AACOMAS application is finally online!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wasabi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After much delay, the AACOMAS application is finally up and running fairly smoothly. :)

Well, anyways, I have one question to all previous or current applicants. How specific do we have to be when we enter the course name?

For instance, would the following be sufficient?

Course number : 100
Course name: Bios

or would they prefer a more descriptive entry, such as the following:

Course number: 100
Course name: Biology of Cells & Organisms

Members don't see this ad.

I would go with the second description.

Last year, the site wasn't working until June 5th, I hope things go a little better this year!

KCOM'05's right, go with the second description... Although you might want to type it in shorter.... I believe last year there was a character limit.... If not, I say type the entire thing out....

Is it really running smoothly? This is their second full run, it better be....

Members don't see this ad :)
So far AACOMAS is running smooth.

I just have one question...

Where do we enter information such as extra curriculars and campus activities?

There is a spot for honors and awards, work experience, and volunteer/internships.

Where do we put the other stuff?

Thanks

Also, just wanted to comment to Wasabi...

The longer description is better.

I had to edit a few of my course titles to make the whole thing fit into the box. And, make sure the year, term, and course number all are correct...it is a pain in the butt to go back and edit several classes once entered.

Best of luck!

JPHazelton,

I just called AACOMAS and asked them a few questions, including your question on what should be done about the extracurricular activities. The AACOMAS representative I spoke to suggests listing the activities under the volunteering/internship category. Supposedly, the category is very general and can include such information.

Also, you can include information on your activities in your personal statement.

Either way is acceptable. :)

Good luck!

Wasabi:

I appreciate the quick response.

That was where I was going to put that sort of information anyway. Seemed like the only spot that it would fit!

Thanks again.

Peace