AACPMAS 2018- 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my first acceptance yesterday! I was very impressed with Barry and their clinic. It would be hard to turn them down.
Congrats, good job!

If you don't mind me asking, did you end up retaking the MCAT? I remember your post in the "what are my chances" thread. I have similar stats to you and I'm waiting for my MCAT results (early October). I think I might have a similar score to yours and want to go forward with applying if so. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats, good job!

If you don't mind me asking, did you end up retaking the MCAT? I remember your post in the "what are my chances" thread. I have similar stats to you and I'm waiting for my MCAT results (early October). I think I might have a similar score to yours and want to go forward with applying if so. :)

I did not retake my MCAT. I emailed the schools individually and asked them if I would be a competitive applicant, and I only applied to those who said I would be.

I just received my 2nd acceptance today! This one is from Samuel Merritt. Gonna be a tough decision between them and Barry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not retake my MCAT. I emailed the schools individually and asked them if I would be a competitive applicant, and I only applied to those who said I would be.

I just received my 2nd acceptance today! This one is from Samuel Merritt. Gonna be a tough decision between them and Barry.
Come to CSPM.

No I don't go to CSPM.....

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted my application along with 1/3 LOR from my professors (2 will have it done by Beginning of October). School mailed official transcript on Thursday and they haven’t received it yet.

Still need a pod letter and complete Physics II and Organic Chemistry II (taking right now at a CC since I graduated from university May 2018).

Hoping I can get interviews by October or November at the latest...basically before this semester ends since O chem will lower sGPA

Met @Keatbaby at Temple interview today!
@justici It was nice meeting you today!

Also I was very impressed with Temple and all that they offer. They mentioned that the class of 2020 received a 97% pass rate of their boards.. So that's pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hoping I can get interviews by October or November at the latest...basically before this semester ends since O chem will lower sGPA

You will most likely get IIs by the end of the month. A lot of us got IIs after a couple of weeks and I'm guessing responses will be a bit faster now that all schools are looking at apps/sending out IIs. Do not worry about your transcript; it can take a week or even two weeks for it to get to AACPMAS and verified. You seem to be on the right track! Just trust the process and you will do well.

Come to CSPM.

No I don't go to CSPM.....

Why would you recommend CSPM over Barry? I'm curious to know why Barry has gotten such a bad reputation on SDN. I thought it seemed like a great school. But I might not know what to look for in choosing a pod school.

Does anyone know the approximate percentage of interviewees schools accept?

Why would you recommend CSPM over Barry? I'm curious to know why Barry has gotten such a bad reputation on SDN. I thought it seemed like a great school. But I might not know what to look for in choosing a pod school.
I've got nothing against Barry personally.
I actually scheduled their interview right after CSPM but cancelled when I found out I got in.

The best bet is to go and see for yourself. Only you can make that decision. I read plenty of rumors on here about each school, and upon interviewing, realized that they only come from the most extreme views.

Almost all of it was different from what I experienced.

Reactions: 3 users
HI there!
Do pod school let you know if you don't get an interview? I sent in my applications on September 3rd and my transcripts were just recieved by AACPMAS.
My GPA is 3.55 with a 3.29 sGPA ( it was higher but I got in a car accident and got a really bad concussion last semester and my GPA went from 3.7 to 3.5)
MY MCAT was 493
I am a division 1 soccer player
Research Assistant at UCSF for 9 months
current volunteer hours/ all requirements for Application completed
What are my chances and when should I hear from the schools?

HI there!
Do pod school let you know if you don't get an interview? I sent in my applications on September 3rd and my transcripts were just recieved by AACPMAS.
My GPA is 3.55 with a 3.29 sGPA ( it was higher but I got in a car accident and got a really bad concussion last semester and my GPA went from 3.7 to 3.5)
MY MCAT was 493
I am a division 1 soccer player
Research Assistant at UCSF for 9 months
current volunteer hours/ all requirements for Application completed
What are my chances and when should I hear from the schools?

Its only been 11 days.

Slow down.

You are pretty competitive. Should have no problem getting interviews.

The bottleneck is at AACPMAS getting everything verified. Once verified you should be getting interview invites within 24-48 hours.

If you have further issues with waiting for them to get everything verified, call them directly. They are pretty quick about it if there are issues and you call them to get it fixed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone ever gotten an email from a school letting you know that they will not be offering you an interview invite?

It's been a few weeks since I got my app verified and everything confirmed received by the schools- I heard back from some schools for II's but 2 of them have been silent after saying they have all the required material from me 2 weeks ago.

