aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought Midwestern was full.

When they've filled their seats.

Try giving them a call to see if they have any slots left.

I know for a fact Barry still does. Just got an email from them today saying they're interested in me starting upcoming Fall 2017 with interview dates the entire month of June.

Keep in mind I finished my priority interviews back in September and locked my decision in December.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am continuing to get emails from AZPOD for interviews. I applied, but ended up never scheduling an interview with them because I was accepted to and chose Scholl already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that this applicant shortage is a very good thing for us in 4 years.

It was over accepting students 7 years ago that caused the residency shortage.

I would like it if all schools capped at 50 students.

Reactions: 1 users
I think that this applicant shortage is a very good thing for us in 4 years.

It was over accepting students 7 years ago that caused the residency shortage.

I would like it if all schools capped at 50 students.
Thats true but that means they are going to accept way less stats in the long run if it continues. I think they just need to advertise more or better.

I am continuing to get emails from AZPOD for interviews. I applied, but ended up never scheduling an interview with them because I was accepted to and chose Scholl already.
Do you mind sharing with me the interview dates. It would help out with understanding how their waitlist works. Much appreciated

Do you mind sharing with me the interview dates. It would help out with understanding how their waitlist works. Much appreciated

Sure,

The interview dates available are June 9th, 12th, 16th, and the last one is on the 23rd.

Reactions: 1 users
Who is editor of the podpost.us? He is one salty individual.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if CSPM is not on interfolio this cycle? They do not come up when I search for the school. If not, how should I submit my LOR to them, as I only have them confidentially uploaded to interfolio? Thanks.

Does anyone know if CSPM is not on interfolio this cycle? They do not come up when I search for the school. If not, how should I submit my LOR to them, as I only have them confidentially uploaded to interfolio? Thanks.

You can actually use interfilio to mail them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a tad bit confused myself as to what materials need to be sent/uploaded to AACPMAS and what needs to be sent to the schools by mail. Am I correct in thinking that my MCAT should be sent to AACPMAS through the function they offer when looking at your score...and an official transcript can be mailed to the AACPMAS transcript processing center... and that both of these materials have to be sent once to the portal and that's it, without having to send them to each school?

And in regard to a committee letter, is that the only thing that isn't on the AACPMAS, and that it has to be sent to each individual school you apply to?

Thanks a bunch for anyone that can help!

I'm a tad bit confused myself as to what materials need to be sent/uploaded to AACPMAS and what needs to be sent to the schools by mail. Am I correct in thinking that my MCAT should be sent to AACPMAS through the function they offer when looking at your score...and an official transcript can be mailed to the AACPMAS transcript processing center... and that both of these materials have to be sent once to the portal and that's it, without having to send them to each school?

And in regard to a committee letter, is that the only thing that isn't on the AACPMAS, and that it has to be sent to each individual school you apply to?

Thanks a bunch for anyone that can help!
Correct, MCAT score and transcripts (mail or electronic) are sent to the AACPMAS via the methods you mentioned and I recommend Interfolio for your LORs.

Correct, MCAT score and transcripts (mail or electronic) are sent to the AACPMAS via the methods you mentioned and I recommend Interfolio for your LORs.

I see..so just to be sure, there is no way to upload a committee letter to the online application? And it must be sent separately? (My school doesn't participate in interfolio or anything like that)

I see..so just to be sure, there is no way to upload a committee letter to the online application? And it must be sent separately? (My school doesn't participate in interfolio or anything like that)
No there is no way to add it to the AACPMAS. In your case I would mail it to the individual schools.

Edit: be sure your committee will not upload it to Interfolio for you. My committee also said they only upload to the application services and after going in and talking with them about my situation they agreed to do it for me.

Last edited:
No there is no way to add it to the AACPMAS. In your case I would mail it to the individual schools.

Edit: be sure your committee will not upload it to Interfolio for you. My committee also said they only upload to the application services and after going in and talking with them about my situation they agreed to do it for me.

