AACOMA Club vs Club leadership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

something-creative

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
I was hoping to get a little advice on this. For the experience/achievement portion on AACOMAS, is it acceptable to list your experience as a general member in a club as separate from a leadership position in that same club. Like, for one community service club that I was a part of, I wanted to talk about the service opportunities that I took part in. I also was elected to a leadership position in that club and wanted to discuss the role that I took on with that new responsibility. Would it be appropriate to talk about them separately? Should I just do my best to fit them both into one experience? 600 characters is just not much to talk about both...

Members don't see this ad.

Don't try to double dip. Also don't think that people care that much to read essays about your experiences. Character limits are there because they know if there weren't then some premed would write a book thinking they'd impress with it but in reality annoy the reader and have their application tossed away. One of the most important skills in medicine is to be concise. Start doing that in your application.