AACOMAS to receive ALL mcat scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lainy105

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT twice, and did much worse the second time. My first score was 27P (9,9,9) and my second was 24P (8P, 6V, 10B). When I release my scores, is AACOMAS going to receive both, or is there a way for them to just receive my first score? I feel like I just totally ruined my chances, I don't know what happened with that verbal!

Thanks so much!

:scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

lainy105 said:
I took the MCAT twice, and did much worse the second time. My first score was 27P (9,9,9) and my second was 24P (8P, 6V, 10B). When I release my scores, is AACOMAS going to receive both, or is there a way for them to just receive my first score? I feel like I just totally ruined my chances, I don't know what happened with that verbal!

Thanks so much!

:scared: :scared:

Oh no :eek:

I am sorry the second time around was worst. Its been a year since I have taken the test, but I vaguely remember that I was able to send my highest score. At least that's what the school's on line checklist said. It reported the highest score.

I visited the MCAT THx website and underneath both scores, I saw a section where it said, "Send ALL my scores to medical programs I designate" and another "Send selected scores"

For that second option, it says that there are some schools that want all your scores.

So maybe its ok. I think if you dig deep enough you'll find out what MD and O school want all your scores and which ones are willing to take your highest scores.

But really, unless its some sort of ultra competitive program, I think most schools will use your highest score.

Best of wishes,

C&C

Actually, I was in the same position and called up the MCAT people and they said that they release ALL test scores taken after 1991...the person I spoke with said that they have a "full disclosure policy". However, I'm sure most schools will look at the highest score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty certain that DO schools don't automatically receive your MCAT scores. You have to specifically release them to the schools. Just don't release your second score.

last year I had to log into THx to forward transcripts and I remember someone posting how they forgot to do so and had scores sent out relatively late. Log into THx and see who is getting your scores.