AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

Application process is going at a decent speed. I received news that my app was being verified on this past Thursday, August 31st. Received email this morning statement that verification was complete and within an hour I received an invite interview from Kent (I only applied there).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to update you guys if anyone was interested, I haven't heard anything from CSPM. NYCPM told me as well that they received my app yesterday. Got ii's from the other 7 since. If anyone wants details of when I got them or anything else, feel free to reply or PM!

Just got invite to NYCPM! So far interviewing at Kent in mid sept., Scholl in mid. October and received invite to Temple, but not sure if going.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got invite to NYCPM! So far interviewing at Kent in mid sept., Scholl in mid. October and received invite to Temple, but not sure if going.
If anyone has a good page on interview questions, please send my way...greatly appreciated!!

Just to update you guys if anyone was interested, I haven't heard anything from CSPM. NYCPM told me as well that they received my app yesterday. Got ii's from the other 7 since. If anyone wants details of when I got them or anything else, feel free to reply or PM!
When did you hear from Western?

Would anything such as a letter of intent be worth anything? Anyone know?

If anyone has a good page on interview questions, please send my way...greatly appreciated!!
You can go to the SDN Resource and click on the interview feedback and find some information there

I got an interview invite for NYCPM today.

Is Barry still going to be doing interviews during the timeframe of the hurricane? I really wonder how its going to affect the scheduling but im guessing there are no dates soon or they are starting after anyways?

can anyone help me with the MCAT verification code? how do I find it?

@med2345 When I talked to them, they were scheduling for Mondays and Tuesdays in September and on but I would guess their scheduling will be affected by the hurricane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Saw two groups of interviewees come through our anatomy lab today. Feel free to shoot me a message if anyone has any questions about KSUCPM!

Anyone have insight into whether it is an advantage/disadvantage to be the first or one of the very first to be interviewed?

o i got an interview with Temple even though I haven't sent my MCAT(still verifying) and LoR(waiting for my DPM and 2nd prof to finish)

Anyone have insight into whether it is an advantage/disadvantage to be the first or one of the very first to be interviewed?

If you get an interview invite, then you're half way there. If you're one of the first ones to be invited, then grab that chance and do your best. If they like you, they will take you soon after due to less competition.

Also, for anyone flying to FL this coming week, I would buy insurance in case flights get cancelled.

If you get an interview invite, then you're half way there. If you're one of the first ones to be invited, then grab that chance and do your best. If they like you, they will take you soon after due to less competition.

Also, for anyone flying to FL this coming week, I would buy insurance in case flights get cancelled.
Cool thanks man. I was worried they might wait and see if they get anyone "better" since there is no one to compare to the few first interviewees.

II = Interview Invite. Don't worry it took me awhile to figure that one out too! :)
I got interview invite from temple even though they haven't gotten my official mcat score release and LoR, do they just send out "II" to anyone?

For everyone who has already submitted applications and chose to apply to Scholl and write a diversity statement, would you mind sharing how long you made it? I am working on it now and am not sure how long it needs to be. Thanks!

For everyone who has already submitted applications and chose to apply to Scholl and write a diversity statement, would you mind sharing how long you made it? I am working on it now and am not sure how long it needs to be. Thanks!
I just tried to use all 9999 characters

Ok, so similar to the personal statement. Thanks!

I just interviewed at DMU. Message me if you have questions!

Mine used about 3000 I think. I would only do it though if you think you have/do something worth while that you could put forward as a contribution to the school or your incoming class if you were to attend. Something that makes you stand out, or if you have the ability to add a different dynamic to what the school does now. My occupation made me feel like I could do that so I wrote a quick one to them, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey so I know Western and AZPOD don't require LOR from professors. Are there any other schools that don't as well? I graduated 2 years ago and dont know if its worth the hassle of tracking down old professors and asking for letters if its not even going to help. I live far from the university I attended so I'm trying to avoid having to visit and ask old professors lol.

When I attended Western's preview day, the lady that answers all of the students questions and emails said it's not a big deal, but obviously that's just Western so I want to be sure.
My understanding is that AZPOD is the only school that doesn't ever require LORs. The other schools (except Scholl) will interview you without LOR's but will eventually need them before you start school.

I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

Going back to last cycle's thread and accounting for selection bias, CSPM sent out IIs on 8/26. Has anyone heard from them yet? I know that class just started, but I would like to get some idea so I can coordinate my interview with Western if I'm going to be in California.

Going back to last cycle's thread and accounting for selection bias, CSPM sent out IIs on 8/26. Has anyone heard from them yet? I know that class just started, but I would like to get some idea so I can coordinate my interview with Western if I'm going to be in California.
I've actually heard back from all other schools except CSPM lol..

Has anyone heard from admissions if applications are upped this year? I would imagine that after the DO repealed grade replacement, pod applications would increase a bit

Has anyone heard from admissions if applications are upped this year? I would imagine that after the DO repealed grade replacement, pod applications would increase a bit
I am wondering if that'll really drive a lot more to apply to podiatry or if it'll just make the GPA and MCAT numbers for the average accepted DO student lower.

Tough. I study like 8 hours/day and 10 on weekends. Sometimes I wish I was in pod school, but then again, I doubt it would be much different, just less stress as a C isn't the end of the world.

How's pod school? Glad u made the choice vs the post bacc at VCOM?

How is your program going at lecom? :)

Tough. I study like 8 hours/day and 10 on weekends. Sometimes I wish I was in pod school, but then again, I doubt it would be much different, just less stress as a C isn't the end of the world.

How's pod school? Glad u made the choice vs the post bacc at VCOM?

