AACPMAS 2018- 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone experience a school not extending an interview invite? It really messes with you and makes me anxious about acceptances at other schools with interview invites...how soon after an interview will you hear about a decision?

For DMU, I heard back within 7 business days. For Kent, I heard back in 2 business days (Interverview was Friday, I think I heard back Monday or Tues.)

Edit: just heard back from Western, it took exactly a month to hear back for me. I know the girl that interviewed same day as me got hers before me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
submitted my app Thursday night, got verified Friday morning and was offered my first interview a few hours after verification from Barry! Temple denied me Friday night but still waiting on New York and Kent!

Reactions: 1 users
I know each podiatry school will have its pros and cons. At the end of the day, any school will allow you to be a podiatrist, but having a hard decision between CSPM(SMU) and KENT. Any current students, or anyone who knows these schools well, have any input between the two?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know each podiatry school will have its pros and cons. At the end of the day, any school will allow you to be a podiatrist, but having a hard decision between CSPM(SMU) and KENT. Any current students, or anyone who knows these schools well, have any input between the two?
Chose CSPM over Kent.

Would have been happy at either, just happier in Cali weather.

If cost of living is a priority for you- Kent wins. Not even debatable.

does an interview invite from a school mean that your chances of getting accepted are high or is it more of a relaxed thing where things could go either way for you

If they interview you, they like u, but waitlisted and rejection are always a possibility

does an interview invite from a school mean that your chances of getting accepted are high or is it more of a relaxed thing where things could go either way for you

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed and got accepted to Barry, I really like the school and faculty there. It seems like everyone is nice. But I also have an interview at temple soon and my family wants me to go there because it closer. About how long does it take to hear back from temple post interview?

I interviewed and got accepted to Barry, I really like the school and faculty there. It seems like everyone is nice. But I also have an interview at temple soon and my family wants me to go there because it closer. About how long does it take to hear back from temple post interview?

Don't know how long, but if you are worried about your deposit deadline cutting too close before you hear back from Temple, simply ask Barry for a deadline extension.

Regarding your family: They are not you. They will not be waking up and doing your job or studying for your exams.

Pick the program you like better. Chances are you will succeed where you are happier. They will not understand what you are going through and the amount of work you have to put in. Their opinions and desires do not matter.

Reactions: 2 users
Don't know how long, but if you are worried about your deposit deadline cutting too close before you hear back from Temple, simply ask Barry for a deadline extension.

Regarding your family: They are not you. They will not be waking up and doing your job or studying for your exams.

Pick the program you like better. Chances are you will succeed where you are happier. They will not understand what you are going through and the amount of work you have to put in. Their opinions and desires do not matter.
Go where you like the most. Having positive emotions helps in education as well. You dont want to be in school where you wont feel like in your nest. Being closer to the family is not always better in terms of being successful at school. Some people reported on SDN that they prefer to go to a more distant college so they dont have to go home often for some family events and such.

If family is too close, one might be tempted to visit more often thus being more distracted.

Reactions: 4 users
Some people reported on SDN that they prefer to go to a more distant college so they dont have to go home often for some family events and such.

Can confirm, my parents wanted me to go to Barry. I was like “no thanks fam, going to Temple, bye”, or something along the same lines.

Do you mind sharing why you choose Kent over Barry?
One of the main reasons was due to the cost of living. Also, I liked the structure of the school and all the resources that the offer to the students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, so I’ve heard back from all schools except WesternU. Last time I heard anything from them was last Wednesday stating that my application was ready for committee review. Should I email them tomorrow about the status? I don’t wanna harass them if it’s too soon.

Should I email them tomorrow about the status? I don’t wanna harass them if it’s too soon.

Give them another week or two. They might be interviewing students for other professional programs at the same time as podiatry.

Are schools willing to extend the decision deadline? I have an interview next week (Tuesday) and the rest of them are in January following the break.

Are schools willing to extend the decision deadline? I have an interview next week (Tuesday) and the rest of them are in January following the break.

Yup, just call them! They can extend it to another month.

anyone know of any resources that can help me prepare on how to answer interview questions? I really want to impress barry because my science gpa is Iow because of some bad grades and my MCAT is average at the school so if anyone can give me advice on how to answer questions about that stuff let me know!

anyone know of any resources that can help me prepare on how to answer interview questions?

You can Google “sdn podiatry interview feedback” and use the first link to look up Barry and possible interview questions. The responses were supplied by prior interviewees and some were even repeated in my interview. Hope this helps!

anyone know of any resources that can help me prepare on how to answer interview questions? I really want to impress barry because my science gpa is Iow because of some bad grades and my MCAT is average at the school so if anyone can give me advice on how to answer questions about that stuff let me know!
Go to SDN resources and then Inerview feedback

did any of you ever do Research (Independent study) for credit in undergrad? My research is on my transcript as Medicine 699, and I was just wondering if it was factored into your official Science GPA calculation. It says on the site that "Medicine" is listed under "other science," but I just wanted to know for sure :) Thanks!

did any of you ever do Research (Independent study) for credit in undergrad? My research is on my transcript as Medicine 699, and I was just wondering if it was factored into your official Science GPA calculation. It says on the site that "Medicine" is listed under "other science," but I just wanted to know for sure :) Thanks!

