AACOMAS costs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atlas

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much does it cost to apply through AACOMAS? How much is it for each school (not including secondaries)? I heard somewhere like $30 per school and the first school is included in the AACOMAS fee. Is there any truth to this? Please clarify this for me.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

that sounds about right. it cost me $345 to apply to 9 schools.

Thanks. So is that figure strictly primary applications or primaries and any other fees?

Members don't see this ad :)
This past year, to submit your AACOMAS to one school it was $125.
2 schools = $155
3 schools = $190
4 schools = $220
5 schools = $245
6 schools = $265

This is the cost just to submit a primary application to each school. You can find more about the cost for additional schools at <a href="https://aacomas.aacom.org/" target="_blank">https://aacomas.aacom.org/</a> (click onto "Before you apply")

Cool! Thank you so much for your reply. I have just one more question. Does the AACOMAS and the AMCAS have the same costs? In other words, would these figures be identical for allopathic schools as well? Thanks again for your reply.

For this year AMCAS cost $150 for the first school and $30 each additional.

1 = $150
2 = $180
3 = $210

Cool! Great posts! Thanks a bunch!

This is strictly AACOMAS- each school will then charge you anywhere from $25-$100 for the secondary application. Plan to spend a pretty penny applying!! Then, if you are lucky enough to get an interview- you pay for travel, hotels ect.. then pay a deposit if accepted :) WOW!!!

I know it gets expensive! But...that's the price we pay (I guess) to do what we want to do in life. Luckily all of the DO schools I'm applying to are $50 per secondary. The most costly secondary on my list is SLU at a whopping $100! Yikes! I'm applying to all midwest schools so I can drive to interviews and save money. I plan on staying with a student too to cut costs on hotel expenses. I like to think I have this all planned out, but who knows what will really happen!! :)