AACOMAS GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Halaljello, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil

does anyone have any idea how the aacomas gpa is calculated? basically the big question for me is that are math and stats classes included? or is aacomas gpa just like amcas's BCPM ( bio, chem, math, physics)I've heard two different explanations.... the guys at pcom said, they include math... while some people here say math's not included..and that the aacomas has a seperate section for math.... Does anyone really really know the REAL DEAL?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator

Resident [Any Field]
    Heck ya they include math in your GPA. Who told you math wasn't include? They're tripping!!!....

I think you might have misunderstood some of the explanations. AACOMAS has a few different subject designations. Meaning, there's more than just Bio, Chem, Math, Phys, and other... There other designations such as Behavioral Science, Humanities, etc....

4. Popoy

Resident [Any Field]
    Here's the link to the AACOM website with the instruction to the application... You may want to glance at it.

You need Acrobat reader.... If this doesn't work go visit the AACOM website at www.aacom.org and click on students then click on application. Hope that helps...
    http://www.aacom.org/students/app/instructions.pdf

5. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil

Popoy,

I just checked the link you provided: on pg 8 on the adobe file, math is not included in the science gpa calc... math, they say is in the non science category...you might wanna check it out again

6. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil

iim sorry...i just read my original question and what i meant to ask was "are math courses included in theScience gpa

thanks

7. Popoy

Resident [Any Field]
    Okay.... I thought you meant that you didn't include Math at all in the GPA.... :D sorry for misunderstanding you....

Yup math doesn't seem to be included in the science gpa... sorry :(