Just curious if this silence is normal and should be interpreted as them choosing not to give me an interview, or if schools send emails saying they are not interested if that is the case.

Has anyone ever gotten an email from a school letting you know that they will not be offering you an interview invite?

It's been a few weeks since I got my app verified and everything confirmed received by the schools- I heard back from some schools for II's but 2 of them have been silent after saying they have all the required material from me 2 weeks ago.

Just curious if this silence is normal and should be interpreted as them choosing not to give me an interview, or if schools send emails saying they are not interested if that is the case.
Which two?

Give it some time.

If they do not want you, they will send you a rejection letter.
If they havn't said anything, then they are still in the process of sorting through applicants.

I am currently looking for podiatry research information at AZPOD. Can someone send me a link? Yes, I have tried on google and could not find anything. Sorry if I happened to overlook something

Hey guys!
I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now but decided to post after I got my interview scheduled with Kent State! For anyone who has already interviewed there, is there any tips and suggestions for prospective candidates like us haha?

Hey guys!
I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now but decided to post after I got my interview scheduled with Kent State! For anyone who has already interviewed there, is there any tips and suggestions for prospective candidates like us haha?
There is an entire page on SDN devoted to actual interview questions that have been asked in the past and the format of the entire day.

Podiatry Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network

Please leave a review after your interview.

I used them 2 years ago and they were still very very accurate.

Last edited:
School of Podiatric Medicine in Glendale, AZ | Midwestern University

AZPOD is called Midwestern University.

If you are looking to do research specifically with faculty within AZPOD, you should be emailing.

School of Podiatric Medicine in Glendale, AZ | Midwestern University

AZPOD is called Midwestern University.

If you are looking to do research specifically with faculty within AZPOD, you should be emailing.

Yes I know lol.

And I’m not, I’m just a pre-pod student curious on what each school is working on. Thanks tho.

New app data for anyone interested.

B83E8DB5-B3BC-48C7-872F-E1230634B2F2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just got my 5th ii today from Kent. Still waiting to hear back from DMU. They sent me an email several weeks ago saying they were going over applications. Does anyone know how far out they are scheduling interviews? They were one of my top choices, but if I get an acceptance somewhere else and its over the 30 days till I interview at DMU I will bag the DMU interview as sad as that makes me. I just can't in good conscience say no to a school when I haven't even interviewed at another.

Basically, I hope DMU gets back to me soon or it may not be logical to go to an interview.

Basically, I hope DMU gets back to me soon or it may not be logical to go to an interview.

The 30 day period is just them guaranteeing you a seat. You can still put down a deposit after that 30 day period as long as there are seats still available. We are still very early in the cycle, so you do not need to feel rushed into making a decision if you still want to entertain other schools.

Just got my 5th ii today from Kent. Still waiting to hear back from DMU. They sent me an email several weeks ago saying they were going over applications. Does anyone know how far out they are scheduling interviews? They were one of my top choices, but if I get an acceptance somewhere else and its over the 30 days till I interview at DMU I will bag the DMU interview as sad as that makes me. I just can't in good conscience say no to a school when I haven't even interviewed at another.

Ask for extension on deposit deadline.

They should have no problem doing that for you.

Accepted to AZpod and DMU! I was offered a $5k renewable scholarship for DMU, but my AZ experience was amazing, they made me feel at home. I'm really impressed by their faculty, dean ( Dr. Jensen ), students, board pass rates, residency placement and curriculum. Although it will be a little more expensive, my choice is AZ because I know I will be happier down there. Good luck to everyone applying and interviewing right now. Ya'll got this! Feel free to message me with any questions about the interviews.
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

Accepted to AZpod and DMU! I was offered a $5k renewable scholarship for DMU, but my AZ experience was amazing, they made me feel at home. I'm really impressed by their faculty, dean ( Dr. Jensen ), students, board pass rates, residency placement and curriculum. Although it will be a little more expensive, my choice is AZ because I know I will be happier down there. Good luck to everyone applying and interviewing right now. Ya'll got this! Feel free to message me with any questions about the interviews.
Congrats!

