AADSAS personal statement prob

About the Ads

Tooth Fixer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2005
    I guess from last year they realized there way more applicants to choose from so the admission comittee probably told them the hell with all that writing we dun want to read all that bs so shorten it.

mvs04

Membership Revoked
    Removed
    10+ Year Member
    Mar 23, 2005
    California
    www.bol.ucla.edu
      Tooth Fixer said:
      I guess from last year they realized there way more applicants to choose from so the admission comittee probably told them the hell with all that writing we dun want to read all that bs so shorten it.

yeah no kidding! I was told to keep mine concise. My first paragraph was: how my ****ty GPA doesn't mean that I'm goign to be a ****ty dentist because x x x. Second paragraph was: I'm better than the other peons applying because x x x.

short, sweet, to the point is always best. AACOMs aren't going to sit there and meticulously read every statement.

ianwright

Membership Revoked
      Removed
      10+ Year Member
      May 16, 2005
      Flint, Michigan
        mvs04 said:
        yeah no kidding! I was told to keep mine concise. My first paragraph was: how my ****ty GPA doesn't mean that I'm goign to be a ****ty dentist because x x x. Second paragraph was: I'm better than the other peons applying because x x x.

short, sweet, to the point is always best. AACOMs aren't going to sit there and meticulously read every statement.

mvs - my ps is very similar to yours - i like your style bud

ianwright

Membership Revoked
        Removed
        10+ Year Member
        May 16, 2005
        Flint, Michigan
          Comet208 said:
          way to go buddy, 55 posts on the first day that you joined SDN!!
          you are officially an SDN addict!

there is actually another website for SDN addicts like myself - its called SDN annonymous. The first step is admition:

My name is Ian Wright, and I am an SDN addict.

It's basically a seven step program.

WISH ME LUCK!!! :)

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.