AADSAS - Minimal submission requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBeans

MrBeans
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I submit my AADSAS application without/pending transcript requests or LOEs?

Is this recommended?

Members don't see this ad.

Can I submit my AADSAS application without/pending transcript requests or LOEs?

Is this recommended?

I know that you can submit your application without the transcripts, but all it does it make it so you can't change any of the info. They won't send it out to schools until after they receive the transcripts and verify every grade that you reported against the grades on your transcripts. It takes somewhere around SIX weeks to verify your grades. Getting your transcripts to AADSAS should be top priority, as this will determine when schools will receive your application.

I am not sure about the LOEs, but I think that it will be mailed even if they are missing. But then you have to go through the hassle of sending each letter to each school, and then waiting for the school to link that letter up with your file, etc. Overall, kind of a waste of time.

Just get it all together now. You've got the time to do it. Go request your letters, and figure out what you have to do to get your transcript mailed off.

That's good to know! Thanks!

So since I have to wait until June 3rd for the transcript request forms on AADSAS, technically the earliest my application can be mailed from AADSAS is 6 weeks after June 3rd?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's good to know! Thanks!

So since I have to wait until June 3rd for the transcript request forms on AADSAS, technically the earliest my application can be mailed from AADSAS is 6 weeks after June 3rd?

They process transcripts in the order that they receive them. If your transcript is among the first that they receive, it will take a lot less time than if you wait until they're backed up. It took them about 6 weeks to verify my transcript, and I had sent it in mid June, so my application wasn't mailed out until late July. Just send it in as soon as possible to avoid delays in schools receiving your application.

Thanks so much!

I appreciate your help!

So is it really advantageous at all to submit your app on June 3rd? Or is it better to send in your transcripts and letters on that day, and then submit in 4-6 weeks when they get and verify everything?

I will have four transcripts (transferring over the course of 4 years):
3 from CA and 1 out of state, do I have to wait until June 3rd to actually request them?

I heard some schools, especially community colleges, take a long time to send the transcripts [assuming it doesn't get lost along the way, which happens a lot]...is there a way to request the transcript earlier?

*I have been suggested by my dental volunteer coordinator to request all official transcripts and have them sent to me in a sealed envelope and then I would mail them to AADSAS [unopened] on June 3rd...is this legit?

I would really appreciate the help, thanks!

Aren't you just supposed to submit your transcripts in like May so by the time it gets there, the application is all due and set

Aren't you just supposed to submit your transcripts in like May so by the time it gets there, the application is all due and set

I don't think this is possible. When you submit your transcripts, you must include the "transcript matching form" which has a barcode that will link the transcript they receive to your AADSAS application. You have to wait until you can access that form to submit your transcripts.

I don't think this is possible. When you submit your transcripts, you must include the "transcript matching form" which has a barcode that will link the transcript they receive to your AADSAS application. You have to wait until you can access that form to submit your transcripts.

Thanks for the info...
Do you know if I can go ahead and request/obtain the transcripts in a sealed envelope, hold on to them unopened, then send them to AADSAS address on June 3rd?

Thanks for the info...
Do you know if I can go ahead and request/obtain the transcripts in a sealed envelope, hold on to them unopened, then send them to AADSAS address on June 3rd?

This is off the AADSAS website:

"Arrange for a sealed official transcript, accompanied by a Transcript Matching Form to be sent directly to the AADSAS Transcript Processing Department from every accredited U.S. and Canadian institution you have attended. AADSAS will not accept student-issued transcripts or transcripts sent by an applicant."

So no, I don't think that you are allowed to do that. Sorry.