AADSAS number

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I filed my app on Aug. 25th and my number is in the 2900s. Also they sent it out in the 17th mailing, Sept. 11th. This doesn't seem consistent with what others have posted and I can't believe how fast they got it out. I still have some schools left to send app money! What's the real deal with these app numbers?

Members don't see this ad.

strange. i turned my app in on august 24th and the application still says order will be processed in the order of received.

how did u find out the app #? did you call or they emailed it to you?

ecdoesit,

Just email them, and ask them what the status of you application is. They will tell you if they have recieved your transcripts, LORs, and will give you your AADSAS number.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well... Here is what AADSAS agent told me yesterday.

They have so far processed 3600 applications since the 1st day of the process. I sent mine on-line on the Aug 28th, and they are still sitting on it, probably for another week or so, then they will forward it to the schools by the end of this month. So, if you are sending your appliaction now, expect delays of at least 4-6 weeks until the schools gets your application from AADSAS, that's like in Novemeber the earliest if you send it now. Schools could take another 2-3 weeks to review your application and maybe, you might get an interview before the Holidays.

I hope that helps.

Originally posted by ecdoesit
strange. i turned my app in on august 24th and the application still says order will be processed in the order of received.

how did u find out the app #? did you call or they emailed it to you?

They emailed me. The website didn't update for me.

Looks like we all submitted around Aug. 25. (I submitted mine online electronically on Aug. 25 as well). Here's the update. Just got off the phone with AADSAS customer service (Phone # 1-800-353-2237): My AADSAS #3641. She said they were currently working on mailing #18, and mine will go out in #19. (She did not know the exact date, but said soon). Hope this helps.

I found this on the forum from sept. last year:

I sent my app out on 9/4 via web.
and I am number #3260
I just got my number yesterday

looks like our numbers are a little higher than last years.

Thanks for posting the Number Future :)

I just called also, I had submitted my application on August 28th, and they are done processing mine and it will be sent out by next Friday. I am sorta surprised as I thought it would take longer..
the last four digits for my Number are 3679 :)

Should I fax my DAT scores ( if they are good :)) to schools next week after I take it? I am taking it on Moday!

if anyone wants to email and find out..the email addy is
[email protected] the wait on the phone is sorta long..

best of luck everyone...and avoid Hurricane Isabel..i am freaking out here in NC, dont wanna lose power the weekend before my DAT!

-N

E-mail response from AADSAS:

Sent an e-mail to:

[email protected]

Requesting AADSAS applicant number and status of my application.

Response:

Thank you for your Email inquiry. Please allow 72 business hours for your request to be researched and a response sent to you. Should you need immediate assistance, please call customer service at 800-353-2237. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 9:00 am until 5:00 pm est.

Thank you again!

when i call this morning 9am pacific time, or noon eastern time
they said they are closed
did i get the wrong number?
1800-353-2237:mad:

They are closed because of Isabel Hurricane...I think

Everyone in Chicago that works for the ADA have all left to drive for hours to watch the hurrcane.:laugh: ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Isnt AADSAS situated in DC?

Yes, They are.

Thats where you mail your application. All government offices are closed in DC area, I don't know if AADSAS falls under that category, but don't be suprised if they did, because public transportation in the DC area were cancelled for the Hurricane. So, most of DC is off today.

Damn, Isabel!!!!:mad:

ya, i tried to call
and they say they are close
please call back during normal office hour
mon-fri 9-5pm eastern time.

i was like huh? since i called around noon pacific time.

thx, Mo007
to clarify.

my AADSAS # is a three digit #. but then every site says that it should be a 9 digit # starting with 20040.

i am confused!:confused:

PERFECT3434

i just PM u
ec

perfect,

Call AADSAS on Monday, give then your transaction #, and they will you your application #.

They sure are milking the weather situation in D.C.. I heard that it was supposed to die down long before it hit that area.

I just receievd E-mail from AADSAS and it gives me my AADSAS
number as 333X and says:

We have received your web application August 19th, 2003

Your application will be sent in the 18th mailing,

What is 18th mailing?

Vishal,

That is simply the 18th "batch" of applications that AADSAS has sent out (or will send out) to dental schools this year.

They don't send them out as they receive them, they send them out in groups or batches.

Why can't they specify date instead of 18th batch?

I sent my application on Aug 28th on-line.

I spoke to AADSAS today, and my # is in the 4200's... they are currently working on Mailing#: 19-20. They will send mine out with the 21st batch. They normally send one batch a week, hence the #19, 20, 21. These numbers correspond to the number of weeks since appliaction cycle started back in mid-may. So, it has been around 19-21 weeks since then. Normally, if you get an AADSAS number, then they will automatically assign you to the next available batch. I don't know how many applications are in a batch, but am guessing around 200 (based on my application # and the # batches sent out so far), it could be less or more.

A very important point about this process is, the information I mentioned above has little to do with application process of an individual, which normally takes 3-4 weeks, they will assign the applicant (after everything in the application is completed) with a mailing #. So, you could have sent your application back in June/July, and could still be on hold with AADSAS, and no batch # assigned. Batch # (or mailing #) is the lateral stage of the application process with AADSAS.

Probably!!....:)

Yuhoooooo!
Finally an email from AADSAS.
My number is 3573. my application will be mailed in the 19th mailing next week.

what a relief.

i turned my application in on august 24 or 25th.

wow, in 3 days, the number jumped up to 4xxx
that's a lot of people.

I had a friend send her stuff in just last week by Fedex, and she called yesterday and she is already in the computer and has an AADSAS # and will be mailed out in the next batch. It took less than a week for her stuff to be processed but mine 4 weeks???....whats with that?

They treat Asian-Indians differently....Just kidding ...

Just be patient...You will be taken care of ...All the best friend!

In Hindi...Jab jab jo jo hona hai, tab tab so so hota hai bhai...

:laugh:

Hey guys, I submitted my application on sept 6th and got an email from AADSAS today my number is 4147. It was not assigned to mailing yet. :mad: But they got all my LORs and Transcripts ! I am happy about that at least. I'll update my info when application is mailed.

I submitted in Mid-August and Bilki on Sept 6th. Difference between two application numbers is almost 400. Thats about 135/ week for past three weeks.

I submitted in Mid-August and Bilki on Sept 6th. Difference between two application numbers is almost 400. Thats about 135/ week for past three weeks.

Sept. 8 has only about 4000 applicants? Does that seem a little low to you guys, or is it just that the majority of applicants apply late in the game?

Originally posted by savvysearch
Sept. 8 has only about 4000 applicants? Does that seem a little low to you guys, or is it just that the majority of applicants apply late in the game?

That's actually pretty high. I think it's 800-1000 more than this stage of the game last year.

You can expect a lot of people to apply in October and November, and then people are still applying in December, January and February.