AAMC #10 Diagnostic exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorgirldaisy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I just took the AAMC #10 to get a diagnostic score of where i'm starting at. Nevertheless, I did pretty bad- a 16 :( Anyways, I'm taking the TPR course and plan to study a lot until my August 2nd test date. Is there any way I can score in the 30's by then? Any one did this poorly on the diagnostic and ended up doing great? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You probably shouldn't have started out with #10. Aside from that, scoring a 16 is normal for your diagnostic exam. You could easily get it up to a 30 by august. Just make sure you practice and what not

that's what i said to TPR but they said that in order to qualify for the guarantee that I must take #10 before the second week of classes.
Should i just not go over where I messed up and do #10 towards the end of july (i prob won't remember anything) I have all the other AAMC's as part of my package as well as several TPR exams.

that's what i said to TPR but they said that in order to qualify for the guarantee that I must take #10 before the second week of classes.
Should i just not go over where I messed up and do #10 towards the end of july (i prob won't remember anything) I have all the other AAMC's as part of my package as well as several TPR exams.

Don't go over any of the answers. Go through your whole class and take it again after you've completed content review. You can definitely raise your score significantly by the end of summer

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't necessarily believe I "wasted" it bc considering I haven't done 90% of content review, I did everything to the best of what was given in the passages and that's about it. Don't remember hardly anything from freshmen year lol. But in 2 months I doubt I'll remember what I put...and if i do...it was most likely wrong

okay! I'm going to do content review may-june with a practice test every 2-3 weeks and then practice practice some more in july

TPR sucks ass. Telling people to take AAMC 10 as a diag is criminal.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't necessarily believe I "wasted" it bc considering I haven't done 90% of content review, I did everything to the best of what was given in the passages and that's about it. Don't remember hardly anything from freshmen year lol. But in 2 months I doubt I'll remember what I put...and if i do...it was most likely wrong

That's the point. You wasted a test when you haven't done content review yet, of course you will score low. You have studied yet and wasted its predictive power As long as you don't look at the right answers, you should be ok to retake it months from now.

That's the point. You wasted a test when you haven't done content review yet, of course you will score low. You have studied yet and wasted its predictive power As long as you don't look at the right answers, you should be ok to retake it months from now.

that's the plan sir!