aaAAAAAAAAAAARGH WHAT AM i to do?????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anmol

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh my god, I am having a heart attack! I have been taking practices lately and doing well!! I got a 30 on a kaplan test then a 32 on AAMC IV but I just took AAMC III and got a freaken 25!!! what is going on here?? I went over it understood all my mistakes, I got stupid stuff wrong, lots of stupid stuff, as you can see from my grade. But It was because for some reason I was anxious when I was taking the test and for some reason couldnt concentrate well. I am so scared to take amcas VI now cuz If I do bad on that I will totally freak out on the real test. What if this heppens on the real test?? What will I do? How will I stay, calm and composed??? Any advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by anmol
Oh my god, I am having a heart attack! ...I was anxious ...How will I stay, calm and composed???

Take a deep breath :eek:

:idea: Maybe you should take off a day from studying. Do something fun so that you can relax and then go back to studying the next day.

Scores are going to vary from test to test, but stressing out will likely only lower your score.

Originally posted by anmol
What if this heppens on the real test?? What will I do?

Fail? Oh sorry...not helpful...my point is, you already know why you scored badly - stressing - and you already know therefore the answer to your question "what will happen if I panic again on the real test". So the answer is "don't panic". I know it's easier said than done, but there's your answer - find how you can remain calm, and do that. If it involves taking time off studying do that, if it involves going into the MCAT "pretending this is just a practice and you have 10 weeks till the ''real thing'' " - then do that...unfortunately individuality dictates there is no single answer to "how do i not panic?"

good luck on the real thing. i will be right there with you....(probably panicing...)

I too had the same issue. I was doing great and then I bombed a test. I hated everything including myself. I was thinking why cant I just be simple and want a simple nine to five job.Then my mother made me go for a walk, we ended up in a grave yard. Dont ask anyway after taking a deep breathe I realized that this test no matter how well or bad you do isnt going to kill you. There are other things that are more important. Like being married for 52 years( a couple in the graveyard) and making a differance no matter how big or small. I went to breakfeast this morning and just finished another test. My scores are back up.
We all are freaking out. I really think attitude and perspective are very important. That is why I am spending the time writing this. I need to reassure myself. Take a break and come back. It will do wonders. I wish everyone luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ESchnapp
... Then my mother made me go for a walk, we ended up in a grave yard. Don't ask, anyway after taking a deep breathe I realized that this test no matter how well or bad you do isnt going to kill you. There are other things that are more important. Like being married for 52 years (a couple in the graveyard) and making a differance no matter how big or small...

If you represent the future doctors of America, then we are in for some WONDERFUL times. That passage there is one of the more inspirational and beautiful things I've read in a while. Three cheers for ESchnapp!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by ESchnapp
I too had the same issue. I was doing great and then I bombed a test. I hated everything including myself. I was thinking why cant I just be simple and want a simple nine to five job.Then my mother made me go for a walk, we ended up in a grave yard. Dont ask anyway after taking a deep breathe I realized that this test no matter how well or bad you do isnt going to kill you. There are other things that are more important. Like being married for 52 years( a couple in the graveyard) and making a differance no matter how big or small. I went to breakfeast this morning and just finished another test. My scores are back up.
We all are freaking out. I really think attitude and perspective are very important. That is why I am spending the time writing this. I need to reassure myself. Take a break and come back. It will do wonders. I wish everyone luck.

Thanks and good luck to you also. This test is not the end all be all and it does not determine our self worth. I didn't do any studying today because I did poorly on a test yesterday and felt that some reflection/calmness could help me more than any practice.

Thanx guys,

You guys are right I did need a break. And I'm taking one right now. But yesterday After the test was freaking out. But when I came home, I just watched TV cancelled plans I had had to go see a movie, and just went to bed early. Im feeling a little better now. I think I'll just do some secondaries and help my dad with his website for a while. I guess I just need to calm myself. And rebuild my confidence. Im taking amcas VI (supposedly the best teller of how I will do on the real deal) on teusday. Wish me luck. Thanx again guys.

anmol