Ah okay! I will make sure with my undergrad before I ask them to mail it out. I know this is the 16-17 cycle thread, but I'm assuming I won't be able to get any of this done until the 17-18 cycle opens in early August?

And thank you very much for your help in advance, Podstar!

Ah okay! I will make sure with my undergrad before I ask them to mail it out. I know this is the 16-17 cycle thread, but I'm assuming I won't be able to get any of this done until the 17-18 cycle opens in early August?

And thank you very much for your help in advance, Podstar!
It depends if you already have a MCAT taken and how long your transcripts take to verify (not long if you send them electronically). The LORs are more of a formality that really do not need to be in until the very end of the cycle, so the timing of mailing if you have to will not really be an issue here. If your stats are decent and you have taken the MCAT I would say go ahead and apply to the larger schools. I have an interview for June 19th to give you an idea of how long you have to get this stuff in and have a chance.

It depends if you already have a MCAT taken and how long your transcripts take to verify (not long if you send them electronically). The LORs are more of a formality that really do not need to be in until the very end of the cycle, so the timing of mailing if you have to will not really be an issue here. If your stats are decent and you have taken the MCAT I would say go ahead and apply to the larger schools. I have an interview for June 19th to give you an idea of how long you have to get this stuff in and have a chance.

Thanks for that, but I've generally been preparing to apply for the 17-18 cycle :/ I have an MCAT, but my interview for a committee letter will be somewhere in the beginning of July. Then it'll take my school about 4 weeks to finalize and be able to send it out so yeah hahah. But is it really the case that we can't start a cycle's application until the day it opens? I would think they'd at least let us fill it out beforehand like the AMCAS

To the land of King James, Kent State!

Edit: on a serious note, does anyone know how long it takes the AACPMAS to receive and process your MCAT score?
Congrats!!! See you there!!!

I think in about 24 hours.

I got 497 (P/S was lowest for me), so hoping for that interview at NYCPM! :horns:

Btw, did you like Barry?
Cancelled the interview because I was pretty dead set on Kent and had already spent quite a bit traveling for interviews. I am sure you will with that score, congrats!

Awesome score man. Just be polite during the interview and you are in!

I think in about 24 hours.

I got 497 (P/S was lowest for me), so hoping for that interview at NYCPM! :horns:

Btw, did you like Barry?

Edit: on a serious note, does anyone know how long it takes the AACPMAS to receive and process your MCAT score?
Until he goes to LA next year and everyone in Cleveland burns his jersey haha

Until he goes to LA next year and everyone in Cleveland burns his jersey haha
You think he will go to the Western conference and miss out on another easy finals appearance? I say Jimmy Butler to the Cavs and we see another rematch in next years finals.

Edit: Will be exciting to be in Cleveland for it, if he stays.

I hope he stays. It'll taint his legacy to leave again! Who knows though. It'll be fun to watch

Does the $1000 deposit goes straight to tuition fees?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats on Kent. Was very impressed with them when I interviewed there.

Hi everyone!

I have a NYCPM interview coming up in 2 weeks, I would appreciate any advice! On my app, I did state that I had previously applied to DO (applied this past cycle) so would that be looked down upon? I am just nervous since I know it's really late in the cycle and I am not sure whether an acceptance is likely or not..

Hi everyone!

I have a NYCPM interview coming up in 2 weeks, I would appreciate any advice! On my app, I did state that I had previously applied to DO (applied this past cycle) so would that be looked down upon? I am just nervous since I know it's really late in the cycle and I am not sure whether an acceptance is likely or not..
I'm sure they'll ask you about it, but as long as you're honest about it and are yourself when you're at the school then what more could they ask for?! They'll know whether or not they want you there :) Just do your best and mean what you say!

Hi, does anybody know if CSPM still has space for fall 2017?
and how long does it usually take for them to send out the acceptance email after the interview?
Thanks

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg
When I declined my acceptance last Thursday Dr. Tran said they had a very limited amount of seats left.

Reactions: 3 users