SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AACOMAS application is finally online!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Wasabi, May 22, 2001.

1. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Chicago, Illinois
    After much delay, the AACOMAS application is finally up and running fairly smoothly. :)

Well, anyways, I have one question to all previous or current applicants. How specific do we have to be when we enter the course name?

For instance, would the following be sufficient?

Course number : 100
    Course name: Bios

or would they prefer a more descriptive entry, such as the following:

Course number: 100
    Course name: Biology of Cells & Organisms

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. KCOM2005

KCOM2005 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 17, 2001
    I would go with the second description.

Last year, the site wasn't working until June 5th, I hope things go a little better this year!

4. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    KCOM'05's right, go with the second description... Although you might want to type it in shorter.... I believe last year there was a character limit.... If not, I say type the entire thing out....

Is it really running smoothly? This is their second full run, it better be....

5. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned Banned 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    So far AACOMAS is running smooth.

I just have one question...

Where do we enter information such as extra curriculars and campus activities?

There is a spot for honors and awards, work experience, and volunteer/internships.

Where do we put the other stuff?

Thanks

6. Dr JPH

Feb 4, 2000
    Also, just wanted to comment to Wasabi...

The longer description is better.

I had to edit a few of my course titles to make the whole thing fit into the box. And, make sure the year, term, and course number all are correct...it is a pain in the butt to go back and edit several classes once entered.

Best of luck!

7. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Chicago, Illinois
    JPHazelton,

I just called AACOMAS and asked them a few questions, including your question on what should be done about the extracurricular activities. The AACOMAS representative I spoke to suggests listing the activities under the volunteering/internship category. Supposedly, the category is very general and can include such information.

Also, you can include information on your activities in your personal statement.

Either way is acceptable. :)

Good luck!

8. Dr JPH

Feb 4, 2000
    Wasabi:

I appreciate the quick response.

That was where I was going to put that sort of information anyway. Seemed like the only spot that it would fit!

Thanks again.

Peace