PhD/PsyD AACN 2014 in NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCloseYetSoFarAway

Predoctoral Intern
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating about attending the AACN conference in NY next month. The financial costs of staying in NY for at least 5 days is making this decision a difficult one. Are there sites or listservs dedicated to connecting students interested in attending conferences who are open to sharing rooms? How does one afford to attend these conferences (with the exception of students presenting their posters, etc.) without breaking the bank?

Members don't see this ad.

For AACN, the Division 40 student listserv would be a place to start ANST. I was a bit choosy in conferences as a student. I pretty much only went to INS in terms of the neuro stuff, better networking opportunities as a student. I get the feel that AACN is more important later on as a professional. Definitely a financial balancing act. My school had two neuro labs (adult and peds) so we usually crammed at least 5 people into a hotel room and split costs that way.

For AACN, the Division 40 student listserv would be a place to start ANST. I was a bit choosy in conferences as a student. I pretty much only went to INS in terms of the neuro stuff, better networking opportunities as a student. I get the feel that AACN is more important later on as a professional. Definitely a financial balancing act. My school had two neuro labs (adult and peds) so we usually crammed at least 5 people into a hotel room and split costs that way.

I was torn between INS, NAN, and AACN and bit the bullet with AACN. Definitely not feasible for me to attend NAN later this year. I was hoping it will be a good networking opportunity for postdocs?

I will try to post on ANST. I haven't seen anyone post anything about sharing rooms for conferences so far. Unfortunately, none from my program are going so at this point it's all on me if I do...yikes! My poor bank account!