aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh okay, thanks for your help I'll email the school to confirm. According to this document it isn't required: http://www.aacpm.org/wp-content/uploads/2016-CIB.pdf
It says within school descriptions which schools require letters from a dpm

Yeah, best to check with the school directly. I was told something else and it seems like it all depends on your stats. In either case, good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you have any experience with Podiatry before applying? Any experience now after being accepted?

A 504 on the mcat will get you in on the spot in Podiatry, I guess.
No experience with podiatry before applying, but I believe I showed a genuine interest and understanding of it . Since then I have shadowed a pod residency director at his practice and in surgery.

Members don't see this ad :)
How often do people get accepted off the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Podiatry schools (specifically Kent, Temple, NYCPM) take the highest subsections on the MCAT?
The first time I got a 489 and the second time I got a 492 but if I took the highest subsections of each MCAT, my score is 496. 489-496 is a big swing.

I've heard NYCPM grills you on academic performance and I know a 489 MCAT is low so if asked in an interview I was wondering if it'd be ok to mention my MCAT score would be 496 taking the highest subsections.. what do you guys think? Should I retake and aim for 500-504? I just fear I may not get accepted even if I ace my interview due to my low MCAT score. It seems like Temple has a strict 495 MCAT cutoff..

Stats: 3.72 C GPA, 3.41 S GPA, recently received interview invites from all three schools and plan to attend all three by the end of March, early April.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what kind of scholarship I could get at Scholl with a 3.75~ C GPA, 3.5~ S GPA, and 509 MCAT. I've been accepted to CSPM with 10k a year, Western with 8k a year, and 7.5k nonrenewable at Kent. I have to respond to the acceptances before my Scholl interview, so I was wondering if I had a chance for the half tuition scholarship that scholl offers to first year students with my stats. I'm not too fond of CSPM's offer as they have given 20k scholarships in past years to people with weaker stats than me. I've heard western does not normally give renewable scholarships, so I am happy with their offer. If anyone knows anything about Scholl scholarships I'd appreciate any info.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Does anyone know if Podiatry schools (specifically Kent, Temple, NYCPM) take the highest subsections on the MCAT?
The first time I got a 489 and the second time I got a 492 but if I took the highest subsections of each MCAT, my score is 496. 489-496 is a big swing.

I've heard NYCPM grills you on academic performance and I know a 489 MCAT is low so if asked in an interview I was wondering if it'd be ok to mention my MCAT score would be 496 taking the highest subsections.. what do you guys think? Should I retake and aim for 500-504? I just fear I may not get accepted even if I ace my interview due to my low MCAT score. It seems like Temple has a strict 495 MCAT cutoff..

Stats: 3.72 C GPA, 3.41 S GPA, recently received interview invites from all three schools and plan to attend all three by the end of March, early April.
No they don't superscore! They'll see all your test scores and will note what your highest score was!

Hi all,

I wouldn't phrase your answer regarding your MCAT score like that in an interview. They know your scores, so telling them how to look at it will look like you are just trying to make an excuse for your score. Instead, focus on explaining the question in a way that looks good. For example, I'd focus more on explaining that you are not as strong a test taker, and how you feel the test is not a good indicator of how you will perform in pod school, then talk about how your GPA represents your capabilities better. Good Luck!!!

Hi all,

You're going to be fine. You already have interview invites which means you have met their academic requirements to be accepted.

So what is the general reason why people get waitlisted?

So what is the general reason why people get waitlisted?

Seats are full. The school has sent out enough acceptances that they will potentially reach their cap. Maybe they just like to let people suffer..

You'll be fine.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what kind of scholarship I could get at Scholl with a 3.75~ C GPA, 3.5~ S GPA, and 509 MCAT. I've been accepted to CSPM with 10k a year, Western with 8k a year, and 7.5k nonrenewable at Kent. I have to respond to the acceptances before my Scholl interview, so I was wondering if I had a chance for the half tuition scholarship that scholl offers to first year students with my stats. I'm not too fond of CSPM's offer as they have given 20k scholarships in past years to people with weaker stats than me. I've heard western does not normally give renewable scholarships, so I am happy with their offer. If anyone knows anything about Scholl scholarships I'd appreciate any info.

