SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AACOMAS Grades

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Halaljello, May 29, 2001.

1. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil 10+ Year Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Chicago, IL USA
    Does anyone know how a "W" is computed in the AAcomas GPA? Someone told me its computed as an "F"????!?!?! Does anyone know how medschools might look at "W"'s if you have a legitimate reason for having them?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned Banned 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2000
    The answer to that question is on AACOMAS's application page. You need to click on the "HELP" button on the page where you enter your grades.

Good luck

4. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah, there was a a post about this awhile ago, and I just can't seem to locate it...
    I think that the poster mentioned that AACOMAS did indeed make a mistake by computing the "W" grades as "F" grades, but I'm not totally certain since it was posted last year.

I just hope that this won't be a problem this year because it may signicantly delay the applications of individuals who have "W" grades.

Blah. I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed. :)

5. mompremed

mompremed Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2000
    Kansas City, MO, USA
    Actually the help page says that Pass, non-pass and AP classes are not counted in the grade, but it does not specifically state that Withdrawns are not.

However, I just talked to them and they said that Withdrawns are NOT considered in the GPA, unless they are WF, then they are counted as F's. Also, they said we could put the semester hours as "zero" for the withdrawals.

Cheers,

6. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    You GO CATHERINE!!!