AADSAS and Minimal Space and Living in Different Country and Ripping Hair Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duysal

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you do if AADSAS doesn't leave enough space for your information?

1. My high school's full name doesn't fit--- I cannot write "Secondary School" fully even thought it's part of the formal title. What did you do?

2. My evaluators are in various departments of various universities. Their addresses don't fully fit. Will it be okay to write the full addresses on the paper LOE Matching Form and reasonabley abbreviate the ones I enter online? (I.e. Nix the departments and just put essential mailbox and street/zip code info). They won't match this way, so I don't know if this will delay things.

3.a) The Colleges Attended Section is ridiculous. They say to write your degree, but mine's not exactly listed. It's neurobiology. The closest is biology, which is obviously not exactly the same. Is there any point where I can clarify what my major REALLY is?

b) More Colleges Attended stuff. I attend two schools as a post-bac. The concentration of my courses (that I choose myself) is pre-dent, which is an option in the list, but of course that isn't my official major. I don't have one, because I'm seekinga degree. I'm just trying to take a couple of classes to suppplement my pre dental education. Are they using "major" interchangeably with "concentration of coursework" or is it used in the strict major---> degree sense? I have pored over the instructions for this section and I still don't get it. Because I have no intention of getting a degree at either school that I attend post-bac, does that automatically mean I also don't have a major at those schools? meaning my answers are "No Degree, No major"?

I am tempted to choose pre-dent because it is my area of study, even though it's not formal and "pre-dent" is not found anywhere on my transcript of course. Why do they give it as an option anyway? No one majors in predent.

4. I was born in the US, lived here till age 2, left till 18, then lived here for past 6 years. So, have I lived here for 6 years or 8 years??

Thanks for any help you can provide. Sorry for the laundry list. Better to ask now than to torture everyone with a million small posts.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel your pain, now i understand why people were welcoming us to hell when AADSAS first opened yesterday...i have similar issues with the academic section, i posted in another thread but i thought i'd share it here as well...my MSc is in Experimental Medicine, but i put a major as biology because that seemed the closest, but maybe i should leave it blank? To me it doesnt make sense why we couldn't just type in neurobiology or experimental medicine, both of these technically shouldn't just be lumped under biology and plus wouldn't that confuse them when they are processing it and it says MSc Experimental Medicine on my transcripts but i put Biology as a major on AADSAS.........sigh this is awful i'm just going to have to phone them in the morning aren't i?????