AACPMAS 2018- 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted without a podiatrist letter of recommendation? I have multiple letters from professors, and other healthcare fields, but I do not have a podiatry letter of recommendation. I interview at MWU, DMU, Kent, and Temple over the next two weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I have so far applied to 5 schools, have had one interview (Barry, rejected, but I picked up some tips for upcoming interviews), 2 upcoming interviews (DMU, NYCPM) and am waiting on 2 (Kent, Scholl). I received word back on interviews very close to when I applied to Barry, DMU, and New York. Scholl is going on 2 weeks, but I'm not concerned. But Kent still has not updated me, and I applied back in December (I applied alongside Barry and New York, where again, I received word the day after). As I understand, the school has had vacations and closing and such. But when I call, they keep saying I should receive word back "within a week or so" (I have called 3 separate weeks to see if there's any updates). Should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad :)
3.4 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 499 MCAT

I meant I haven't gotten a status update from Kent and Scholl after I applied. I'm still waiting on an interview

Your stats are fine and you should get more II.

Read up all you can regarding the interview questions here on SDN, watch youtube videos on doing well that day. Otherwise, you should get an acceptance.

have had one interview (Barry, rejected, but I picked up some tips for upcoming interviews)
Do you know why Barry rejected you? They didn't really ask me a lot of questions and I had wayyy lower MCAT score than yours.

Do you know why Barry rejected you? They didn't really ask me a lot of questions and I had wayyy lower MCAT score than yours.
I was having an off interview day, and they noticed. A lot on my mind, I understand. Thankfully when i followed up for tips on future they were quite nice with constructive criticism

Hi, I have so far applied to 5 schools, have had one interview (Barry, rejected, but I picked up some tips for upcoming interviews), 2 upcoming interviews (DMU, NYCPM) and am waiting on 2 (Kent, Scholl). I received word back on interviews very close to when I applied to Barry, DMU, and New York. Scholl is going on 2 weeks, but I'm not concerned. But Kent still has not updated me, and I applied back in December (I applied alongside Barry and New York, where again, I received word the day after). As I understand, the school has had vacations and closing and such. But when I call, they keep saying I should receive word back "within a week or so" (I have called 3 separate weeks to see if there's any updates). Should I be concerned?

hey, mind me asking when you interviewed at Barry?

How long did people wait to hear about a rejection or acceptance from Barry? I interviewed Tuesday and haven’t heard back yet

How long did people wait to hear about a rejection or acceptance from Barry? I interviewed Tuesday and haven’t heard back yet

I interviewed on a Tuesday, was told I would hear by the end of the week. Got a text from Dave on Friday saying there was an illness within the Adcom so they hadn’t met yet, but I should hear soon. He called me on Sunday to say I was accepted and I got the official email Wednesday.

I interviewed on a Tuesday, was told I would hear by the end of the week. Got a text from Dave on Friday saying there was an illness within the Adcom so they hadn’t met yet, but I should hear soon. He called me on Sunday to say I was accepted and I got the official email Wednesday.
do you remember what time of the day he called you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! Same boat interviewed this past tuesday as well and haven’t heard anything! Kind of worried but he did say latest Monday so there is still plenty of time left in the day seeing as he possibly calls/text at later hours!!

Goodluck!

Yes! Same boat interviewed this past tuesday as well and haven’t heard anything! Kind of worried but he did say latest Monday so there is still plenty of time left in the day seeing as he possibly calls/text at later hours!!

Goodluck!
just got my acceptance!! got a call around 3

Hey, congrats on ur acceptance :) We have similar GPA stats, I was wondering which schools did you interview at and were accepted?
Thank you!! And so far just barry and I got accepted. I still have interviews for Kent and New York coming up!

Reactions: 2 users
I finally submitted my application. Hoping it's not too late.
3.2 sGPA/3.3 cGPA, 508 MCAT. Shadowed a podiatrist and I have an MD and DPM LoR as well as temporary employment(subbing in while someone else is on maternity leave) at a podiatrist's office.
I could not submit my letters from interfolio to AACPMAS and the first page responses didn't work for me. So I'm hoping things turn out alright.

Edit: A word

Last edited:
I finally submitted my application. Hoping it's not too late.
3.2 sGPA/3.3 cGPA, 508 MCAT. Shadowed a podiatrist and I have an MD and DPM LoR as well as temporary (subbing in while someone else is on maternity leave) at a podiatrist's office.
I could not submit my letters from interfolio to AACPMAS and the first page responses didn't work for me. So I'm hoping things turn out alright.
So, did you send LORs directly to schools?