Hello everybody! This is my first time posting on sdn. I interviewed at DMU on September 6 and I interviewed at AZpod on September 13. Both schools were extremely impressive. I have been accepted at both schools and have decided to attend AZpod for the class of 2023. The dean is such a great and personable guy. I really enjoyed how he called my phone to offer the acceptance. He has a great vision for the school and really wants the students to succeed and match into the top residency programs. AZpod is building a new podiatric medicine lab that is about 3 or 4 times larger than their current lab. We were able to see the new pod lab that is in the works. It was an awesome part of the tour. I felt very comfortable in Glendale and I look forward to starting classes next year!
Stats: 3.4cgpa, 3.0sgpa, 495 mcat, double major, over 100 hours shadowing pods

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! Question about sending LORs - I am just about ready to send my application in but I won't have my DPM letter for another week or two and only then can I send all of my letters because they are held by my undergrad health professions office. So I can just mail all of my LORs later to the schools I'm applying to right? And if so, do I just say on my AACPMAS that I'm not sending any evaluations? (since I'll be sending them via mail)

Also - would 15 hours be sufficient in shadowing a DPM or should I aim for 20?

Hey all! Question about sending LORs - I am just about ready to send my application in but I won't have my DPM letter for another week or two and only then can I send all of my letters because they are held by my undergrad health professions office. So I can just mail all of my LORs later to the schools I'm applying to right? And if so, do I just say on my AACPMAS that I'm not sending any evaluations? (since I'll be sending them via mail)
If I would be you, I would wait for the LORs. It is still early in the cycle. Week or two won't hold you back at all.

Verification takes 1-2 days.

Some schools might not even look at your app without LORs.

If I would be you, I would wait for the LORs. It is still early in the cycle. Week or two won't hold you back at all.

Verification takes 1-2 days.

Some schools might not even look at your app without LORs.

Unless you are dead set on Scholl, which will not look at your file until you have LORs turned in, you can choose to apply without sending them upfront.

I could use some advice.

I am debating on if I should interview at any more schools. I was accepted to Temple which has been my number 1 school for a while now, plus today I found out that I received a pretty nice scholarship there.

I have interview invites to Scholls, DMU, and AZpod scheduled over the next couple weeks. Should I still attend those interviews just to make sure that I would still rather attend Temple, or save some money by canceling the interviews and just put down my deposit for Temple? Would I be crazy to only visit one school before making my decision?

Would I be crazy to only visit one school before making my decision?

Many people visit only one school before making their decision; you are not crazy. If you have strong conviction that Temple is the right fit for you and have talked it through with significant people in your life, then go for it! In terms of the other IIs, those are great schools and in my opinion, that money is a small investment in deciding on what will be the first step in your future career. I told you at our interview that I was pretty much leaning towards Barry, but after visiting and being accepted to Temple, I am having a change of heart. The same may, or may not happen for you. My advice, attend one more II, treat it as a vacation, and see what happens. Good luck!

I could use some advice.

I am debating on if I should interview at any more schools. I was accepted to Temple which has been my number 1 school for a while now, plus today I found out that I received a pretty nice scholarship there.

I have interview invites to Scholls, DMU, and AZpod scheduled over the next couple weeks. Should I still attend those interviews just to make sure that I would still rather attend Temple, or save some money by canceling the interviews and just put down my deposit for Temple? Would I be crazy to only visit one school before making my decision?

@justici Has the right idea.

I had a program pegged in my mind as a top pic.
Ended up going on 4 interviews simply for safety and get out and see what the other programs are like.

You won't have another chance to see what other programs are like after you start.
Also my "rank list" in terms of what I thought I'd like based on what I read was completely changed after visiting in person.

If it is within budget, go to those interviews and treat it as a mini-vacay. Take the SO with you if you can as well.

I know my wife (then gf) enjoyed tagging along for the California trips.

I could use some advice.

It depends a lot on your circumstances, preferences and finances.

If you have money and dont care spending couple hundreds or thousands more and really want to see what other school have to offer then definitely go check them out.

Some people have a high preference for location.there has to be huge incentive for some to go to a school that is farther. Most schools are actually very much the same.

For me location was very important and it happened that one of the best schools (in my opinion), was the closest. I knew that I wont go to any other school no matter what.

So, you have to ask yourself what is more important for you. Location, cost, quality, size, and so on.

You can get a lot if information about the schools even without visiting them. First get that information and see if you still would like to go and interview there. I researched schools before I even applied. I decided that there were several schools that I would not attend for any reason.

If you like temple and it offers whT you need, why waste time and money to visit other schools.

@justici @Weirdy @de_Ribas Thanks for all of your advice and opinions! After reading all of your thoughts, I think I will try to visit one or two more schools for fun and see what each of their programs have to offer.

What’s a typical response time on DMU after your application goes under review??

I’ve heard from others, but DMU trying to hurt my feelings...