AACOM application question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rescuerdave

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on retaking the MCAt in August, but I want to send in my application early this time(sent it in in November last time). On the application it asks when I took the MCAt or plan to retake the MCAT. I submitted my last years score. I am wondering if I need to put on the application when I am going to retake the MCAT or can I send my August results to the schools individually. Sorry this is drawn out and a little convoluted.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

You should list the date of your future MCAT on the primary. This way, the schools know that they should expect the scores, and will wait for them before proceeding with your application. Otherwise, they will use your last set of scores as a factor in their decision of whether or not to send you a secondary (if the school screens their primaries), or to offer you an interview if you should complete the secondary before your scores are released. It could make a difference. You'll still need to let the MCAT people know that you want to send your scores out to AACOMAS.

Good luck!

Thanks luckystar. Will AACOMAS still send my application off or will they wait for my august MCAT. Also will AACOMAS send an update of my MCAT score to all the schools I apply to after the august MCAT or do I have to send it to the individual schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
AACOMAS will send your primary app too all the schools you designate once you submit it. But, it will then be up to each school to decide whether or not to put your file on hold until your scores are sent to them, or to review it anyway.

You need to put in a release code on one of your MCAT registration forms, or use an additional score report after you take the test, in order to have your scores sent to AACOMAS. AACOMAS will then forward your scores to the schools you apply to.

:)

Thanks luckystar!! I appreciate the help.