AADSAS question for new cycle.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist2008

UF class of 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The new AADSAS cycle is coming up and I am feeling worried. I was wondering how the application works? Is it an electronic application and you file on the web or you have to print out forms and send everything to AADSAS?
I assume that some part of the application is electronic or at least it can be done electronically. In that case, how do we send the letters of recommendation and the transcripts?
The AADSAS seems confusing to me. Those of you who have applied before, please help.

Members don't see this ad.

It's an electronic application. So you do everything on-line. You send the letters and transcripts directly to AADSAS. Don't stress to much. Just follow the instructions given and you should be okay. And check SDN forums because many of your application questions will probably be answered. Also, make sure you APPLY EARLY. Send it in June. This is very important.

I was wondering how you can look at the application before hand so you have a good idea about how it looks? any advice would help! Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
i think various people on the forum have suggested mailing recommedation letters directly to each school because the AADSAS will usually lose them.

Originally posted by Jone
i think various people on the forum have suggested mailing recommedation letters directly to each school because the AADSAS will usually lose them.
How is this supposed to work? Lets say I apply to 7 schools. Do I have to get 14 letters from my professors (2 for each school) or can I just copy the original letters.
Why should AADSAS lose the letters anyway? After all the money they get from you, it should be really aggrevating. I hope this won't happen to me!

There IS nothing you can do about it. AADSAS is a monopoly and I think that everyone that deals with them has an unpleasant experience. For a service we pay lots of money for, their processing time is awful slow. I wish I knew that it was going to take 2 months before schools would receive my application after submitting it to AADSAS. And of course when you try to follow up about your application, you will receive the robotic answer "Your application will be sent out shortly." It is sad to say, but I'm sure there have been instances where AADSAS's turd-like rate of doing things have determined the fate of applicants. And another warning - the instructions about the limit for your essay are not very clear. When they say "characters" they are including spaces, commas, periods, etc. So keep that in mind.

Bottom line is, there is nothing you can do about AADSAS. Most dental schools associate with them, so if AADSAS decided to screw you for another 25 bucks per school we would oblige. Unless there is someone out there who can develop a more efficient system for the application process. I was a web developer back in the day, so if there is anyone who would like to join forces to put AADSAS outta commission..........