AADSAS mailed out my app. today !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that AADSAS mailed out my application today with only 2 of the 5 recommendation letters. Does anybody know why this happened? All 5 of my recommendation letters show up online now. However, only the ones recieved in July were mailed out and not the ones that they received within the last couple weeks.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, you have to sit tight. My application was sent out to all schools on July 10, and my last rec wasn't sent by AADSAS until July 27. Schools probably got them at least 2 weeks after if not more. The point is that AADSAS doesn't want to delay your application over letters you potentially have no control over timing. You only need 3 for most schools anyway, but I know where you are coming from. I had 6. ;)

I noticed that AADSAS mailed out my application today with only 2 of the 5 recommendation letters. Does anybody know why this happened? All 5 of my recommendation letters show up online now. However, only the ones recieved in July were mailed out and not the ones that they received within the last couple weeks.

Thanks

I had a problem with AADSAS not sending out my letters last year so I just skipped them entirely and made copies to send out to each school. AADSAS sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a problem with AADSAS not sending out my letters last year so I just skipped them entirely and made copies to send out to each school. AADSAS sucks.

did the schools care that you saw the letters? I have heard horror stories about the schools freaking out if you read your LORs or if you sent them yourself.

don't worry.......same thing happened here. it's because it takes a couple of weeks for AADSAS to process the rec letters and then send them out. so "receiving" the letter doesn't mean that it has been processed. so hang tight...and good luck...you'll be fine.

did the schools care that you saw the letters? I have heard horror stories about the schools freaking out if you read your LORs or if you sent them yourself.

I havent heard anything back yet because I just finished my DAT. I dont see why they would care since I didnt alter the letters or anything. I had to reapply and I made sure I had copies of them so I didnt have to find these professors again and try to get copies of the letters that Im sure they deleted. I guess we will see but I doubt it would be a problem.