Yeah, I study about the same hours but do not attend lectures, unless it's mandatory. We are taking the same classes as the students are in Chicago Medical School (except for embryo), so it's pretty tough. I mean the material is not hard, it's just that it's a lot of material presented at one time. And we have exams every week, so you need to keep up.

I'm very glad I made this choice, as opposed to doing a postbacc because no matter how good that program is, there is always that "IF" and 50/50 factor, which I did not want to be a part of.

You got this. GL!

How are the people in your class? Any gunners or is everyone chill?

One thing I noticed on DPM vs DO/MD is that everyone at pod school were a bit more chill.

Yeah, I study about the same hours but do not attend lectures, unless it's mandatory. We are taking the same classes as the students are in Chicago Medical School (except for embryo), so it's pretty tough. I mean the material is not hard, it's just that it's a lot of material presented at one time. And we have exams every week, so you need to keep up.

I'm very glad I made this choice, as opposed to doing a postbacc because no matter how good that program is, there is always that "IF" and 50/50 factor, which I did not want to be a part of.

You got this. GL!

How are the people in your class? Any gunners or is everyone chill?

One thing I noticed on DPM vs DO/MD is that everyone at pod school were a bit more chill.

Overall, everyone is pretty chill and friendly. There are a few though who are very immature, lol, probably due to their age and coming straight from undergrad.
Exams are not curved so no point being a gunner.

Currently hanging out at the airport.... one flight down two to go for an interview Monday. Just wanted to wish everyone luck this week!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I flew out here yesterday! See you tomorrow! :)

Are we going to the same place? I will officially have spent more time in the air than I will at my interview location. I still have another almost seven hours in the air to go before I land at the destination

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I will hopefully get my application sent in by the end of the week! I take the MCAT in January (still waiting for official dates to come out) and will send in my scores then. Before I can do that I need to put in my projected classes and I am torn on what to do. I haven't taken anatomy or physiology and currently have listed that I will, but I am concerned that I will do poorly in these classes because I will be taking the MCAT most likely around 2 weeks into the semester and if things go well I would be doing interviews around the middle of the semester. My undergrad counselor suggested I audit the courses, but I'm not sure how pod schools look at that. Is auditing anatomy and physiology better than not taking it, or is it a waste of my time and money? (for background I'm a non-traditional student with 2 kids, so I need to save as much money as possible to supplement our loans through pod school to make ends meet). I have a 3.65 sGPA and a 3.5 overall GPA (since coming back to school I have a 3.87)

I will hopefully get my application sent in by the end of the week! I take the MCAT in January (still waiting for official dates to come out) and will send in my scores then. Before I can do that I need to put in my projected classes and I am torn on what to do. I haven't taken anatomy or physiology and currently have listed that I will, but I am concerned that I will do poorly in these classes because I will be taking the MCAT most likely around 2 weeks into the semester and if things go well I would be doing interviews around the middle of the semester. My undergrad counselor suggested I audit the courses, but I'm not sure how pod schools look at that. Is auditing anatomy and physiology better than not taking it, or is it a waste of my time and money? (for background I'm a non-traditional student with 2 kids, so I need to save as much money as possible to supplement our loans through pod school to make ends meet). I have a 3.65 sGPA and a 3.5 overall GPA (since coming back to school I have a 3.87)
Although I'm not sure how much age plays a role in their decisions, your GPA's are well above average. As for anatomy, I didn't take it in undergrad (or genetics...and a few other classes that some schools "recommend"). With that said, I was a bio major so I did still have about 6 upper division sciences in addition to the pre reqs, a couple of them being biochem and microbio. However, I think that's it in terms of classes I took that relate to the ones in pod school. Nevertheless, your GPA's are great like I said imo, so I don't think you have much to worry about whether you take anatomy or not.

Although I'm not sure how much age plays a role in their decisions, your GPA's are well above average. As for anatomy, I didn't take it in undergrad (or genetics...and a few other classes that some schools "recommend"). With that said, I was a bio major so I did still have about 6 upper division sciences in addition to the pre reqs, a couple of them being biochem and microbio. However, I think that's it in terms of classes I took that relate to the ones in pod school. Nevertheless, your GPA's are great like I said imo, so I don't think you have much to worry about whether you take anatomy or not.

Your GPA is well above POD averages. It is even great for MD and DO schools, depending on your MCAT. If you have all prerequisites ready, I would not worry about anatomy and physiology. If you want to take it anyways for your prep and such, I suggest you either just read textbooks or take an online classes. This will give you great flexibility in terms of prepping for MCAT and following interviews.

Since your GPA is high and these courses are not required, taking them online at any community college will serve many purposes: cheap, flexibility, guaranteed A, less stress.

Thanks for the ideas I might not take it and just try to rake in some cash before school starts. Thanks again for the replies!

Interviewed at AZPOD today. I think it went well. Shout out to be other interviewers today; you guys were awesome. We were told that the admissions committee meets tomorrow and we should hear about decisions by the end of the night. Also just got an II from DMU within the past hour.

Great to hear about the adcom meeting tomorrow. I've been waiting! That'll be nice that you get a decision the day after your interview.

Great to hear about the adcom meeting tomorrow. I've been waiting! That'll be nice that you get a decision the day after your interview.
We were told the same thing last Friday, that they were meeting tomorrow and we should know by tomorrow if we check our portal.

We were told the same thing last Friday, that they were meeting tomorrow and we should know by tomorrow if we check our portal.

So the admissions decision is just posted on our portal? They don't call or send an email?

So the admissions decision is just posted on our portal? They don't call or send an email?
They will, and the Education Director will call tomorrow. However, they said the portal will be the first thing that is changed

Hey guys,
Congrats to everyone who has received interview invites!!!! Looking forward to reading some acceptances in the near future from you guys!!!

Has anyone interview at Kent yet?