AADSAS just finished my GPAs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

georgiadat

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think my chances are of BU, NYU, Case, Tufts, Louisville, and Nova? I have a 3.09 overall and 3.20 BCP. DAT scores are 19AA, 19TS, and 20PAT. I know this is pretty late, but what would you say my chances are? It's hard to gauge against the message board bc everyone has 23's across and 3.8 GPA's. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Chances are decent if you have good extracurriculars. Once you get an interview you are on a level playing field with the 3.8 GPA's.

I doubt they throw out all GPA's and DAT scores once you get an interview. That sure would be nice though. Can anyone confirm that someone with a 3.8 and someone with a 3.1 are on an even "playing field" once they get an interview?

RaiderNation said:
Chances are decent if you have good extracurriculars. Once you get an interview you are on a level playing field with the 3.8 GPA's.

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt it. A person with better "stats" will still hold this advantage. Most schools have a formula, that rank you. This includes, GPA, DAT's, interviews, Letter of Rec's, etc.

georgiadat said:
I doubt they throw out all GPA's and DAT scores once you get an interview. That sure would be nice though. Can anyone confirm that someone with a 3.8 and someone with a 3.1 are on an even "playing field" once they get an interview?
With a 3.1 gpa, you stand a good chance. I have a 3.3 gpa and I was told I had a good chance by current dental students.

Take care,
Rich

RaiderNation said:

hahah, in your dreams :D

Richnator said:
With a 3.1 gpa, you stand a good chance. I have a 3.3 gpa and I was told I had a good chance by current dental students.

Take care,
Rich

RICH,
I have a similar DAT score, how do you think our about average PAT and our exceptional AA will affect our acceptance? My GPA is good.