AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh great thanks. Does anyone know if CSPM pays for travel expenses for interviews?
No, they do not.

If you are talking about the podiatry summer workshop, then yes- they can.

Members don't see this ad.

Applying for the Fall of 2019. What are my chances?

Live in NY and graduated with a bachelors degree in biology with a minor in chemistry.
*cGPA- 3.67 ( out of a 4.0 scale)
*sGPA (major)- 3.71
*sGPA (minor)- 3.33
*MCAT- 494 (as of right now but still havent taken it yet so could get higher)
*Great LOR
*Currently over 200+ hours of shadowing and counting
*Great extracurriculars (was president of multiple honor societies and did 4 years of my own research)

Live in NY and graduated with a bachelors degree in biology with a minor in chemistry.
*sGPA (major)- 3.71
*sGPA (minor)- 3.33
*Great LOR
*Great extracurriculars (was president of multiple honor societies and did 4 years of my own research)
Accepted, even if you apply now.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I had my interview with NYCPM last wed, I set it as my first interview. I got an invite about 2 hours after I was verified. I went and it went well I believe and I do like the school, I hope I get in.
cgpa: 3.3
sgpa: 3.0
MCAT- 494, I know...

Pod experience with a director of the VA residency program at his practice, VA shadowing of residents also, palliative care volunteer, and other ECs, and research.

What should I expect? don’t really care for the scholarship, prob wont get one, but I really just want to get in.

I doubt a scholarship, but if the application crisis is still going on, I’d say you have a very good chance of getting in.

So I had my interview with NYCPM last wed, I set it as my first interview. I got an invite about 2 hours after I was verified. I went and it went well I believe and I do like the school, I hope I get in.
cgpa: 3.3
sgpa: 3.0
MCAT- 494, I know...

Pod experience with a director of the VA residency program at his practice, VA shadowing of residents also, palliative care volunteer, and other ECs, and research.

What should I expect? don’t really care for the scholarship, prob wont get one, but I really just want to get in.

If you take that MCAT and score 513+, you could get into MD school.

500+ you could go to DO school.

*sGPA (major)- 3.71
*sGPA (minor)- 3.33
*Great LOR

Careful Gypsy... theyre gonna come for you if you keep suggesting this
giphy.gif

That was the plan but struggling to get that high for some reason. Podiatry has also always been a field I wanted to pursue. We will see what happens. THANK YOU!

Reactions: 1 users
Totally man (or mam’) if you can’t break higher than that on the MCAT, totally go for podiatry, it’s a great career with a bright future. Plus, with your GPA, you will prolly get a scholarship!

That was the plan but struggling to get that high for some reason. Podiatry has also always been a field I wanted to pursue. We will see what happens. THANK YOU!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Congrats on the acceptances! Just wanted to ask for advice.... is it too late in the cycle to apply for this year? Should I just wait for 2019 ?

Hey guys! Congrats on the acceptances! Just wanted to ask for advice.... is it too late in the cycle to apply for this year? Should I just wait for 2019 ?

What are your stats? If they are good enough. You're still good to go for all schools. Apps are super duper low this year. I guarantee most schools will have empty seats when school starts.

Depends on your stats.

What are your stats?

Why podiatry after DO and Dental?
There are some people that love podiatry and its their first choice, but believe it or not there are some people who view podiatry as a back up.

Barry just sent me an interview invite, so that's one school that has seats. Kent state should also have seats left. I would call the schools you want to go to and ask the admissions office.

Depends on your stats.

What are your stats?

Why podiatry after DO and Dental?

I have pretty decent stats. High GPAs and lower MCAT . Honestly, I did not know about the profession in depth until recently and it was amazing how much hands-on they are and at the same time making a difference. The more exposure I had, the more interest it built. My friend is a first year at Scholl and she educated me as well! Podiatry actually hits home for me because my grandfather was a long-standing diabetic and had to get foot amputation and amazing podiatrist and physicians helped him through that rough time.I pursued DO route initially because I always wanted to be apart of the medical profession and follow an holistic approach. No one in my families has ever went to college so I am learning as I go the different opportunities and avenues of medicine.
Dental? Never even looked at the pre-requisites. I think the MCAT was enough for me lol

If you got a 490+ on the mcat, I say apply see what happens.

3.0+ and 490+ should net you an acceptance at one of the larger schools.

