• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
1 and 2 are too easy, period. You could use them for practice if you have time, though. I'm pretty sure that the science on 3 is worth doing.

MrTee

15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
I've heard that the verbal sections of AAMC 1-3 are easy, but are the sciences good or are those too easy as well?

I don't know if I was dumber than everyone or what, but all the AAMC's seemed roughly similar in difficulty to me (1-6).

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I have only taken 1-3. The verbal in 1 was extremly easy compared to EK VR 101 and Kaplan verbal. Verbal 2 and 3 were progressively harder.

As for bio and phys, they were about the same for me throughout all 3. #1 bio and phys was a little easier than 2 and 3, but 2 and 3 seemed very similar to me. All 3 weren't that difficult. I am taking another mcat this weekend and i can let you know how it compares.

About the Ads

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2003
The best coast (west coast)
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by fun8stuff
I have only taken 1-3. The verbal in 1 was extremly easy compared to EK VR 101 and Kaplan verbal. Verbal 2 and 3 were progressively harder.

As for bio and phys, they were about the same for me throughout all 3. #1 bio and phys was a little easier than 2 and 3, but 2 and 3 seemed very similar to me. All 3 weren't that difficult. I am taking another mcat this weekend and i can let you know how it compares.

I am taking #3 tomorrow. Let me know how the other compared. I want to know what to make of my score... thanks.

fun8stuff

*hiding from patients*
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
I am taking #3 tomorrow. Let me know how the other compared. I want to know what to make of my score... thanks.

I took the practice MCAT at the end of the big kaplan book today. It was a little bit harder all around. It was especially harder in the physical sciences section, but the grading scale wasnt that bad.

I took aamc 3 months and months ago before i started studying and got in high 20s. Over the last couple weeks I have taken aamc 1 and 2 and scored greater than 13 on all sections except the verbal of aamc 2. I got a 10 on it.

Today on the kaplan i got 11p, 10v, 12b for whatever that's worth. I think I could have done better. There were a lot of questions in areas that I haven't reviewed yet, where as I feel that I have covered everything that was on aamc 1-2. So, this may not be that accurate of a comparison.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.