AACOMAS Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how a "W" is computed in the AAcomas GPA? Someone told me its computed as an "F"????!?!?! Does anyone know how medschools might look at "W"'s if you have a legitimate reason for having them?

Members don't see this ad.

The answer to that question is on AACOMAS's application page. You need to click on the "HELP" button on the page where you enter your grades.

Good luck

Yeah, there was a a post about this awhile ago, and I just can't seem to locate it...
I think that the poster mentioned that AACOMAS did indeed make a mistake by computing the "W" grades as "F" grades, but I'm not totally certain since it was posted last year.

I just hope that this won't be a problem this year because it may signicantly delay the applications of individuals who have "W" grades.

Blah. I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by JPHazelton:
•The answer to that question is on AACOMAS's application page. You need to click on the "HELP" button on the page where you enter your grades.

Good luck•

Actually the help page says that Pass, non-pass and AP classes are not counted in the grade, but it does not specifically state that Withdrawns are not.

However, I just talked to them and they said that Withdrawns are NOT considered in the GPA, unless they are WF, then they are counted as F's. Also, they said we could put the semester hours as "zero" for the withdrawals.

Cheers,

You GO CATHERINE!!!