AADSAS Essay Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDentist

G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
Moderator Emeritus
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone know the exact word limit for the AADSAS personal essay? I heard rumors that the online application will let you fit more words in...can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad.

last year it was 1000... i had like 998 so I am not sure if they let u have more :)
but i wouldn't try to sneak in anymore...keep it short and simple and say the most you can :)

I believe the online app offers a lot more room than paper. Don't let this be your guide however, because adcoms will get bored with an essay that's too long. Stick with the quality, not the quality.

Members don't see this ad :)
DesiDentist,

I posted this reply previously to a similar question. Hope it helps:

I don't think they necessarily care about word number. Are there still copies of the paper form of the application available? I had the advantage of typing mine out on that to get an idea for how much they wanted. It's basically about 4/5 the size of a regular sheet of paper, and I did mine single-space (spacing only between paragraphs) and 10-pt font, and I filled the alotted space. What is good about doing it on the comp, is that there is no space limit, so you don't have to cut out things you like if you can't fit them. My advice is to see how much space your statement would take up on regualtr paper. If it is too long, they will get bored reading it! It is better to have a shorter one with stronger content!

The application is coming out the 15TH!!! AHHHHH!!!! My finals won't be done till the 23rd!!! Although I have some good ideas & such for my essay, I haven't written it yet and don't plan on it yet till my finals are done!!!

SUP Y'all!!!

Hey, if you guys would like, I'd be more than happy to share my AADSAS application Essay wit y'all!! Just PM or email me and I'd be more than happy to email y'all a copy for reference! Later my dudes and dudettes!

:D