AAMC 10 verbal section, general feelings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrabSlamBoot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I hope everyones studying is going well. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on AAMC 10 verbal section. I did a search and saw that many found it a little off the wall compared to the other AAMC's. The reason I am asking is that for #3-9 FL's I missed between 8-9 and would recieve a 10 each time, number 8 I missed 6 and got an 11, but yesterday when I took ten I took a hit with 29/40 handing me a 9 :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.

I would never focus too much on the score for any one test. Your average score is usually a better predictor. In this case, it's pretty clear that you're averaging 10. In any case, make sure you're thoroughly analyzing all of your tests.

I second SN2ed.

I also recommend you don't get in the trap of thinking about tests as having been "different." The sections you take can be on completely different parts of the easy to hard spectrum (because there definitely is a spectrum for MCAT sections by test), and you have to be ready for that.

Remember, the score doesn't matter as long as you learned something.

Yeah thanks guys your right, After reviewing my exam well I realized I made some silly mistakes. Thanks for the comments!