AADSAS...When can I start filling it out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSZ

MSZ
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a question about AADSAS. I realize that June is the earliest AADSAS will process your application, but how early can you start filling out the application? I wouldn't mind having everything done really early (I'm applying for fall of 2006). I tried downloading the AADSAS just this month from the adea.org website, but it wasn't available and I wasn't sure why. I understand that that AADSAS form was probably for 2009 applicants, but I didn't think it would hurt to see what it entailed. Also, I sent my "free" DAT scores to five schools when I took the exam, but I plan on sending them to a few more schools as well. Does that mean I have to go through the DAT service again (I'm assuming so). It's not on AADSAS, right? If anyone has any insight on any of the above topics, I would really appreciate it. Also, if I am unable to download the AADSAS at the present time, can someone sum up aspects of the AADSAS that they found difficult or confusing when filling out AADSAS? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

The commencement of applicants for 2010 will begin around May 15th. This is the earliest date you can assess the online application as they have to clear out previous cycle's stuff. However, you may get your applicant essay completed prior to this date as the only thing you need to know is the 1000 word limit. The essay can be prepared on a word processing program and you can copy the whole thing to your application when it is available.

Yes, you will have to contact ADA directly to have the DAT scores sent to the schools. You may want to contact the schools that you have already sent the scores to whether you will have to send it again in the upcoming cycle as some schools will just empty their previous cycle documents.

The overall application process it fairly straightforward. The only time consuming sections are the academic profile (listing out your transript) and the applicant essay. Otherwise most questions are short answer questions and will not take much time to do those.

MSZ said:
Hi,

I had a question about AADSAS. I realize that June is the earliest AADSAS will process your application, but how early can you start filling out the application? I wouldn't mind having everything done really early (I'm applying for fall of 2006). I tried downloading the AADSAS just this month from the adea.org website, but it wasn't available and I wasn't sure why. I understand that that AADSAS form was probably for 2009 applicants, but I didn't think it would hurt to see what it entailed. Also, I sent my "free" DAT scores to five schools when I took the exam, but I plan on sending them to a few more schools as well. Does that mean I have to go through the DAT service again (I'm assuming so). It's not on AADSAS, right? If anyone has any insight on any of the above topics, I would really appreciate it. Also, if I am unable to download the AADSAS at the present time, can someone sum up aspects of the AADSAS that they found difficult or confusing when filling out AADSAS? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the AADSAS application is probably still available, and while it won't do you any good to complete it now (since everything from this year gets erased before the next cycle starts), it could be beneficial to create an account, log on, and familiarize yourself with the process.

That's what I did, and then I was able to fire my application off on the first day it was available.

Is it just me, or is University of Tennessee not on that application? Did they lose their accreditation or something?

Kiluminati said:
Is it just me, or is University of Tennessee not on that application? Did they lose their accreditation or something?

Do they participate in AADSAS? I know there are 3 or 4 schools that don't, and as I recall they were all in the south (I think Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia are ones). So, it isn't unfathomable that Tenn doesn't particpate in AADSAS.

And no, they didn't lose their accreditation.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Although AADSAS doesn't open up until mid-May for the Class or 2010 applications, are we still able to send in everything else via mail before that. For example, can I send in my LORs in April?

Just curious... and I'm just an anxious, paranoid freak that thinks my admission hinges on being AADSAS #00001...thanks.