I have pretty decent stats. High GPAs and lower MCAT . Honestly, I did not know about the profession in depth until recently and it was amazing how much hands-on they are and at the same time making a difference. The more exposure I had, the more interest it built. My friend is a first year at Scholl and she educated me as well! Podiatry actually hits home for me because my grandfather was a long-standing diabetic and had to get foot amputation and amazing podiatrist and physicians helped him through that rough time.I pursued DO route initially because I always wanted to be apart of the medical profession and follow an holistic approach. No one in my families has ever went to college so I am learning as I go the different opportunities and avenues of medicine.
Dental? Never even looked at the pre-requisites. I think the MCAT was enough for me lol

Can someone share some insight on how long it takes MCAT scores to get from AAMC to app service to schools? I just released my scores today from AAMC to AACPMAS. Thanks!

Question for those that submitted apps, what counts as an english class? I see that most schools require 6 credits, but I haven't taken a class labeled as english, but did take a composition class and numerous writing intensive courses, they just weren't anything like english 101 in labeling. Would those be acceptable or should I take 2 easy english classes this summer to apply next year?

Can someone share some insight on how long it takes MCAT scores to get from AAMC to app service to schools? I just released my scores today from AAMC to AACPMAS. Thanks!
It depends on at what point in the cycle but usually up to a few days. The verification with grades and transcripts takes the longest and can take anywhere from a few days to few weeks. MCat is quick tho

Question for those that submitted apps, what counts as an english class? I see that most schools require 6 credits, but I haven't taken a class labeled as english, but did take a composition class and numerous writing intensive courses, they just weren't anything like english 101 in labeling. Would those be acceptable or should I take 2 easy english classes this summer to apply next year?

You're probably fine. Back in undergrad, my first English was Freshmen composition (110) and the second was Writing for Scientists (210) (being a bio major).
You can always email AACPMAS directly and ask.

If they counted towards a college major as English it should be fine. But you can always call a school or two and ask to make sure.

I don’t believe mine took long at all. Perhaps a few days at the most.

I applied to Temple and my whole process was super fast. To give you an idea

Sent MCAT 4/13/18 (Monday), recieved by 4/16/18 (Friday)
Sent Transcripts 4/14/18, received 4/17/18 (these were by mail, but even faster when done online)
Application Submitted 4/23/18, Course Work Verified 4/24/18
Interview invite received on 4/24/18 (yes, one day after submission)
Interviewed on 5/4/18, Accepted 5/4/18 (I fortunately interviewed on the same day that the committee met)

I applied to Temple and my whole process was super fast. To give you an idea

Sent MCAT 4/13/18 (Monday), recieved by 4/16/18 (Friday)
Sent Transcripts 4/14/18, received 4/17/18 (these were by mail, but even faster when done online)
Application Submitted 4/23/18, Course Work Verified 4/24/18
Interview invite received on 4/24/18 (yes, one day after submission)
Interviewed on 5/4/18, Accepted 5/4/18 (I fortunately interviewed on the same day that the committee met)
you going to Temple?? I'm trynna decide between TUSPM and NYCPM right now as my deadline for TUSPM is tomorrow.

you going to Temple?? I'm trynna decide between TUSPM and NYCPM right now as my deadline for TUSPM is tomorrow.

Yep, class of 2022!

As far as your decision goes, I don't think that any one person can give you the answer you may be looking for. I am not well versed about NYCPM (or any of the other schools for that matter). Though, from what I have heard and read, both schools are going to give you similar opportunities. It may really come down to a decision of where you want to live.

As for my reason for choosing Temple, aside from knowing what the school had to offer, I have actually lived in Philadelphia my whole life and I love it. I have worked in Temple labs and I know many people who have attended Temple (both undergrad and graduate) . I know what it has to offer and what I can get out of it. In the end, I felt as though anywhere I go will provide me with the education to do what I want, so why not do it in a familiar environment.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep, class of 2022!

As far as your decision goes, I don't think that any one person can give you the answer you may be looking for. I am not well versed about NYCPM (or any of the other schools for that matter). Though, from what I have heard and read, both schools are going to give you similar opportunities. It may really come down to a decision of where you want to live.

As for my reason for choosing Temple, aside from knowing what the school had to offer, I have actually lived in Philadelphia my whole life and I love it. I have worked in Temple labs and I know many people who have attended Temple (both undergrad and graduate) . I know what it has to offer and what I can get out of it. In the end, I felt as though anywhere I go will provide me with the education to do what I want, so why not do it in a familiar environment.
I think NY would be too much for me tbh. I just accepted Temple's offer with $6k scholarship!! See ya at school!! TUSPM 2022

Last edited:
I think NY would be too much for me tbh. I just accepted Temple's offer with $6k scholarship!! See ya at school!! TUSPM 2020

Awesome! Philly is an awesome city, I doubt that you will be disappointed!

You should go and join the facebook page! Great way to reach out to some future class mates.

See you on July 30!

Has anyone gotten an interview recently? Specifically from DMU or Barry?