Not yet. Should I be going to every school's site and sending my LoRs to each admissions email?
I think you were supposed to attach them to your AACPMAS application. Now you should contact each school and ask them directly what they want you to do. I heard that schools were getting more strict about LORs and requiring them to be within AACPMAS.

I think you were supposed to attach them to your AACPMAS application. Now you should contact each school and ask them directly what they want you to do. I heard that schools were getting more strict about LORs and requiring them to be within AACPMAS.
So in AACPMAS, none of my letters from Interfolio went though. Interfolio gave me "Unfortunately, we cannot proceed with this request because the web site requires supplemental information from your letter writer in order to complete the upload. We have restored the credit for this delivery back to your Interfolio account, so you can use it for a future delivery." messages.

I tried the method you posted on the first page but it's been at least 48+ hours and no new deliveries have shown up in my deliveries section on Interfolio, so I have no idea if they're even sending the letters. I am not sure that they'll go through so I was thinking of just trying to send them to each school manually through interfolio.

Not yet. Should I be going to every school's site and sending my LoRs to each admissions email?
I sent 3 of my 6 letters to each admissions email and they took them. However it has to be directly from the writer through their business email. Schools won't take letters from your email.

So in AACPMAS, none of my letters from Interfolio went though. Interfolio gave me "Unfortunately, we cannot proceed with this request because the web site requires supplemental information from your letter writer in order to complete the upload. We have restored the credit for this delivery back to your Interfolio account, so you can use it for a future delivery." messages.

I tried the method you posted on the first page but it's been at least 48+ hours and no new deliveries have shown up in my deliveries section on Interfolio, so I have no idea if they're even sending the letters. I am not sure that they'll go through so I was thinking of just trying to send them to each school manually through interfolio.

I had the same issue when I was applying. Turns out that the letter writers had to upload the letters themselves on on your accpmas. You’re supposed to request it from your accpmas, they’ll get an email with a link to upload & then they can go from there.

I had the same issue when I was applying. Turns out that the letter writers had to upload the letters themselves on on your accpmas. You’re supposed to request it from your accpmas, they’ll get an email with a link to upload & then they can go from there.
I uploaded from interfolio directly to AACPMAS. Directions are on the first page of this thread.

What kind of supplemental information are they looking for? I've seen this problem encountered a few times with interfolio and AACPMAS and was wondering how to proceed for future reference when I apply.

I uploaded from interfolio directly to AACPMAS. Directions are on the first page of this thread.

I wasn’t able to when I applied few months ago. Interfolio cant upload the letters on the app because the app asks specific questions about the candidate like how long have you known the candidate, how do you know the candidate, etc. Sounds like more & more are having the same issue as I did.

I wasn’t able to when I applied few months ago. Interfolio cant upload the letters on the app because the app asks specific questions about the candidate like how long have you known the candidate, how do you know the candidate, etc. Sounds like more & more are having the same issue as I did.
What is the problem about answering the questions about how long you have known the candidate?

See the attachment. Where does it ask anything about the time you have known the letter writer or candidate?

All you have to do is First and Last Name. Email address, date, message, waiver, and two boxes checked. Done

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190215-141537_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190215-141537_Chrome.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 67
See the attachment. Where does it ask anything about the time you have known the letter writer or candidate?

All you have to do is First and Last Name. Email address, date, message, waiver, and two boxes checked. Done

Yes I’m aware of that page & that is it where I put the interfolio generated email & I got the same email back as the other person did.

Have you tried to send it via AACPMAS?
It is via AACPMAS but if you are using interfolio, interfolio is supposed to send those stored letters to AACPMAS.

Otherwise, you could use AACPMAS to request letters directly from writers.

If you got them already stored in your interfolio, better send directly to schools if it doesnt work through AACPMAS

Followed exactly what was on the first page and I got an email similar to girlwithameddream.

So I'll just message every admission email asking if I can just send it to them via interfolio. So far, everyone I contacted has been okay with it.
I can't just have my letter writers submit directly to AACPMAS because some are not contactable anymore.

Followed exactly what was on the first page and I got an email similar to girlwithameddream.

So I'll just message every admission email asking if I can just send it to them via interfolio. So far, everyone I contacted has been okay with it.
I can't just have my letter writers submit directly to AACPMAS because some are not contactable anymore.
I agree. That's why I said if interfolio-to-AACPMAS doesnt work, send letters directly to schools through interfolio.

