AADSAS lost my transcript, how screwed am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mardets

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here's the story:

On 8/20 I request a transcript from my school's registrar to be express mail out to AADSAS. According to the tracking code as I later found out, my transcript was delivered on Thursday, 08/21/2014 at 9:11 A.M. and signed by BRI. So I just assumed they got my transcript and was working on it.

Today 9/10 I became concerned since it's been three weeks and I still haven't got any update regarding my GPA from AADSAS, so I decided to give AADSAS a call and ask. Apparently they lost my transcript. According to them, they saw someone signed for it, but they don't know where it goes after that, and they don't have it. They admit it was their fault and told me to ask my school's registrar if my school can fax my transcript directly to them. Unfortunately for me, my school does not do fax or electronic mail for transcript, so I have to pay to express mail my transcript out again.

It will take roughly 2-3 days for them to get my transcript again, but here's the punchline: since the GPA processing system is a first come first serve basic, it will be another 4 weeks for my application to be sent out to schools. There is no way for them to bump me up on the system. So guys please be honest with me, how screwed am I? My GPA is 3.46 TS: 20 AA: 21.

Another thing, OSU is on my school list, and since it's deadline is 9/15 I asked the lady I talked to if there is any way for me to get a partial refund on my fee since I probably won't make it by the deadline. She told me that the school will look at the submission date on my AADSAS application, which is 8/27 and not when the application will get to the school. Is she right?

TL;DR: AADSAS messed up my application, delaying it for another 4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure AADSAS lost my transcript also. Mine was sent to them 10 days ago and still showing they haven't received it.

Edit: I don't know the answer to your question. Just sharing some of the pain.

10 days is nothing. Mine took a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to the lady I talked to, if they received your transcript, they will update the "Date Received" on your transcript section on AADSAS. I'd give them a call and ask to be sure, because apparently they sort transcripts by last name, and not by our AADSAS ID, so mixup can happen.

ask your school registrar and explain this situation and see if they will make an exception. Maybe talk to the supervisor, or an adviser, dean, or somebody who might be able to make it happen.
You are not totally screwed because if you express mail it, it might get there some time next week and grade processing doesn't always take 4 weeks. It could take less.

I am sure if you submit before 9/15, you will be okay for your state school, only that your school will wait for the gpa to be verified.

I feel you OP as this happened to me back in June. I sent it on the 2nd of June but it didn't get updated or anything for a month and I finally decided that it was either lost, or my school didn't send it. So I wasted a month there and then.

Things happen man, just keep your chin up.