1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We will be performing maintenance on the SDN forums on Friday, December 9 at 5:00 AM Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

AAMC #10 Diagnostic exam

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by doctorgirldaisy, 05.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. doctorgirldaisy

doctorgirldaisy

Pre-Medical
    Hi everyone,

So I just took the AAMC #10 to get a diagnostic score of where i'm starting at. Nevertheless, I did pretty bad- a 16 :( Anyways, I'm taking the TPR course and plan to study a lot until my August 2nd test date. Is there any way I can score in the 30's by then? Any one did this poorly on the diagnostic and ended up doing great? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Uafl112

Uafl112 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You probably shouldn't have started out with #10. Aside from that, scoring a 16 is normal for your diagnostic exam. You could easily get it up to a 30 by august. Just make sure you practice and what not

4. doctorgirldaisy

doctorgirldaisy

Pre-Medical
    that's what i said to TPR but they said that in order to qualify for the guarantee that I must take #10 before the second week of classes.
    Should i just not go over where I messed up and do #10 towards the end of july (i prob won't remember anything) I have all the other AAMC's as part of my package as well as several TPR exams.

5. PantherPride

PantherPride 5+ Year Member

Don't go over any of the answers. Go through your whole class and take it again after you've completed content review. You can definitely raise your score significantly by the end of summer

6. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    WHY WOULD YOU WASTE AAMC 10??? You should have used AAMC 3... that was a huge waste.

7. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    What's done is done, do NOT look at hte answers or go over it. Do what panther said.

8. doctorgirldaisy

doctorgirldaisy

Pre-Medical
    I don't necessarily believe I "wasted" it bc considering I haven't done 90% of content review, I did everything to the best of what was given in the passages and that's about it. Don't remember hardly anything from freshmen year lol. But in 2 months I doubt I'll remember what I put...and if i do...it was most likely wrong

9. Heplayer92

Heplayer92 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    You'll be fine. 2.5 months is plenty of time to go 30+.

10. doctorgirldaisy

doctorgirldaisy

Pre-Medical
    okay! I'm going to do content review may-june with a practice test every 2-3 weeks and then practice practice some more in july

11. moop

moop 1K Member Banned Account on Hold

MDApps:
    TPR sucks ass. Telling people to take AAMC 10 as a diag is criminal.

turayza and WesternRedCedar like this.
  12. WesternRedCedar

WesternRedCedar

Pre-Medical
    That's the point. You wasted a test when you haven't done content review yet, of course you will score low. You have studied yet and wasted its predictive power As long as you don't look at the right answers, you should be ok to retake it months from now.

13. doctorgirldaisy

doctorgirldaisy

Pre-Medical
    that's the plan sir!

About the ads