I'd say there is a decent chance that you are offered the half-tuition scholarship assuming they have not offered all the half-tuition ones that are allotted to first year students. When is your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say there is a decent chance that you are offered the half-tuition scholarship assuming they have not offered all the half-tuition ones that are allotted to first year students. When is your interview?
April 5th. I'm hoping I can get a extension on paying the deposit on some of my previous acceptances, since I don't want to give up all my acceptances just for the possibility of liking scholl.

Last edited:
April 5th. I'm hoping I can get a extension on paying the deposit on some of my previous acceptances, since I don't want to give up all my acceptances just for the possibility of liking scholl.

You should have no problem getting extensions.

For Kent specifically I asked them to extend it 30 days and they had no problem with it.

I think you're good then. If you want to be sure you can call admissions and ask them what scholarships are still available.

I agree with Weirdy. If any school gives you trouble with an extension so that you can finish your interviews that school has serious issues.

Hi all,

492 is fine for podiatry programs.

NYCPM does absolutely grill you on academic performance. I just had my interview today and it was nerve wrecking.

Reactions: 5 users
NYCPM does absolutely grill you on academic performance. I just had my interview today and it was nerve wrecking.

I definitely passed by you this morning while you were waiting in the lobby, right around when Lee introduced himself to you :D

I know this question was probably answered already, but I want a quick reply so I can submit ASAP.

My transcripts have been received and I just submitted my application to 5 schools.
Is it fine to submit even though all my recommendation letters aren't in order?
My pod rec was from 1.5 years ago and my professors are still writing my rec atm. Is it okay to send the pod rec to the programs I applied to first and then send my other recs?

Thank you all for answering and reading!

Hello!
I think it is time to begin my journey as a pre-pod student and use SDN as a resource to best prepare myself. I am a sophomore in my second semester, so I still have quite a bit of time before applying. The reason as to why I am posting in this thread is to find out if scholarships were offered to any of you guys around this time of the year? I am mainly concerned about applying around (January-March) and missing out on any scholarship opportunities. For those of you who were recently accepted this cycle, were you offered competitive scholarships at any of the podiatry programs?

I know this question was probably answered already, but I want a quick reply so I can submit ASAP.

My transcripts have been received and I just submitted my application to 5 schools.
Is it fine to submit even though all my recommendation letters aren't in order?
My pod rec was from 1.5 years ago and my professors are still writing my rec atm. Is it okay to send the pod rec to the programs I applied to first and then send my other recs?

Thank you all for answering and reading!

Scholl is the only program that requires rec letters in before they look at your file.

You're fine.

Please try to use the search function next time. This question has been grinded to a pulp.

Hello!
I think it is time to begin my journey as a pre-pod student and use SDN as a resource to best prepare myself. I am a sophomore in my second semester, so I still have quite a bit of time before applying. The reason as to why I am posting in this thread is to find out if scholarships were offered to any of you guys around this time of the year? I am mainly concerned about applying around (January-March) and missing out on any scholarship opportunities. For those of you who were recently accepted this cycle, were you offered competitive scholarships at any of the podiatry programs?

Scholarships are extended after you interview.

A 3.5 GPA + 500 MCAT will net you scholarships.

You are a sophomore. You know this. Focus on your grades, shadowing, and genuine leadership experiences and you will be fine.
Stop worrying about the money. You need to beat MCAT + Graduate + interview before you even get there. Your focus should be directed towards that.

Use the search function. There is a tone of info here regarding scholarships awarded if you look for it.

Can I get an acceptance without a letter of rec from a professor? I'm not asking how to get a letter from a professor, I'm just curious if I can still get in. I graduated a while back and there's no way any of my professors remember me, and I live very far away from my school.

Can I get an acceptance without a letter of rec from a professor? I'm not asking how to get a letter from a professor, I'm just curious if I can still get in. I graduated a while back and there's no way any of my professors remember me, and I live very far away from my school.

