Aamc 1-3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I've heard that the verbal sections of AAMC 1-3 are easy, but are the sciences good or are those too easy as well?

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1 and 2 are too easy, period. You could use them for practice if you have time, though. I'm pretty sure that the science on 3 is worth doing.

MrTee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
I've heard that the verbal sections of AAMC 1-3 are easy, but are the sciences good or are those too easy as well?

I don't know if I was dumber than everyone or what, but all the AAMC's seemed roughly similar in difficulty to me (1-6).

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have only taken 1-3. The verbal in 1 was extremly easy compared to EK VR 101 and Kaplan verbal. Verbal 2 and 3 were progressively harder.

As for bio and phys, they were about the same for me throughout all 3. #1 bio and phys was a little easier than 2 and 3, but 2 and 3 seemed very similar to me. All 3 weren't that difficult. I am taking another mcat this weekend and i can let you know how it compares.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fun8stuff
I have only taken 1-3. The verbal in 1 was extremly easy compared to EK VR 101 and Kaplan verbal. Verbal 2 and 3 were progressively harder.

As for bio and phys, they were about the same for me throughout all 3. #1 bio and phys was a little easier than 2 and 3, but 2 and 3 seemed very similar to me. All 3 weren't that difficult. I am taking another mcat this weekend and i can let you know how it compares.

I am taking #3 tomorrow. Let me know how the other compared. I want to know what to make of my score... thanks.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
I am taking #3 tomorrow. Let me know how the other compared. I want to know what to make of my score... thanks.

I took the practice MCAT at the end of the big kaplan book today. It was a little bit harder all around. It was especially harder in the physical sciences section, but the grading scale wasnt that bad.

I took aamc 3 months and months ago before i started studying and got in high 20s. Over the last couple weeks I have taken aamc 1 and 2 and scored greater than 13 on all sections except the verbal of aamc 2. I got a 10 on it.

Today on the kaplan i got 11p, 10v, 12b for whatever that's worth. I think I could have done better. There were a lot of questions in areas that I haven't reviewed yet, where as I feel that I have covered everything that was on aamc 1-2. So, this may not be that accurate of a comparison.