AACOM App: Personal Statement only 350 words?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by travisgilbert, Jul 22, 2000.

1. travisgilbert

travisgilbert New Member

I was filling out my AACOMAS App the other day and was shocked when an error message came up saying that my personal statement was limited to 350 words. I wondered if anyone else has had this problem and if there is any way around it.
    Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY

Attending Physician
    I believe that is the standard limit...and there is no way "around" it that I am aware of....the Personal Statement section is short..but when you get the secondaries..you have plenty of space to make the points that you want...

4. RDJ

RDJ

Yosh is pretty much right. In fact, they even lengthened it a little. When I filled it out in June, it was limited to 200 words.
    REMEMBER, the statement on the AACOMAS application is just a very short introduction about yourself and your interest in Osteopathic medicine. The meat and potatoes are left for the supplementals.

5. uflake

uflake New Member

Travis,
    I wouldn't worry too much about the length of the personal statement on the AACOMAS. I spent about 2 months trying to rearrage my essays on both the AMCAS and AACOMAS in order to trim it down to size. In the end, the secondaries are really the only things that matter. Make sure you save anything you neglected on your AACOMAS for you secondaries. It seemed that those are given more weight anyway.

Brian KCOM '04