I did. One school required me to have it before matriculation, anouther said it was fine to be accepted and matriculated without it. Very school dependent.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody how full is the CSPM class by now? And if they are likely to have open seats by June ?

Hello!
I applied late January and was invited to 3 interviews out of the 4 programs that I applied. I was accepted with a nice scholarship two days after my 2/1 interview!

I applied late January and was invited to 3 interviews out of the 4 programs that I applied. I was accepted with a nice scholarship two days after my 2/1 interview!

Thank you so much!

Just applied! Wish me luck please cause my stats are quite horrible.
Non-traditional applicant, three years removed from undergrad. Strong letters of rec from professor I did research under, professor I had 3 classes with, and from a pod I shadowed for 42 hours.
2.65 cGPA (messed up freshmen year, but slow steady upward trend)
2.88 sGPA
496 MCAT

*EDIT: Apps verified! Grades are actually 2.82 cGPA and 2.85 sGPA

Applied to NYCPM, Temple (reach, may get auto-reject), Scholl, Kent, Barry, Western

This forum has been super helpful to me and I can't thank everyone enough!

Last edited:
Non-traditional applicant, three years removed from undergrad. Strong letters of rec from professor I did research under, professor I had 3 classes with, and from a pod I shadowed for 42 hours.
2.88 sGPA
496 MCAT

Applied to NYCPM, Temple (reach, may get auto-reject), Scholl, Kent, Barry, Western
Currently taking classes and on track to boost my grades up to 2.84 cGPA and 2.98 sGPA. May retake MCAT if I get rejected this cycle

You might be able to get into Kent or Barry. You MCAT isn't horrible it's the GPAs.

If you were to raise that GPA to a 3.0, you are almost gaurenteed a spot.

2.88 sGPA
496 MCAT

Currently taking classes and on track to boost my grades up to 2.84 cGPA and 2.98 sGPA. May retake MCAT if I get rejected this cycle

MCAT is fine!!! Concentrate on raising your GPA's, however, the slow upward trend looks promising. Best of Luck!

U decided agaisnt AZPOD?
Rejected post interview lol. Interview itself I felt I performed my best, but they're a very selective school looking for certain characteristics. After I got over the butthurt I realized my GPAs and MCAT weren't within the typical range they take. Was grateful I got an invite to check out the school. Met some very cool people interviewing with me.

Rejected post interview lol. Interview itself I felt I performed my best, but they're a very selective school looking for certain characteristics. After I got over the butthurt I realized my GPAs and MCAT weren't within the typical range they take. Was grateful I got an invite to check out the school. Met some very cool people interviewing with me.

Oh, I thought that you got waitlisted and then later accepted. My bad

Hopefully you got to enjoy the warm Arizona weather!

Any word on when the FB group will be made?

I know I'm not the only one ansty about finding living locations in the real estate hell that is the Bay Area.

Not sure about the group for c/o 2021. But if you want, you could join c/o 2020 page and ask around regarding living arrangements.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/807440936026928/

PS: CSPM seems like a great school, especially that curriculum!

2.88 sGPA
496 MCAT

*EDIT: Apps verified! Grades are actually 2.82 cGPA and 2.85 sGPA

I think you should be okay! Your MCAT helps you for sure.

Anyone been asked during their interviews if they applied to programs other than podiatry?

Anyone been asked during their interviews if they applied to programs other than podiatry?

They asked me in both of mine at Scholl and DMU. I was very honest that I was interviewing at both MD and DPM. I think they appreciated the honesty and I was offered admission and scholarship at both.

How they know you applied to DO?

When I played around with the app last year, I believe there was a question that asked if you have applied to any other type of professional school.

I also believe social security # is asked.

If any academic institution in America really wanted to, they could do a background check and get a list of all the schools you officially enrolled at. Just that schools don't really make a big deal out of these things. As long as you're not hiding something major and you have the big requirements satisfied. Like don't hide plagiarism or being thrown out of school for plagiarism.

I wish schools didn't use facebook groups. I guess i'll have to make one. :rolleyes: