Aadsas too late???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YungJoc87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO I POSTED THESE STATS THE OTHER DAY:

Didn't do as well as I had anticipated, but my scores may be good enough to get the job done:

PA 18
QR 15 :scared:
RC 18
Bio 19
GCHEM 20
OCHEM 20
AA 18 (QR weighed me down by a point or two)

GPA 3.7 (Double major in Biology and Spanish)

Applying to UIC, SIU, Marquette, Indiana University, OHSU, and University of Colorado.

OK, SO THIS IS MY DAT SCORE REPORT FROM 10/14/08. AND I AM SENDING MY AADSAS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME, ON 10/20/08, WITH THE SCORES ABOVE. HONESTLY, WILL I HAVE A SHOT AT EVEN GETTING INTO THESE SCHOOLS, DUE TO MY TARDINESS???

I EVEN CALLED OHSU (OREGON) AND THEIR DEADLINE IS NOV. 1st. I TOLD THE REP THAT I WILL HAVE MY APP IN BY THEN, BUT MY LETTERS OF REC WON'T BE IN UNTIL A WEEK AFTER THE DEADLINE. SHE TOLD ME TO STILL SENT IN MY APP, STATS, AND TARDY LETTERS OF REC.

DO I STAND A CHANCE?
SHOULD I SAVE MY MONEY AND ENJOY THE SATISFACTION OF GETTING A HIGHER SCORE LATER ON?

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say. My friend sent his AADSAS late last year as well, but he had a 19. He sent his AADSAS in around this time as well. He did get 2 interviews and they were both closer to February and March but he did get into 1 school.

It's hard to say but it all depends on the school.

It's hard to say. My friend sent his AADSAS late last year as well, but he had a 19. He sent his AADSAS in around this time as well. He did get 2 interviews and they were both closer to February and March but he did get into 1 school.

It's hard to say but it all depends on the school.
may i ask, what was your friend's GPA?

I have a friend who did something like u are about to do.

his gpa 3.7 overall / science (however, UC Berkeley Engineering), 18/19/19 but 16 on biology and 17 RC

He submitted his AADSAS mid october (like you) but took the DAT in early november.

He received 2 interviews among 19 he applied late Feb and got waitlisted in both. He is a very nice guy and can communicate very well. His extracurriculars were also very good.

He finally got off the waitlist from one school end of july.

I must say it's gonna be a tough one. If you apply now, you are not gonna be happy for next 5 months at least. Don't put yourself into this situation. I know for a fact, if he retook the dat and applied again this cycle, he probably got interviews from at least half of the schools he applied to. The funny thing was that he did apply again really early this time thinking that hes not gonna get into a school this cycle. He didn't retake the DAT. Yet, he managed to receive an interview from Indiana University early august. Oh well, he has already paid tons of $$$$ to USC. :p

If I were you, I would just apply next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
may i ask, what was your friend's GPA?

3.5 Overall
I'm not sure about his Science GPA

But he was a Chemistry Major.

EDIT:
Ok i found out his info:
sGPA: 3.50
oGPA: 3.52
Major: Chemistry-BS

And he e-submitted his AADSAS application October 30 of last year. He took his DATs earlier in October.

Last edited:
I have a friend who did something like u are about to do.

his gpa 3.7 overall / science (however, UC Berkeley Engineering), 18/19/19 but 16 on biology and 17 RC

He submitted his AADSAS mid october (like you) but took the DAT in early november.

He received 2 interviews among 19 he applied late Feb and got waitlisted in both. He is a very nice guy and can communicate very well. His extracurriculars were also very good.

He finally got off the waitlist from one school end of july.

I must say it's gonna be a tough one. If you apply now, you are not gonna be happy for next 5 months at least. Don't put yourself into this situation. I know for a fact, if he retook the dat and applied again this cycle, he probably got interviews from at least half of the schools he applied to. The funny thing was that he did apply again really early this time thinking that hes not gonna get into a school this cycle. He didn't retake the DAT. Yet, he managed to receive an interview from Indiana University early august. Oh well, he has already paid tons of $$$$ to USC. :p

If I were you, I would just apply next year.

He seriously applied to 19 schools!!! That must have been pretty expensive, and the fact that he only received 2 interviews is NOT reassuring.

I think I'll be brave and apply anyways!!! :):thumbup::laugh: