• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

AAFP National Conference

teacherman84

10+ Year Member
Air Force
Jun 27, 2008
FL
  1. Attending Physician
    Im a soon-to-be 5th year heading to the National Conference this summer for the first time and was looking for suggestions from those who have gone in the past as I plan my travel.

Are the recommended hotels the best bet or is there anything nearby that wont cost me over $100 a night? They are a bit pricey and I dont have any classmates going I could split a room with...Ive got a scholarship as Im going as a delegate from my state's Academy but it wont cover the flight and hotel.

Is it easy to get by without a rental car?

Thanks

Last edited:

Bernie3144

10+ Year Member
    Navy
    7+ Year Member
    Jul 22, 2006
    Pensacola
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      As last year's National Conference Resident Chairman - I can say in confidence that the suggested hotels are your best bet - and register soon because we sold out VERY quickly last year. Those who registered late ended up over in the Crown Center area which is walkable and cab-able, but definitely not as close.

You definitely do not need a rental car. This will be my 5th conference and I have taken a SuperShuttle to and from the airport each time without difficulty. The entire downtown area is also right down the street from the convention center and the recommended hotels. If you want to go to a Royals game (I believe the Twins are in town), there is a Royals bus that shuttles you from the Marriott to the stadium and back for a discount with your ticket.

Also - as a state delegate, you should try to get in touch with your regional coordinator to seek out other people who are going that would be interested in sharing a room. One year we had 5 in a room and it ended up being very cheap.

teacherman84

10+ Year Member
      Air Force
      Jun 27, 2008
      FL
      1. Attending Physician
        Great, thanks so much for the information. The people from my state going are either females or already have a room with their future residency. Ill just reserve a room and ask around a bit more and see if I can find someone to split it with.

Thanks again for your help...is there usually good representation from military at the conference residents?

About the Ads

aimhigh1

Jun 27, 2013
          Hi teacherman84, im interested in going to the AAFP national conference along with my colleage and this year was our first year attending. I saw that you're from GA, so I was wondering if we can stay in touch. Thanks!!

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.