Hey Everyone!

I’m torn between submitting my application to schools (NYCPM, Temple, Barry, Scholl, Kent) on Wednesday when I get back my January MCAT score or waiting to send the application once my MCAT score is verified in my application (probably another 2 weeks down the road):

In scenario #1 I get my applications in earlier but they would be reviewing my application without an MCAT score initially but in scenario #2 I'm probably waiting 4weeks for both the MCAT and then my application to verify.

I'm mainly concerned because without my MCAT (Practice exams were between 495-499) my application may be a little weak due to my GPA (3.1cGPA & 2.8 sGPA). I have leadership positions/ great LOR’s/ 2 years of research/ licensed EMT/ Volunteering/ 40+ hours of podiatry shadowing.

Basically, I know schools will grant interviews with without an MCAT score. Will they deny someone without it? In that case is it a bigger risk to submit early now with a low GPA and a MCAT on the way or wait 4 more weeks with everything at once?

-- Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, its kind of 2 different topics.

Thanks!
They probably would wait for your score before making a decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Your GPAs make you borderline. That said, I can see a lot of schools forgiving your GPAs with a 498 MCAT score, not all, but most.

If this were me, Id apply. Assuming you dont fail the MCAT (490 or lower), I could see you getting into a school if you are not picky.

Hey Everyone!

I’m torn between submitting my application to schools (NYCPM, Temple, Barry, Scholl, Kent) on Wednesday when I get back my January MCAT score or waiting to send the application once my MCAT score is verified in my application (probably another 2 weeks down the road):

In scenario #1 I get my applications in earlier but they would be reviewing my application without an MCAT score initially but in scenario #2 I'm probably waiting 4weeks for both the MCAT and then my application to verify.

I'm mainly concerned because without my MCAT (Practice exams were between 495-499) my application may be a little weak due to my GPA (3.1cGPA & 2.8 sGPA). I have leadership positions/ great LOR’s/ 2 years of research/ licensed EMT/ Volunteering/ 40+ hours of podiatry shadowing.

Basically, I know schools will grant interviews with without an MCAT score. Will they deny someone without it? In that case is it a bigger risk to submit early now with a low GPA and a MCAT on the way or wait 4 more weeks with everything at once?

Thanks!

Hey Everyone!

Thanks!

Practice exams are pretty good indicators so I think you probably did fine. You will most likely get accepted to Barry at the very least. Might as well submit now. Their going to see your MCAT score eventually and you don't want to be waitlisted.

View attachment 250824View attachment 250826
This is the email I received from interfolio. I ended up sending to the schools instead.

What did you guys end up doing for DMU? I saw they don't accept electronic deliveries by interfolio and only AACPMAS. I'll contact them by email, but was curious. Thanks!

What did you guys end up doing for DMU? I saw they don't accept electronic deliveries by interfolio and only AACPMAS. I'll contact them by email, but was curious. Thanks!
I still sent them through interfolio and got my interview invite from them 3 days later.

I’ve a question: has anyone ever made multiple deposits to schools? If so, did the schools email you at the end to let you know that you need to makeup your mind or do they just rescind your seat without letting you know?

I’ve a question: has anyone ever made multiple deposits to schools? If so, did the schools email you at the end to let you know that you need to makeup your mind or do they just rescind your seat without letting you know?
You can always withdraw your seat from a school if you decide to make a deposit at a different one. However, in most cases the deposit is non-refundable but I think it's worth it if you happen to get an acceptance later at your top choice.

I was allowed to defer my deposit date until I heard back from all of the schools I interviewed with. Just email admissions and request this, it shouldn’t be a problem.

The thing is I made 2 deposits to two different schools as I wanted to be sure about my choice, and it has really helped me realise which school I really wanna go to. My fear, my top choice would tell me that they’ve rescinded my seat, and I don’t want that. Do the schools get to know about multiple deposits? Do they notify you before revoking your seat?

The thing is I made 2 deposits to two different schools as I wanted to be sure about my choice, and it has really helped me realise which school I really wanna go to. My fear, my top choice would tell me that they’ve rescinded my seat, and I don’t want that. Do the schools get to know about multiple deposits? Do they notify you before revoking your seat?
They will not revoke your seat, much less without notifying you before.

Talk to the school.

Email or call them.

They can do more for you.