I did independent research but it was just a pass credit no grade. But it was a nice conversation topic during interviews.

I also did it in chem for 3 terms and it was called honors studies. I am sure it was calculated in the sci GPA; you can always email aacpmas just to be sure!

I'm interviewing at Samuel Merritt and Barry soon! Anyone know any nice, affordable, but most importantly, safe places to stay in Oakland and Miami?

I'm interviewing at Samuel Merritt and Barry soon! Anyone know any nice, affordable, but most importantly, safe places to stay in Oakland and Miami?

For Barry, I flew to Ft Lauderdale airports and stayed at a Best Western close by. I took an Uber down to Barry the next day. Ft Lauderdale pretty much borders Miami, so the ride itself was not that long and the hotel was in a safe area.

I’m interviewing at Samuel Merritt too! What day is your interview if you don’t mind me asking?

So when the status of your application says "complete" does that mean they sent it to the school? Or do you have to wait for it to get verified?

AACPMAS recieved and uploaded my official mcat onto my application, but des moine's portal says my mcat hasn't been received yet. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

I did. I called the schools and they were then able to 'pull' the official scores, took no more than 5 minutes on the phone (seems this is a recurring problem, so they know how to quickly resolve it)

Before I graduated, I asked for recommendation letters from my professors for medical school via Interfolio. I did not end up applying MD or DO. Is it recommended that I use these same letters since technically podiatry school is still medical school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Yes

I would think so. Podiatric Medicine is a branch of medicine, so as long as they mentioned you with medicine in general, it should be good.

Before I graduated, I asked for recommendation letters from my professors for medical school via Interfolio. I did not end up applying MD or DO. Is it recommended that I use these same letters since technically podiatry school is still medical school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

For those who got into Samuel Merritt: was the scholarship info included in the acceptance email or did you find out about the scholarship from the acceptance letter?

For those who got into Samuel Merritt: was the scholarship info included in the acceptance email or did you find out about the scholarship from the acceptance letter?
It was on my interview invite email

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using SDN mobile

First time posting. Do you think it is still early enough to get a couple of interviews? I don’t want to apply if most of the schools are nearly full. I was planning on applying to Kent, DMU, AZPOD, and temple. My stats are 496 MCAT 3.6 gpa, 3.5 sgpa.

First time posting. Do you think it is still early enough to get a couple of interviews? I don’t want to apply if most of the schools are nearly full. I was planning on applying to Kent, DMU, AZPOD, and temple. My stats are 496 MCAT 3.6 gpa, 3.5 sgpa.
Go ahead and apply. Last year they were still interviewing till June

It was on my interview invite email

This was said in my interview invite email:
CSPM offers institutional scholarships to eligible candidates ranging from $5,000.00 to $15,000.00 based on availability. To be eligible for consideration, candidates must complete their application, interview and submit their seat deposit by their offer deadline.

You're fine. Just make sure your heart is in it.

I interviewed in May during my application cycle and had no problems.

Go ahead

He is probably asking about the actual amount that accepted students get.
This is what they sent me on my interview invite:

I am also pleased to inform you that on a preliminary review of your application, you would be eligible for consideration for the Dean's Scholarship in the amount of $5,000.00

This is what they sent me on my interview invite:

I am also pleased to inform you that on a preliminary review of your application, you would be eligible for consideration for the Dean's Scholarship in the amount of $5,000.00

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your stats?

491 Mcat, 3.67 CGPA and 3.63 SGPA. I also have personal connections with David Tran, the admission director.

Your GPA would have gotten you through regardless.

Dr. Tran can vouch for your character, but he will not let personal connections get in the way of an objective interview process.

Just trying to make sure students reading this do not get the wrong impression. Keep it to yourself next time.

I know Temple gives out iPads; does anyone know what type. I already own the 12.9 iPad Pro and I use it as my laptop.

I name drop Weirdy every chance I get and it helps me pick up the ladies.

Your GPA would have gotten you through regardless.

Dr. Tran can vouch for your character, but he will not let personal connections get in the way of an objective interview process.

Just trying to make sure students reading this do not get the wrong impression. Keep it to yourself next time.

I know Temple gives out iPads; does anyone know what type. I already own the 12.9 iPad Pro and I use it as my laptop.

Ipad4 32 gigs I think. Apple pen compatible. Some people just sell or give away the ipad temple gives. Long as you have one to take test on you're golden.