on this? are you refering to word for word questions...or the question types? and does this apply to every section on topscore? or are you refering to specific sections. thanx.

7. RING12

RING12 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i need help with key holes and pattern folding. iam taking my test on 21 AGUEST. DO YOU KNOW ANY TRICK I JUST MISS EVERY SINGLE QUESTION AND THIS SECTIONS. PLEASE HELP ME.

8. DMDorDDS

DMDorDDS Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if you are getting those scores on achiever you will do fine...

9. savvysearch

savvysearch Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

People do better on the actual test than on practice exams.

But people need to know that the point of topscore is not to gauge how you'll do on the actual thing. The topscore exams have questions that are exactly like the real thing. So if you know how to do each question on topscore and study the questions you got wrong or were unfamiliar with, it's going to help you out a lot on the real thing. So inevitably, you do better on the real deal.