AADSAS GPA Calculations "Per Session"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSU SHC 414

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

For those of you who were/are at a college that uses the semester (Fall-Spring) format, are your AADSAS GPA calculations under the "Per Session" area in the correct order?

For my app, the semesters are listed Fall then Spring, by year (i.e. Fall 2003, Spring 2003, Fall 2004, Spring 2004, etc.) but this is not the correct order on my transcript. Those of you who are familiar with the Fall/Spring semester format will understand what I'm talking about... the correct order should be Spring 2003 (Jan-May 2003), Fall 2003 (Aug 2003-Dec 3003), Spring 2004, Fall 2004, etc.

If my semesters are not listed in CORRECT chronological order, will schools still be able to notice upward (or downward trends) from year to year? Adcoms would have to either a) be able to decipher AADSAS's format for reporting semesters, or b) be familiar with Fall/Spring semesters.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I noticed that too on mine. I don't think it will be that big of a deal though. If everyone's AADSAS grades are in that order, they'll probably look at the actual transcript for trends. But then I really don't know.

Yeah, I noticed that too on mine. I don't think it will be that big of a deal though. If everyone's AADSAS grades are in that order, they'll probably look at the actual transcript for trends. But then I really don't know.

Does AADSAS forward copies of your actual transcript with the rest of your app to schools?

I am really nervous about this too, especially because I have a very strong upward grade trend. I called AADSAS about this after I noticed that when I printed my coursework they were arranged in the wrong order (this was before e-submission). The rep said that AADSAS verifies your transcript and ensures that sessions are presented in the correct order though so I would think they would be correct? I will call AADSAS tomorrow to verify...