AADSAS Volunteer Weekly Hours - Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

In the AADSAS portion where you list your extracurricular and volunteer hours, it asks for "Average weekly hours". For this, I sometimes volunteered there during the week, but some weeks I didn't volunteer. For this part, do I put the typically number of hours I volunteered during the weeks that I WAS THERE? Or do I take the average of all weeks (worked or not worked). For example

Average number of hours per week during weeks that I DID work there: 3
Average number of hours per week during total association with the organization = .5

Which one do I use? They should clarify this on AADSAS, because I interpret this question as asking how many weekly hours did you spend during weeks that you actually were there.

Any opinions would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Just average out over the period of months that you volunteered for. So if you volunteered 20 hrs in one month, just put 5 hours/wk, even when there are some weeks where you might not have volunteered. What's important are the start/end month and total hours.

are you able to fill out this information before June 4th the day the application opens?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it could have just been looking at old apps? Not sure tho!