AACPMAS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A bit early, but the application for the class of 2024 will open in about 10 days (Aug 1st). Use the search function before posting a question about a specific school; chances are someone has already asked it in the past.

All the best to everyone!!

Past App Cycle links:

2018-19: AACPMAS 2018- 2019
2017-18: AACPMAS 2017/2018 cycle

Pod Interview Feedback:

Other links:

AACPMAS log in: Liaison International, Centralized Application Service
AACPM Stats: https://www.aacpm.org/statistics-2/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Doesn’t it open on 8/7? Thought it opens the first Wednesday of the month. I just want to confirm. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For sending in Rec Letters, is Interfolio the best option?

That's what I did. My prof/podiatrist would upload the letter onto the Interfolio portal and I would send them to the admissions email of each school.

For sending in Rec Letters, is Interfolio the best option?
Spoke with DMU recently and they require the letters to be submitted through AACPMAS and NOT Interfolio. Through numerous phone calls with AACPM, there is no way to get Interfolio to link the two successfully. FYI

Spoke with DMU recently and they require the letters to be submitted through AACPMAS and NOT Interfolio. Through numerous phone calls with AACPM, there is no way to get Interfolio to link the two successfully. FYI

Is it possible to upload letters to AACPMAS after application submission?

Hey I just applied 8/1 and got the interview invitation from Barry even though i didnt take the MCAT yet. Should I wait for my mcat score (taking 8/17) or should i go interview before my score release?

I heard that u need to put deposit down in 30 days after acceptance so should I wait till other schools response?
Thank you guyssss

Hey I just applied 8/1 and got the interview invitation from Barry even though i didnt take the MCAT yet. Should I wait for my mcat score (taking 8/17) or should i go interview before my score release?

I heard that u need to put deposit down in 30 days after acceptance so should I wait till other schools response?
Thank you guyssss
You won’t get accepted until the MCAT is validated so don’t worry about the 30 days. Interview and kill it then kill the MCAT and you should have no issues!

Thank you guyssss
As another applicant who applied 8/1, how long after your transcripts were received were you verified and how long after did you receive the interview invite?

As another applicant who applied 8/1, how long after your transcripts were received were you verified and how long after did you receive the interview invite?
Transcript only took like three days
And i got interview invite today!

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you guyssss

Congrats for the II

IMO, you should re-schedule the interview for a date after your exam. The cycle just began so time is not an issue but you want to do the best on the MCAT and for that, you need to concentrate 110%; with an interview before the exam, concentration might be an issue.

I am not saying to wait for the score, but to postpone the II until after the exam. just my two cents! gl

Congrats for the II

IMO, you should re-schedule the interview for a date after your exam. The cycle just began so time is not an issue but you want to do the best on the MCAT and for that, you need to concentrate 110%; with an interview before the exam, concentration might be an issue.

I am not saying to wait for the score, but to postpone the II until after the exam. just my two cents! gl
Yes! I was thinking to do that thank you!!

Just submitted my app. Wishing for the best!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Im taking the mcat 8/17 and im planning to wait until score release 9/17 to submit my application. Should I wait until then? Is September considered late? I have everything else on my application except for my personal statement and one of my transcripts which was sent by snail mail.

Hello! Im taking the mcat 8/17 and im planning to wait until score release 9/17 to submit my application. Should I wait until then? Is September considered late? I have everything else on my application except for my personal statement and one of my transcripts which was sent by snail mail.
In my understanding, I believe September is still considered early. I think you'd be safe to follow your plan you stated! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I have a question
I'm going to take the MCAT on January 14th. Should I submit my podiatry application before my MCAT or should I wait to submit until I get the results for the MCAT? I could submit my application very soon, but i'm not sure if I should wait for the MCAT or not. Thanks

Hey guys, I have a question
I'm going to take the MCAT on January 14th. Should I submit my podiatry application before my MCAT or should I wait to submit until I get the results for the MCAT? I could submit my application very soon, but i'm not sure if I should wait for the MCAT or not. Thanks

If you have a competitive GPA then you can submit now since a few schools will send an II before the application is complete (as in without an MCAT score). The final decision to accept you or not post-interview will still depend on the MCAT score.

Otherwise, you can submit your app after the MCAT in Jan, everything should be verified by the time scores come out (in feb) and since March is still considered "early" for the Pod cycle, it all can work out fine.

If you have a competitive GPA then you can submit now since a few schools will send an II before the application is complete (as in without an MCAT score). The final decision to accept you or not post-interview will still depend on the MCAT score.

Otherwise, you can submit your app after the MCAT in Jan, everything should be verified by the time scores come out (in feb) and since March is still considered "early" for the Pod cycle, it all can work out fine.

I don't have the most competitive GPA in the world. I have a 3.4, but a VERY high upward trend. In that case, what do you think the best course of action is?

Just a quick question, what is the average and ideal breakdown score for each subsection of the MCAT?

Just a quick question, what is the average and ideal breakdown score for each subsection of the MCAT?

For podiatry school admissions?

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.57.55 PM.png

I don't have the most competitive GPA in the world. I have a 3.4, but a VERY high upward trend. In that case, what do you think the best course of action is?

can submit now and search here for schools that give out II without mcat...i'm sure it was posted before

My application just got marked "complete" today. How long do you think it will take to get verified?

The website says 2-3 weeks, however it could be sooner. I applied last year in September, and they verified my application by the next day. It is still very early though in the application/interview process, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

My application just got marked "complete" today. How long do you think it will take to get verified?
My application took one day to be verified. Received II on same day.

Do you guys know what is the average MCAT score for Barry? I've heard they pretty much accept everyone

Hi guys, I am having a lot of trouble with my personal statement, I am a terrible writer. Does anyone have any advice?

Do you guys know what is the average MCAT score for Barry? I've heard they pretty much accept everyone

more or less; their range in 2017 was 480-505.

We have to remember though that while plenty gets in..not many make it out...kind of true for all the other pod programs as well. Once you're in..its kind of up to you to make it or not!

How long does it take for AACPMAS to receive and verify MCAT scores? I sent mine electronically last Friday, but I’ve been told that they haven’t received it yet.

How long does it take for AACPMAS to receive and verify MCAT scores? I sent mine electronically last Friday, but I’ve been told that they haven’t received it yet.

I had that same problem last year, (AACPMAS took a long time to verify my MCAT) however the that didn't affect my ability to receive II or acceptances. I think verification takes a week or two, but it could be faster.

How many characters (roughly) should a PS contain? I have 700 characters but just noticed the applications lets you write up to 4,500 characters lol.

How many characters (roughly) should a PS contain? I have 700 characters but just noticed the applications lets you write up to 4,500 characters lol.
Mine was around 3600, which was 2 pages double spaced. Even 1 page is 1800.
Unless you are an excellent writer, you should write more to convey of why you want to be a podiatrist/work in healthcare. I would say at least 3000 is a good number. If you wind up writing a good one with less, don’t sweat it.

Mine was around 3600, which was 2 pages double spaced. Even 1 page is 1800.
Unless you are an excellent writer, you should write more to convey of why you want to be a podiatrist/work in healthcare. I would say at least 3000 is a good number. If you wind up writing a good one with less, don’t sweat it.
I used 4200 characters, and I agree with Podoosh. Make sure you're careful and thoughtful with what you write. Have a few people (like a premed/prehealth advisor) go over it. A good personal statement can be a huge benefit to you, despite how awful the whole process of writing it is.

just got an interview invite from temple!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey Y'all,

I submitted m transcripts on August 2nd and one of them hasn't been received yet, is it normal to take this long?

So i got another interview invite for Kent!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey Y'all,

I submitted m transcripts on August 2nd and one of them hasn't been received yet, is it normal to take this long?
Same! I sent my transcripts on the 2nd and one of them was processed on the 7th and the other hasn't yet. I've chatted them multiple times and all they tell me is to wait 10 business days. Frustrating because it is all I'm missing for my app to be verified. But then again we are super early :)

Yes I did it after

God, I have so many questions LOL thank god for SDN. How do you submit letters after you submit your app? Interfolio? Or is it possible to add more letters on the AACPMAS application where they ask you to add evaluations?

God, I have so many questions LOL thank god for SDN. How do you submit letters after you submit your app? Interfolio? Or is it possible to add more letters on the AACPMAS application where they ask you to add evaluations?
U can add to aacpmas later!

Hi everyone, I had a question about shadowing in regards to Scholl. I saw somewhere on their website that they prefer 20 hrs of shadowing a dpm and the podiatrist I shadowed for 10hrs just submitted their rec. Has anyone not received an invite because they did not have 20 hrs of shadowing?

Anyone else freaking out about the cost of flying all over the country next month??

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if admissions take into consideration difficulty of undergrad university attended? I went to a top 10 public university and it kinda kicked my butt.