1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

AADSAS: What is considered a repeated course?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by autumn_rain, May 28, 2008.

1. autumn_rain

2+ Year Member

Hello,

Sorry, this may sound really simple, but I just want to make sure, since I can't get a hold of AADSAS today...

If we got a "W" in a course and retook it to get another "W" the second time, and then got a letter grade the third time, would the second and third time taking it be considered a "repeated course" even though we never got a grade the 1st two times? Or is it only considered a repeated course if we got a letter grade for the course and then repeated it to get a higher letter grade?

Thanks.

2. litldime

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yes. I believe the 2nd and 3rd time will be considered a repeated course. I'm pretty sure aadsas has a place to indicated these kinds of withdrawal grades. Not sure though. Look up the aadsas rules for entering grades.

3. Slaughter421

2+ Year Member

Somebody answer his question! Im in the same boat but I dont see a spot for Withdrawal under the Special classification. So im guessing we dont need to list them? unless it is considered incomplete?

If we do have to list withdraw courses, does it effect gpa?

#3 Slaughter421, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010